1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP The Mystery of the Unown (RP)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Morgaine, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    "So that is three. You were serious about taking on the League challenge, right? In that case we could be of help to help you train against types that you won't have on your team. Like Titania." Daphne gestured to the Alolan Ninetales at her feet, who was beginning to get restless. That reminded Daphne about the Pokémon that she still hadn't met. She quickly turned around a bit and released the Pokémon inside. Kneeling next to the slightly disorientated Pokémon, Daphne began to speak with it.

"Hello, I am your new Trainer and this is your new teammate, Fae. Welcome to the team!" The Chikorita called out in joy at hearing it had been selected and started running around Daphne's legs. The girl just chuckled and grabbed her brand new dex to see what the gender of the Chikorita was. It was apparently a she.

"Would you like it if I call you Mint?" Daphne had picked up the energetic Grass-type and got an enthusiastic cheek rubbing as a response. "Mint it is."

The female trainer turned back to the others and nodded. She personally was ready to leave now that she had everything out of the way.

"Chyro, do you want to join the group as well? Or would you prefer to travel alone?"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #21 Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  2. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Chyro was quiet while the others introduced themselves, and it seemed like the three of them all wanted to take on the Pokémon League. When Daphne mentioned his name, he finally snapped out of his own thoughts, and jumped a little out of surprise.

"Well, as much as I had expected to be working alone on this, I don't think it would be bad to travel with you three anyways... besides, I'm sure my parents wouldn't mind. I guess this is their way of getting me to be with other people." Chyro smiled slightly, and added, "I'm likely not going to take part in the Pokémon League Challenge, but I can give a few pointers... if you need them."

At that moment he remembered about his own starter Pokémon, and opened up its Pokéball. A little white beam shot out from the inside, and the familiar form of a Cyndaquil appeared. Chyro bent down, and held out a hand to the little Fire type. "Don't worry, you're in good hands. I'm Chyro, your new Trainer." He motioned for Twilight to come over, and placed a hand on the Umbreon's head. "And this is Twilight. He's your partner. Don't be afraid to become friends; I find that he does well with others."

The Cyndaquil seemed to understand his words, although it seemed very fidgety. It poked at its Pokéball a couple of times, and Chyro understood that it was ready to go back into its Pokéball. After quickly returning the Fire Type to its home, Chyro stood up, and brushed off the dirt that had gotten into his clothes.

"Alright, are you guys ready to go? There's not much else to do here, so it would be good to go ahead and get going." He suggested. "I'm not sure how long Mr. Pokémon's house is anyways, so it might be good to get a head start."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    “Yeah I’m good to go.” Tamariel said as he picked up the totodile to stop it from running all over the place, boy this one could end up being a handful with how energetic it was. “Oh, when we get to Cherrygrove can we make a pit stop? I need to buy a few things as well as make more pokémon food, and I’ll need to get some supplies for myself.” The man ended up having to put the totodile down again as it was squirming around.

“Geez, where does it get all that energy from?” He stared in amazement as the totodile continued its run around the group, all Mortis could do was roll his eyes at his new teammate.

4. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "That is young Pokémon for ya!" Daphne laughed happily as she twirled around on her heels, Mint securely in her arms. "You probably aren't used to it anymore, seeing as your Mortis is a very well behaved and probably a bit older Pokémon."

She turned around to face the direction where she had came from not even an hour earlier and waved for her new travel mates to start walking.

"I don't mind getting a pit stop on Cherrygrove. I need to grab some berries that weren't in stock in Violet City. I have a feeling that I am going to need lots of them." She smiled before focussing on walking.

5. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Glancing down to his new Pokéball with wonder, Taidana hummed in consideration before opening it. From it a Pichu formed, his' childlike expression lighting up with joy as he took in his surroundings. Suddenly, as he laid eyes on Taidana, he leapt off the ground onto his head and cried out. Startled, Taidana shouted.

"Wow! Calm down damn it!" His shout only served to shock the Pichu, and with that sparks of electricity began to appear causing Taidana's eyes to widen in fear. "Pichu.. Don't do.." His warning was cut off at the baby Pokémon released his pent up electricity into his new trainer, causing him to silently cry out. After the light show, Taidana rocked unsteadily to one side, as he redirected his gaze to Zolt, "And where were you on that one?" He grumbled, getting a nonplussed look in return. With care, Taidana picked Pichu off his shoulder, where he had fallen during its ordeal, and stared dryly at the Pokémon. "I think I'll call you Tensu." As if approving his small head began to nod excitedly.

Sighing he began to follow his new companions with Zolt by his side and the newly named Tensu staring at the world in wonder from atop his head.

6. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Chyro slowly followed the group of Trainers as they started their hike to Cherrygrove City, and kept on stopping mainly to look at the different species of Pokémon around. Yes, there were rather common species in the area, but the different behaviors deeply interested him. Chyro watched some of the Normal type species roam the route, with Twilight making sure that none of them came too close to any of them.

The youngest in the group watched as some of his travel partners started working with their new Pokémon a little more, which made him want to give his Cyndaquil a little more attention. However, he felt like his partner would rather work better by itself rather than being surrounded by others.

One thing that Chyro and Twilight took note of was an extra little path that led up north, around the middle of the route. He didn't think that the group would end up exploring it, but it was nice to remember that. And knowing that there were some Pokémon to catch, he felt rather annoyed that he hadn't stocked up on any PokeBalls. "I'll have to grab a couple of those when we make that pit stop in Cherrygrove..." He mumbled, adding that to his list of things to get.

7. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "Ya know, kid, I am actually from this area and know it like the back of my hand." Daphne had fallen back to walk alongside Chyro and was now trying to make conversation. " That path leads to Mahogany Town, the Den of the Dragon Masters. Claire is a bit too strong though to try and challenge as we are, even if I have a little Dragon Destroyer with me."

Titania puffed out her tails at that comment, knowing all too well that that was a compliment and she was going to milk it all she could. Mint was just trying to keep up with the much taller Trainer and fox. Daphne noticing the struggles, just picked her up and let the young Chikorita rest. They had made good time after all and was high time that the little one took a nap.

"Falkner is much more agreeable to use Pokémon that are more suited to the challenger's level than Claire is."

#27 Aug 18, 2017
  8. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    “Okay is time to go now you two.” Tameriel said as he managed to capture his energetic totodile again before following the others, something the young pokémon was completely happy about. “Hey no squirming, I’ll put you down in a minute, um…” He trailed off; remembering he’d never named the totodile. As he followed the others he held out the totodile to take a good look at it, “How about Bruce?” He asked the water type who just beamed at him making Tamariel think he could have called it any he wanted and it would probably just have beamed at him.

“Alright then, Bruce it is. Now don’t’ stray too far I don’t want you to get lost, I would like to do a test battle with you later.” Temeariel said as he put the totodile down and it continued it energetic dash around its trainer. “Mortis keep an eye on Bruce just in case he runs off all of a sudden.” Mortis gave a nod, it was then Tamariel noticed he’d fallen behind and quickly caught up with them again.

“I am not use to traveling like this; all I’ve ever done is camping in the weekends.” He said a little louder than he’d intended.

9. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "Guess that Taidana and I have the most experience being on the road then." Daphne mumbled as she heard Tamariel saying something about only going camping before. She smiled at him though.

"No worries, Tamariel, you will pick it up really quickly. And it isn't long until we reach Cherrygrove, maybe another 30 minutes. It is a bit longer to Violet. That is about two days and we need to take a side path to get to my 'side quest'." She looked fondly at all the Pokémon around them. She was used to be surrounded by them. Feeling like taking a photo, she tried to grab something from her bag, before realizing it wasn't there. Internally panicking for a bit, she tried to remember where she left it. Then it came to her.

"Oh right, I left my bag at the Cherrygrove Pokémon Center. I knew I was going to make it back today." She muttered.

10. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Raising his eyebrow as he heard Daphne's comment, Taidana glanced in her direction quizzically, "You're not worried about someone thieving from you belongings?" He pondered outloud, idly ignoring the fact Tensu had found his hair amusing and began to tug on it. Placing his hand on Zolt's head, he scratched behind his ear as he continued, "So when we get to Cherrygrove what's the plan beyond your mission? I'm not familiar with there being anything of note there" Wincing, Taidana glared up at Tensu who looked down with an apologetic glance, realising it had tugged too hard on a strand of hair.

11. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "Nurse Chansey is holding it for me. I helped them last night with some younger Pokémon that got hurt, so they wanted to do me a favor." Daphne explained, scratching her next in a bit of embarrassment. "As I was going to come back there any way, they held my room and bag for the day. If we want, we can stay overnight in Cherrygrove, after making sure we have everything we need, get one last good sleep in, and hit the road tomorrow. Mr. Pokémon's house should be around 4 hours from Cherrygrove, and one hour after the crossroads. He doesn't seem to like visitors very much."

Daphne pondered on it for a moment. Was there something of importance around here? She didn't think so.

"There is nothing really of note around here aside from maybe a few Apricorn trees along the roads. After we get my egg, I suggest just moving on Violet City where the first easy to access gym is located and there is a training spot called Bellsprout Tower for those that want to try. The Gym Leader is called Falkner and he uses Flying-types."

12. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    “The plan is to stock on supplies, and for me to make some pokémon food which will probably take quite a while so is perfect that we stay at the center till tomorrow. I can make food for everyone’s pokémon if they want; just need to pitch in on the cost, thought I’d offer since I’m use to producing large amounts of food for my aunt’s company.” Tamariel joined in on the conversation, he wasn’t sure if they would even trust him enough to do something that important, but he was confident he could make something better than the store food.

13. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    "Ah, that sounds good to me," Chyro replied, taking note of Tamariel's words. It was nice to know that the group wouldn't be running out of food anytime soon.

He halfway listened in on the other two trainer's conversation, and became a little more interested once Daphne mentioned something. "Apricorn trees? I've heard about them in the past; they're special items that can be made into PokeBalls. I'm actually kind of hoping that I could find some Yellow ones; I think those are the ones that can be made into Moon Balls." He chuckled, rubbing the back of his head a bit. "I'm a stickler for ball aesthetics... heh heh..."

Twilight seemed to sense Chyro's nervousness as he spoke, and rubbed on the boy's legs. Chyro stopped, hoping to give himself some distance between the other Trainers, and bent down to pet the Umbreon. "I don't know, it just seems like everyone knows what they already want to do... and here I am still trying to figure that out. What is it that sets the other three apart from me?" Twilight didn't answer, but stood as by to help console his master. "I mean, I'll probably figure it out sooner anyways, so there really shouldn't be a reason to worry about it..." Chyro sighed, standing back up. He had to walk a little bit faster to catch up to the others anyways, so he did his best to try and not waste any more time.

14. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "I have to decline, Tamariel. At the breeder center I worked I was taught that it is better to make my own custom food, not to rely on the commercial brands. Altough, we only did it for the newly weaned and our own Pokemom. It is a habit of mine now to make it myself." Daphne shook her head in response to Tamariel's generous offer. "Besides that, Titania is a picky and paranoid eater ever since someone sprinkled some spicy powder in her food."

Daphne fiddled with the end of her braid again, she didn't like to refuse someone when they offered help, but this was something she wouldn't bent on. Hearing Chyro talk about Apricorns as items made her laugh.

"Chyro, Apricorns are fruits and they taste pretty good baked," she snickered softly. "But yeah, they can indeed be made into Apricorn Balls, like the yellow Apricorn into a Moon Ball by Kurt in Azelea Town." Here she pulled out Titania's Ball and showed to the group that it was a Moon Ball.

"I myself also have all my Pokémon in Moon Balls as it makes for easy clearification that they are mine in the breeding Center. I have a few different ones in my normal bag, if anyone cares to try one out. But the Moon Balls I have, stay mine. Sorry, Chyro."

#34 Aug 23, 2017
  15. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    “My food is not commercial brand but I get what you mean, I had a feeling you’d decline anyway since you did say you wanted to be an official so you need to know how to make food.” Tamariel said with a laugh as he just listened to Daphne and Chyro talk about Apricot Balls, it also made him remember he needed to transfer Bruce into one of the Safari Balls he had and now was probably as good a time as any.

“Bruce come over here for a minute.” He called and the totodile came out from a patch of nearby tall grass with Mortis close behind. “Alright stay put for just a minute while I get you into a new ball.” Tamariel then pulled out Bruce’s ball and stepped on it, breaking it before he pulled out a camouflage patterned ball, Bruce just staring curiously at him while doing this. Tamariel tapped the ball’s button on Bruce’s forehead and the totodile went inside, the ball wiggles and blinked for a few seconds before clicking. Tamariel then let the totodile out again so he could run and hopefully burn off some energy.

16. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    "Heheh," Chyro chuckled slightly after Daphne had finished her little lecture about Apricorn balls. "That kind of shows how little I know about Johto..." He sighed, massaging the back of his head slightly. It was true, though; he did not have a lot of knowledge about Johto. But Daphne seemed like she had a little stash of Moon Balls in her bag, although he wondered... "Hey, do you happen to have any other kinds of Apricorn balls in your bag?"

17. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "Yeah, I need to keep training in all aspects of how to be a good caretaker and breeder, part of that is to make my own food and help out those that want advise to make their own stuff better." She replied to Tamariel, before he went to switch out his Totodile's Ball for a Safari one.

Then she was a bit startled by the youngest in the group with his sudden inquiry about the types of Apricorn Balls she was carrying with her. She looked at Chyro with a bit of surprise in her blue eyes, but she was soon over it. Tapping a finger to her chin, while making sure that she wasn't strangling Mint, she thought about the balls she had in her bag.

"I believe I have some Heavy Balls, Fast Balls, Friends Balls, and if I remember correctly some Lure Balls. Not sure how many I have of each though. It might be prudent to collect some apricorns before we go to Azeala and ask Kurt to make some more if you like them." She muttered out loud. Spotting Cherrygrove growing near, Daphne smiled widely.

18. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    "Yeah, it might be best to stock up on Apricorns for now... heheh..." Chyro chuckled slightly, some of his nervousness was already going away. He felt a little more comfortable in the group, probably because the others seemed to accept him rather easily... well, except for Taidana; he seemed to be rather quiet when it came to interactions.

As Cherrygrove started getting closer and closer to the group, Chyro started wondering about whether to grab some necessities at the Poke Mart there. Maybe some Poke Balls, and a Potion or two... even though he had a nice stock of Berries in his satchel, he felt like grabbing some other items would make him feel better in case Twilight was to get hurt.

"Oh! Um... I don't really know if anyone would be needing these, but they're available to take," Chyro smiled a bit as he dug through his bag, taking out a couple of Berries. "They're all natural too, straight from the trees near my home."

19. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "I have enough berries to last me a while, but thank you for the kind offer, Chryo," Daphne smiled at the younger boy before she stopped walking. The group had arrived at the Cherrygrove Pokémon Center and this was Daphne's stop for the time being.

"I am sure that you all have a lot to do, buy, train, so how about we stay here for the rest of the day, get a bit acquainted with the new Pokémon, have a good night's rest, and hit the road early?" She suggested, moving the Chikorita in her arms slightly as she talked to the boys. "I can have either Nurse Joy or Chansey reserve a room for you, that way you don't have to worry about coming here on time before the desk closes for the night."

20. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Shaking his head in refusal to the younger trainers offer, Taidana slipped his hands into his jacket's pockets, "I appreciate the offer but no, Zolt isn't too trusting of strangers." As he said this though, Zolt had begun to approach the rest of the group, walking beside them comfortably. Sighing, Taidana stared dryly at Chyro, "See? Not trusting at all."