1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Murder on Mr. Fruitgarden (LV fanfic spinoff)

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Megarai111, May 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Characters appearing in this story:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]..alright, I'm not gonna mention everyone. I'm too lazy for that, welp.[/SIZE]

Prologue

[SIZE=14.6667px]Hello guys, and welcome to this detective story![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]This idea suddenly popped up into my head while I was on vacation (those damn plot bunnies!) and I instantly loved it. I've been wanting to write a detective story for a while now, but I was struggling to really get a grasp of a subject and the characters. I do have some good ideas now though...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]I'm gonna write a murder mystery story surrounding the characters in my fanfic![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Yeah guys, the fanfic is temporarily on hiatus until I find the inspiration to write more. Man, writer's block sure sucks. In the meantime, I'm gonna try and work on this story, hoping that this will give me new inspiration for the fanfic![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Because this story will contain characters from the fanfic itself, this story will contain slight spoilers, because I'll also be using characters that haven't been introduced yet.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]There are no good and bad sides... yet. Let's just say the good and the bad sides from the original fanfic don't count here. Things will start to happen as soon as the mystery gets under way. Either way: if you don't want to appear in this detective spinoff, please tell me and I'll stop including your character![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Because not everything gets posted in one go, I encourage you guys to think of the solution as well as thinking of theories surrounding the murder. To get you guys started, I have already included a small hint in these three texts![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Enjoy!~ (and let's hope I actually manage to finish this)[/SIZE]

Parodos

[SIZE=14.6667px]My name is the Hunter. Well, that's my Time Lord name. I always introduce myself to humans as Anna Peterson. Currently, I'm in my 11th regeneration. I have a bunch of silly companions (seven in total, two of which are not present tonight, two of which are certainly present and three whose locations are currently unknown to me).[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Tonight, I'm hosting a party for all the characters participating in the LV fanfic.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]..what?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Why that look on your face?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Yeah, I know it sounds crazy. I did it though. Don't ask me why, I don't know anymore. I just loaded everyone into my TARDIS (this stands for Time And Relative Dimension In Space - basically, it's the vehicle I use to travel through time and space), told them "Alright, I'm gonna host a big party for you guys and you're gonna enjoy it as if all of you are friends, okay?", started my TARDIS and took them along to my villa just outside Sanaria City.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Well, and now we're stuck here. There's noise coming from everywhere. It's so much and so loud that I can't even tell whether they're having fun or slaughtering people inside.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Looks like Finnick doesn't know it either.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Well, since this is my party, I don't think it would hurt to show up and take a look around for myself. To be honest, I really hope they're not slaughtering people inside. Cleaning up dead bodies is such a mess, and I don't think I can shove it off to Finnick like I did the previous times. I guess I have to invent something to take care of dead bodies after this party has finished and everyone has gone home.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Now then, let's have a look inside, shall we?[/SIZE]

First Epeisodion

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Finnick, should I regret this decision?" I asked my companion. Well, it wasn't really asking, it was more like screaming. Even though we were standing 10 meters from the front door, the noise coming out of my villa was so loud that it was simply impossible to understand each other while speaking at a normal volume.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"That depends on the height of the bill we'll get from the police," Finnick replied (screamed back).[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]For this occasion only, the rooms on the ground floor have been transformed into party rooms: the hallway you enter upon coming in through the front door, the living room and the adjacent kitchen have been transformed into one big disco floor with a lounge and a DJ set, the dining room has been transformed into a bar and a small stage for artists to perform on, the lounge room has been transformed into one big buffet room containing enough food to feed Sanaria City for three days, and the restrooms have been transformed into- wait, those are still the same. Never mind. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Phew, that's actually kinda relieving. It would not only be a pain to clean up eventual dead bodies, but if the restrooms had disappeared as well... What's worse than cleaning up corpses? Cleaning up corpses, poop, pee and vomit. Speaking of which, did they bring alcohol or not? I prefer to keep my parties alcohol-free because things tend to get really messy when alcohol gets involved. Then again, in all those years that I've hosted parties, I've never managed to keep an entire party alcohol-free. Well, damn. This should be fun.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Finnick shot me a reassuring look. I smiled, rubbed the back of my neck and opened the door.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]A wave of warm, humid air hit us straight in the face. I could smell sweaty bodies, dusty disco equipment, alcohol (damn) and... weed?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Remind me to never host parties for these people again.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]We passed through the hallway and entered the living room (now disco room). The room looked just like you would expect from a disco room: flashy floor, flashy lights everywhere, smoke machines, dancing people, music at a volume that could not possibly be good for your ears, a DJ and several lounge couches and low tables. You know the deal.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]I spot a couple of girls dancing on the dance floor. I believe they're doing the Smiley Woopy-Woopy (in case you're wondering what that looks like, it looks like this). At first glance, I manage to spot Bloom and Pari, but now that I get a better look at the situation, I see that Bio is there too, dancing in the middle of a group of young and pretty girls. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Hmm. Well, okay then.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Other than those three, I spot James Bradley sitting on one of the lounge couches. A huge group of young girls has surrounded him.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Hmm. Is there some kind of a connection here?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Suddenly, a voice blasts through the speakers.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"LAKE VALOR, ARE YOU READYYYY? THIS IS DJ SHIRO IN THE HOOOUUUUSEEE! PUT YOUR HANDS UP IN THE AIR, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ME BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE HANDS ANYMORE! WOOO!"[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Looking over at the DJ stand, I saw that Shiro was indeed the DJ.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]And she didn't have arms indeed.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Don't ask me how, but she's actually a DJ without hands right now. It's just her head. I'm not kidding. This is quite disturbing to see. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Disturbing, but also fascinating. Remind me to investigate this matter later.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]I spotted Rose Soul on a different couch. She's performing magic tricks for others again. Looks like she's already earned quite a lot of money.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]I tapped Finnick on his shoulder and point at the door. This place was too smelly and crowded for me. I don't particularly mind being in a big group of people, but the combination of darkness, heat and a lot of bodies didn't make me feel very comfortable.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Before we passed to the next room, I spotedt a dark corner in the disco room. I know that sounds weird because a disco is dark by default, but this corner was dark. I saw some pretty shady characters and less shady characters standing there. I recognise Kayle Farstride, El Fantasma (don't ask me how I manage to be able to spot SSA members, I just can), AK2198 and Umbra Tenebris, all dressed in dark clothes. There's one more person standing over there.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Wait, is he smoking weed?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Wait, isn't that kid underaged?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]..WAIT, ISN'T THAT BLAST?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]..hmm. Well, okay then.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]I pretty much drag Finnick along to the dining room (that had been transformed into the bar room). Upon closing the door behind me, I found that this place was a lot quieter than the disco room. Granted, there was still quite a lot of noise here, but at this point of time, everything's more bearable than about 140 dB. The scent of sweaty bodies still hung around, but it was mixed in with the scent of alcohol (mostly beer) as well. There were less people here than in the disco room.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Dérahex von Bonhommeson was standing on stage, telling a story. Judging the busy movements with his hands and his body, it had just reached its climax.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Red was sitting at one of the tables, along with Nyaa-chi. They seemed to be having a nice conversation with the others at that table. Doomhound was standing behind the bar, cleaning some beer mugs. Looks like he was tonight's bartender.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Right at that moment, I saw a flash of red move by. It jumped onto the stage, shoving Dérahex off. The poor man yelped and landed on the floor.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]The blur materialized, showing a girl from about 20 years old with red curls, freckles, a slight frame and eyes the color of a squirrel's fur.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Lost.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"ALRIGHT YE SCRUBS OF SEAWEED, IT'S TIME TO PUMP UP THIS PARTY A BIT! GRAB YE MUGS OF BEER, AND LET'S SING!" she shouted.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]The people present roared. Everyone grabbed their mugs of beer and lifted them into the air.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"I'LL SING THIS ONLY ONCE, SO YE BETTER LISTEN UP AND SING ALONG FROM THE SECOND TIME ON!" Lost inhaled deeply, sucking in air. She started to sing (read: scream) the refrain of "You Are A Pirate" into the microphone. Somehow, despite its volume, it still sounded pretty melodic.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"Yar har, fiddle di dee,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Being a pirate is alright to be,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Do what you want 'cause a pirate be free,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]You are a pirate!" [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Once she started over, the entire crowd joined in. While they roared along with the lyrics, they loudly slammed their mugs on the table on the rhythm of the song. In just five seconds, the entire bar had transformed from a peaceful room to a pirate pub. I looked at Finnick.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]For once, we're not the craziest ones here, his eyes seemed to say. I nodded in agreement.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Suddenly, the room went dark. A power outage. Everyone in the room instantly went quiet.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"Those damn power outages. This is the fifth one tonight," Red said.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Two seconds later, the lights went on again. Looks like the power is back. It must be the disco room that's draining all the electricity. Either that or the power system in my penthouse couldn't take their ridiculous singing. I certainly hope it's the latter, even though the former is more likely.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]The crowd continued their singing as if nothing had happened. I sighed, grabbed Finnick's arm and walked on to the restrooms. I had to take a pee.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Yes, I just told you I had to take a pee. Congrats. I don't tell this often, so have a cookie.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Upon entering the bathroom, the first thing I notice is the guy with the copper-colored hair staring into the mirror. Nate. As expected.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]The second thing I notice is that both toilets are locked.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"Uh, Anna, you're still holding onto my wrist. Do you want me to come along into the toilet with you?" Finnick said.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"What?" I turned around and saw that he was right: my grip on Finnick's wrist was still firm. I quickly let go. "Of course not! That's ridiculous!" [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]I knock on the first door.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"It's taken!" a female voice said. Her answer is accompanied by the sound of a long fart. It's Lady Smugleaf, and judging by the sound (and smell) of it, she's suffering from some serious diarrhea. Gross.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]I knock on the second door.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]I get no reply.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"That door is locked," Nate said, still staring at his own reflection. He appeared to be adjusting his eyelashes. Looks like they weren't standing at the correct angle. "Makra is in there. As soon as we release him, the world around us will do... strange things. Namely Bio would be put in charge of everything that happens to all of us. Do not open that door for your own safety."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"..okay, thanks." Looks like I'll have to go pee somewhere else. I guess outside is my best option. "Let's go, Finnick," I tell my companion. Without giving him any time to respond, I grab his wrist and drag him out of the restrooms.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]I left the bar room through the back door and ended up in the garden. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]The penthouse itself has been built on a slight hill, which means you had a great view all over the surrounding area. A few stars glittered in the sky, along with the eight moons illustrating the night sky of my planet, Huntifrey. The moonlight illuminated the landscape stretching out in front of me: seemingly endless hills, with a few groups of trees scattered around. On my right, I could see the lights of Sanaria City in the distance.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Too bad beautiful images like these always have to get ruined by things like loud noise. Seriously though: these people should learn to party a bit quieter. Damn, I'm totally gonna get fined for this.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]It seems like some people have escaped the crowded rooms in the house as well. I see they've even set up a stage and a bunch of picnic tables for people to sit at. Tarina Amberlight and Rio the Bard are performing songs together on-stage while I see several groups of people sitting around. I spot Aura and Gira at a table, having some kind of a (romantic?) dinner together (as usual). I spot Luna and Gengar together, teasing each other. I see Azur sitting at one of the picnic tables at the outside, looking grumpy, probably because of all the noise and the party itself (as usual). A small fox hops around the garden: Kit.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]I suddenly realize something.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"Say, Finnick?"[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"Hmm?"[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"Where is Satix?"[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"He's in the buffet room."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"And where's Sanc?"[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"He's in the buffet room."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"Well, damn."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]I turn around, run around the house and re-enter the building through the front door (this is the quicker route). I quickly burst through the disco room (for as far as that's possible) and enter a door, this time to the left: the lounge room. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]The smell inside is terrific. There's food on all the tables, stacked up in such a way that it almost touches the ceiling. Some food is lying out in the open, some food is still covered with plastic foil meant to preserve it and keep heat inside, some food is covered with a dish cover and some food has been stored away in a huge fridge.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Satix and Sanc were each standing on an opposite side of a long, rectangular table. Each of them had a dish in front of them, covered with a metal dish cover. Del was standing at a third side of the table, one hand in the air.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"This shall be the food eating contest between Sanc and Satix! Both men will eat five of the dishes served on this table! The first to finish five entire heaps of food wins! The contestants must start with the dish underneath the dish cover first before they can move on to other dishes!" he said in an official voice.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Oh damn, this feels like one of the most random things I've ever stumbled upon in my entire life. I've lived more than a millennium by now, which means I've seen a lot of things, so this is serious. Wow.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"Go, future hubby! Crush him!" a small voice shouted from underneath a table. I crouch and spot Wyx. I should've expected that.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Both Satix and Sanc grab the ring of the dishcover, ready to lift it. Del started to count down.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"Three... Two... One... EAT!"[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Both men lifted the dishcover simultaneously, throwing it over their shoulder. Sanc's dishcover almost hit Wyx's head, causing her to yelp.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]The contest was interrupted by a loud scream. The scream came from Sanc and was surprisingly high for a man his age. He collapsed on the floor, crying.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"Mr. Fruitgarden..." he said.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Not understanding the situation, I look over to see what Satix is doing.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]He's staring at the dish he just revealed, petrified, eyes wide, dish cover in his right hand.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]On the plate was Mr. Fruitgarden... completely ripped to pieces.[/SIZE]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    Damn straight

Ima open that door!

Damn that's brutal

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.