1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP The Mystery of the Unown (RP)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Morgaine, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Here is the link to the sign-up thread! https://lakevalor.net/threads/the-mystery-of-the-unown-sign-up-and-discussion.18204/

Daphne Elderwood hummed loudly and off-key as she walked through New Bark Town. She was on her way to meet with Professor Elm, to finally receive her first Pokémon. She was quickly ripped out of her thoughts because she had been whacked int he back by the tails of her travel partner. Okay, so it wouldn't be her first Pokémon. That honor went to the Alolan Ninetales that was stalking next to her.

"Alright, alright, Titania. I will stop humming, you crazy fox." The brunette protested in response to the rather non-gentle whack.

"We should almost be at the lab though," she said as she consulted the hand-drawn map that she had received from her boss.

"Um, there, I think." Daphne pointed in the direction of a rather plain looking house and shrugged. Titania looked at her with an "Are you serious?" look.

"That is what the map says. Don't blame me if it is the wrong house, lab, something..." She muttered. The girl stowed the map in her pocket and approached the house. Looking at the name plate beside the door, she sighed in relief. Seems she was in the right place after all. Opening the door she was met with the sight of a brunet laying on the floor covered in food.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  2. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    ZAP!

Lightning struck into the bark of a tree, leaving an explosion and scorch mark in its wake. The source of the lightning, a sparking Jolteon, glanced back at its trainer, Taidana Kumo. Said trainer stared at his pokémon with a neutral expression, his hazel eyes flat. Suddenly, with a quirk of his lips, a smirk appeared.

"Excellent job, Zolt. Your lightning is only growing stronger with each battle, soon enough we'll be ready for the league." Taidana spoke clearly and with authority, "Don't slack off though, that only leads to failure down the line, got it?" Getting an affirmative through another spark of lightning, Taidana's expression returned to its neutral state as he ran his hand through his partner's fur, unminding of the electrical charge that came with it. "Let's go, it's time we actually went and visited Professor Elm and get our new team member."

Entering New Bark Town, Taidana paced down the path until he caught sight of a large house, at least when compared to the others he saw on his journey, and a figure outside. Glancing down to Zolt, the two made eye contact, before identical smirks appeared on their faces. Or as much of a smirk a Jolteon can make.

"Here we go, buddy. Our path the top starts now." Taidana declared, breaking eye contact to stare at the house, that seemed to grow as he approached, a determined glint in his hazel eyes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    ”Okay now that we’ve arrived in New Bark Town let’s fine Professor Elm’s lab, Mortis” Tamariel was looking around the small town; it would probably not be hard to find he thought. A houndoom at his side gave a small gruff while sniffing the ground, wondering why in the world they would come to a place like this.

Tamariel started heading for the lab thanks to the instructions he’d been given he hoped to find it fast although just by looking at the town you wouldn’t think there was a pokémon lab there.

“Why did I think it was a good idea to start this journey, I’m way too old to receive my starter I also already have a pokémon.” He mumbled to himself making the houndoom walking next to him tilt its head while giving his trainer a curious look.

Approaching a large house he figured it must be his destination after double checking the instructions since it didn’t look much like a lab or at least not how he’s expected it to look.

“I guess this is the right place, Mortis.” Tamariel looked down at the pokémon before looking at the building in front of them “Well, we better get going then.” He started approaching the lab.

4. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    "How much farther do we have left to go?" Chyro muttered as he made his way through Route 29, his partner trotting alongside him. The little Umbreon gave a little nod, and made some kind of sound of disapproval. Before Chyro could make a response, however, the Moonlight Pokémon decided to run off towards some of the tall grass nearby. "Wow, thanks Twilight..." He sighed, running a hand through his hair.

After a few more minutes of walking, he noticed a little sign in the road, and quickly realized that New Bark Town was nearby. He started jogging towards the small town, which alerted Twilight rather quickly. The Dark Type rejoined with him and the two started walking towards their goal.

"Finally!" Chyro almost rejoiced when he arrived in New Bark Town. "Now, let's get to the Professor's Lab. Apparently there was something he needed to tell me..."

#4 Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  5. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Daphne carefully stepped over the mess in the room, trying to get to the man. She crouched next to him and poked him in the shoulder. It didn't seem to evoke a response, so she poked a bit harder, trying to figure out what had happened. He groaned in response and she just nodded before looking at her partner. Titania yipped at her, pointing at a part of the floor that she hadn't looked at before. She could see Pokémon food that had been crushed and then spread out, so he had probably slipped on spilled food.

"Dang, not even I am that unlucky." She muttered as she turned back tot he man, who had started groaning more and waking up. He clambered back on his feet a bit unsteady and started muttering about things. Daphne laughed a bit sheepishly as it seemed he hadn't noticed her. So, she got back up on her feet and scraped her throat, making the man jump.

"Hi, I am Daphne. I was told that Professor Elm had a job for me to do?" She pretended not to have seen what had happened before and just introduced herself to the man. He thought for a moment before a light went off.

"Right, you are the girl from the Goldenrod Breeding center? That is splendid! I was waiting for you to arrive." The man suddenly gushed at her. "Ah, pardon me, I am Professor Elm, I requested your services."

Daphne just nodded. What had she been roped into?

#5 Aug 7, 2017
  6. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Peeking into the house, Taidana blinked in astonishment as he took in the mess.

'Is that Pokémon food?' Taidana thought to himself curiously, 'How does someone even make that much of a mess?' It was only after he dragged his gaze away from the pile did he notice the absence of Zolt. Narrowing his eyes, he glanced back towards the mess of food to catch his partner quietly approaching the food.

"Zolt! No!" He commanded harshly, causing the Jolteon's head the snap up and glance in his direction, silently pleading with his trainer. In response, Taidana's eyes narrowed even more. Seeing this Zolt silently, and grumpily, returned to his trainer's side. Satisfied with Zolt's obedience, Taidana looked towards the other two figures in the room. Ducking his head in slight embarrassment at his outpost, Taidana introduced himself.

"Sorry about coming in uninvited, but my name is Taidana Kumo. I'm a trainer from Kanto and I'm planning on beginning a journey here in Johto, I was hoping I'd be able to get a starter Pokémon from Professor Elm." He confessed.

7. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Tamariel entered the lab and was greeted with a mess; he stared at it wondering if the man ever cleared up before entering “Professor, are you here?” He called out while he navigated through the mess, why was pokémon food there strewed all over the floor?

While his trainer was going through the mess Mortis went on ahead, sniffing around before entering the next room where he saw that there were indeed others in the house. He let out a short sharp bark to let his trainer know he’d found something, then the houndoom just stood there in the door waiting for Tamariel to come.

The trainer picked up the pace when he heard Mortis’s bark and saw his pokémon stop in the door to the next room. Something he quickly regretted as he hadn’t noticed an empty food can on the floor until he stepped on it and tumbled into the next room landing flat on his stomach.

“Ow, that hurt. I’m okay Mortis.” Tamariel groanedand reassured his partner as he picked himself up since the houndoom where licking his face, not noticing that there was other people till he’d dusted himself off “Oh, tell me you didn’t see that.” Looking slightly embarrassed as he regained his composure before introducing himself when he saw the professor.

“I’m Tamariel Reimer; I believe you were expecting me. I’m from the Jaecar PokéFood Company that would come by to pick up a pokémon; you talked with my aunt, Naska Jaecar over the phone.” Still rubbing one of his elbows.

8. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Chyro had to take a few moments to find the professor's lab, as it had been a while since he had last visited New Bark Town. But with a helpful little reminder from Twilight, he made his way towards a rather large building in the northern part of the town. He knocked a couple of times, and walked in quickly, Twilight following behind.

There were a couple of people in the lab already; a few of them being the assistants that helped out with the professor's work, as well as a few that looked like Pokémon trainers, and of course, a man in a fresh lab coat, who was working on something in the back. "Huh..." Chyro mumbled to himself as he closed the door.

Twilight decided to go on ahead, interacting with some of the other people in the building. Meanwhile, Chyro started walking towards the back of the lab, and and stood next to the man in the lab coat. He tapped the man's shoulder slightly, and said, "Hello, Professor. Am I too late for that thing you wanted me to do?"

9. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    The good man bursted out in tears and hugged the youngest of the trainers that had come into the lab.

"You are the first to address me by my title. Why do people always seem to think that someone else is Professor Elm?" He sobbed as he releases the boy and straightened up quickly afterward.

"I had expected Daphne and Tamariel, but I am afraid that I haven't seen the two of you on the calendar to be arriving today. Hmm, maybe I have the notes lying somewhere over here." Elm moved over to one of the tables in the far corner of the room and started digging through piles of papers. "Not here. Not here either. Now, where could I have hidden those notes?"

At that moment one of the assistants came walking into the room with a cart, carrying four Poke Balls. "Professor Elm, I have the Pokémon ready for the trainers that were coming by today! Oh, they are here already, how silly of me." The assistant chuckled when she saw Prof. Elm rummaging around in the stacks of paper, knowing that they would have lost him for a little while.

"These are the four starter Pokémon that we have today. We weren't expecting four trainers to show up, but I am glad we did have them in stock. We have Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, and Pichu. How about we let Ms. Elderwood and Mr. Reimer choose first as they made an official appointment and then the other two can come and pick their starter, is that alright with you all?" The assistant gestured to Daphne to choose first and she quickly picked the Poké Ball with the leaf sticker on it.

10. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Tamariel tool a quick look at the remaining 3 poké balls before picking the one with the droplet sticker on thinking having a water type on the team would probably be good. The man were still wondering if this journey really was a good idea as he was starting to own decision on undertaking this journey of self-enlightenment.

Mortis raised his nose curiously to sniff the ball and Tamariel reassured the houndoom that he would get a chance to meet the new team member “We’ll wait till we’re outside Mortis with the introductions since that’ll probably be easier. The other two still need to pick as well.” He patted the hound on the head and Mortis sat down to patiently wait.

11. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    It wasn't a question, Taidana knew the moment he saw the Pokéball that he would choose it.

'I'm going to be the best electric type user in history, a fire type won't be useful.' He pondered to himself. Without any doubt, he stepped forward and gripped the Pokéball with a lightning bolt on it. Glancing up at Professor Elm, he nodded gratefully before spinning on his heel and exiting the building with a small smirk on his face. Glancing down at Zolt who was staring at the new Pokéball in wonder as they walked, he chuckled.

"Excited to meet our new partner, buddy?" He questioned, getting a bark in response.

12. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    "Okay then," Chyro watched as one of the Trainers walked out of the building. He was going to let them decide which Pokémon they were going to have anyway, so it didn't bother him much. He glanced at the remaining Poké Ball; the one that have a little fire symbol on the ball. After a small moment of hesitation, he picked up the ball, and held it softly in both of his hands. "Don't worry, I'll take care of you," Chyro said rather quietly, hoping none of the other Trainers would hear him.

Twilight sniffed the ball, and a paw tried to swat it out of his hand. Chyro, however, jerked it away from the Dark Type, making sure that the device wasn't damaged. The boy looked towards the other two trainers, then at Professor Elm, and said, "Thank you so much. I wasn't expecting this, but I'm grateful..."

13. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "Oh bugger, I cannot find those files. Guess we need to tidy up the desk again." Elm came back from his forage through the mountains of papers that were spread all over his desk. His assistant sighed and stalked over to the mess and began to straighten it up. Meanwhile, Professor Elm had turned to Daphne.

"I see you picked your Pokémon. About that favor, I wanted to ask you to meet up with an acquaintance of mine, called Mr. Pokémon. He recently found an egg with a pattern we haven't seen before and I need an experienced breeder to take care of it. Seeing as you were going up for your Breeder License, I immediately thought of you." Elm explained to the girl, who thought about it for a bit. It sounded good to her, but what would be the catch?

"And what would happen after I manage to hatch the egg?" She inquired softly.

"You would continue to take care of it as your own Pokémon. Neither Mr. Pokémon nor I have the time to raise a newly born Pokémon, all I ask is that you keep me updated on the progress." Elm showed her where to go and gave her a Pokémon dex to record the progress of her Pokémon. That seemed to remind him of something else.

"RIght, you all need to have PokeDexes. How silly of me. Here you go, Mr. Reimer, other boys that came to get a Pokémon. Huh, where is the other one that came in? Oh, well." He shoved the last dex in Chyro's hand and shoved them practically out of the door, wanting to get back to his research on Pokémon evolution.

The three trainers were now standing outside in New Bark Town. Daphne laughed a bit nervously before introducing herself.

"Hi, I am Daphne Elderwood, a breeder in training. As part of my training, I have to raise a battle ready team and beat the 8 gyms here in Johto. This is my Partner, Titania the Alolan Ninetales. It is nice to meet you all."

#13 Aug 12, 2017
  14. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Exiting the building with his new Pokéball gripped tightly, Taidana breathed in deeply. Suddenly his glanced down as he felt a weight pressed against his leg, this weight revealing itself as Zolt. "You must be excited to see our new partner," Taidana stated humorously, receiving a yip of confirmation. Also curious at his new Pokémon, Taidana was about to open the Pokéball when he heard footsteps behind him, a glance back revealing the source to be from the other three trainers.

Planning on just ignoring them, Taidana began to walk away until his ears caught the mention about challenging the gyms. 'Might be a good idea to scout the competition then,' the electric type trainer thought to himself, turning and walking back towards the trio.

"Name's Taidana Kumo. I'll also be defeating the 8 gym leaders with Zolt here," He declared, motioning to his Jolteon who stared warily at the unknown trio.

15. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "Daphne, like I said earlier. I am only going to challenge the Gyms, not actually competing in the League. Kinda against the rules that my parents made for my inheritance..." The brunette laughed nervously when being faced with the punk rocker dude. She looked down at her partner Pokémon and smiled softly.

"Although, I loath to go and travel all by myself through Johto. I have done that before and it was quite lonely." She admitted to the three trainers.

16. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Right after he had chosen a starter Pokémon, the remaining three trainers were ushered out of the lab. Chyro chuckled slightly, knowing that the professor would already be busy doing other work. He turned his attention to the other trainers, listening to the two that had started talking. Chyro decided to step up and introduce himself, knowing that he would have to at some point.

"Hello, my name is Chyro Enville, and this is my partner Twilight," He said rather quietly, motioning to the Umbreon at his feet. "I know that some of you seem rather good at battles, so I honestly just wanted to say that I'm rather focused on collecting data for the Pokédex. I'm not sure if the professor wanted us to journey together, so..."

Twilight filled in the quiet gap by making a small tipping sound, and started to socialize with the other trainers. Chyro didn't mind it, though, since he felt like he had said what he needed to.

17. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Tamariel listened to the other trainers as they introduced themselves and he guessed it was a good idea to introduce himself as well. He was a tad jealous of them though because they all seemed to know what they wanted to do, meanwhile he did this journey to find out and he was starting to doubt this decision even if had made plan for taking on the gyms just for no real reason really.

“I’m Tamariel Reimer and I’m just trying to find my place in this world. I’ve been trying to enter Goldenrod City’s police academy, so far with no success.” Tamariel started when the houndoom at his side nudge his hand with its nose, “Oh and this is Mortis, I got him from the Goldenrod breeding center when I was 11.” He felt like that would suffice for now at least.

“I won’t mind the company if you wanna travel together, probably going to be a lot more interesting than going alone.” Tamariel thought that maybe this journey would be far more interesting if he was traveling with someone while he was also hoping it would chase off any doubts he had about even going on this journey.

18. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "The Goldenrod Breeding Center, that is where I was interning until last week." Daphne laughed at the coincidence. Titania perked up at hearing her partner laugh and happily spread out her tails. The Ninetales was getting bored and hoped that the laughing a sign was that they were going to be on the road soon again.

"I would be happy to travel with you, Tamariel. Like I said, I don't fancy going on my own again. Been there, done that. The more the merrier, right?" She clasped the Pokéball that she had gotten from Elm in her hands as she accepted the offer, which made her remember the request he had asked of her.

"I mean if you don't mind coming with me to Mr. Pokémon's house to pick up an egg?" She twirled the end of her braid a bit nervously.

#18 Aug 15, 2017
  19. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    “I won’t mind that at all, maybe the trip there will give us a chance to get to know our new pokémon.” Tamariel then remembered he hadn’t even let the pokémon out of its ball yet, looking down on it he thought that now was good as any to let it out and released it. A totodile materialized in front of him, jumping up and down gleefully before running around the trainers now that it was finally out of its ball.

Mortis tilted his head looking at the water type curiously but also with cautious since he was a fire type keeping a close eye on it as it started running around them.

20. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Originally, when he heard of the offer, Taidana was going to decline. This was his journey, and he has to take it alone. Others would slow him down. As he was about to speak though, he felt a weight against his leg. Glancing down, he caught Zolt staring up at him pleadingly releasing a small whine. Staring down at his partner with a frown, he sighed. "I think... it would be nice to travel with others." He forced out.