1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP The Mystery of the Unown (RP)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Morgaine, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    “I see, so that sparked an interest in the breeder world.” He listened to his traveling partner while keep an eye on Bruce to ensure the totodile didn’t run too far away even if he’d instructed Mortis to do the same.

“I guess having well off parents have its advantages, not like I’m really the one to talk the only reason I was able to get in contact with Professor Elm was because my aunt have connections.” He hid a smile as he watched the girl twirl making the pokémon on her shoulder protest.

Tamariel then just listened to his companion talk for a bit till they started bringing up the upcoming gym battles.

“Well you’re pretty set for that battle too, you got Titania after all. Those birds are going to end up as frozen chickens pretty fast and I’m not exactly unprepared either since Mortis knows Thunder Fang.” Mortis let out a bark in agreement, even if gym battles were supposedly hard Tamariel was confident that this one would be no problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    "True to that, Titania will have a very easy time if I send her in, but I think that letting this little one," here she scratched Sentret under her chin, "have a go first is the way to go. I don't want to rely solely on Titania after all." Daphne nodded at Tamariel's words and smiled at Taidana for the compliment. Then the female trainer looked at the last companion and mused about his team and how he would match up to the first gymleader.

"I guess that you won't have as much of an easy time like us. Squirtle doesn't have a type advantage after all, and while Falk is pretty cool in taking on the newbies at their own level, even he could wipe the floor with ya, if you aren't careful," Daphne warned Tsubasa. Then Sentret warned her of the fact there was a split in the road and Daphne turned around to look at it.

"Alright to the east Mr. Pokémon house, to the west, Violet City." She said while looking at the small piece of paper with instructions that she had and resolutely walked down the path to the right, her Pokémon following her without a care in the world.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Tsubasa watched and listened as the conversation flowed back and forth. He was good at that, perhaps too good. While it may have came off as odd to some, he didn't mind listening as it allowed him to garner knowledge of the scene he was in. As Daphne, Taidana and Tamariel discussed their chances against Falkner.

"Violet City, huh?" Tsubasa thought to himself. Kommander ran around, back and forth in circles. He knew his Squirtle didn't stand a pretty good chance against Falkner as he had no type advantage.

From the side, he heard Daphne's warning. Indeed, it could very easily result in a demoralizing loss for him and his Squirtle. He pondered the thought of battling Falkner and shuddered slightly. If anything, it would be wise to watch his other companions go first. Maybe he could pick up something useful that could help him out.

He nodded slightly in Daphne's direction.

"Noted."

With that, he began to follow after Daphne and the rest of the group who had turned on the right side path to follow the road to Mr. Pokémon House.

#103 Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  4. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    It didn't take long for the group to reach a small house on the side of the path and Daphne turned around to face the group.

"I will go in alone, it is my errand after all. I shouldn't take very long." She said to the group before whistling loudly once to grab the attention of all her Pokémon and instructed them to stay with the group and not to go out on a mini adventure.

It took some time before Daphne reappeared, now with a white, red, and blue egg in her arms and Sentret down on the floor, running around her trainer's feet.

"Alright-o, I should be ready to head out to Violet City, seeing as I have the egg and got the x-transceiver number for both Professor Elm and Mr. Pokémon." She announced and led the group back to the crossroads to go back on the only path they hadn't been on yet. The road that led to Violet City.

5. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Tamariel was watching Bruce play with the other pokémon when the totodile disappeared into a bush rustling around in there until he came rushing out again in a panic hiding behind Mortis and Titania.

“What’s wrong Bruce? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.” Tamariel was puzzled by his pokémon’s behavior considering a minute ago Bruce had been happily playing. Mortis started growling as something in the bush started to move around before revealing itself as it came charging out going for Bruce with a Tackle attack.

“A shinx, no wonder Bruce got frightened! Stop it Mortis, used Flamethrower!” Mortis immediately let a stream of fire at the charging shinx forcing it to change course but it didn’t stop. “Crap, use Sucker Punch!” The houndoom launched forward knocking the electric type back stopping it in its tracks.

It growled fur raised and ready to fight, Tamariel was wonder what Bruce had done to get it so agitated even if shinx could be feisty this one was a little extreme. It came charging again this time at Mortis who just sidestepped the little pokémon’s attempt at tackling him snorting at it for trying.

Tamariel decided to capture it, it would be good for the gym battle and it was a lively pokémon that would probably be a good addition to his small team. “Okay Mortis use Flamethrower again!” The hound obeyed and this time the shinx wasn’t fast enough to evade it. It came at Mortis again this time using Spark. Tamariel ordered Mortis to use Crunch catching the little pokémon between his jaws as it came into contact with him before throwing it away.

The shinx was looking a little wobbly so Tamariel decided to throw a ball at it to see if it was enough since it’d been a pretty unfair fight as Mortis was much more experience and fully evolved. The shinx went into the ball and it shook as the electric types tried to break out until it just stopped and gave the familiar sound of a poké ball locking up. Mortis fetched the ball without being told to handing it to his trainer.

“Phew sorry about that folks, let’s get to Violet City before something else ambushes us.” Tamariel said as he took the ball from Mortis and the group moved on to Violet City where Tamariel’s first busy was visiting the pokémon center to have his pokémon checked after the encounter with the shinx.

6. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Daphne stood in the lobby waiting for Nurse Joy to come back with the Pokémon. She knew that at the very least Taidana was itching for a fight and while the guys had been busy with their own check-ups, she had snuck away to schedule some gym matches. As she spotted the guys, she waived the papers in their faces.

"I made the appointments for the gym fights, there are four slots, and I don't care who goes first. However, if you are uncertain, you might want to go and train at the Bellsprout Tower before trying to take on Falk." She held out the papers urging the guys to pick first, she would just take the last spot and phone her sister to let her know when she was having her gym battle.

7. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    "Thank you," Taidana nodded towards Daphne as he reached for the first slot before hesitating. Changing his mind he grabbed the second slot and backed away, glancing towards Zolt, who recently returned with Nurse Joy, with a smile. "It's almost time, buddy." In response the Pokémon barked in excitement. Gratefully accepting Tensu's Pokéball back, Taidana glanced towards Daphne again curiously.

"So, any news on that egg of yours? Like what Pokémon it is?" He asked, half out of genuine curiosity and the other half out of wariness of what a potential rival could have in their arsenal.

8. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    “Thanks Daphne, I was gonna get an appointment after Joy was done looking at my pokémon so this saves me the trouble.” Tamariel reached out and took the last slot as he just preferred going last, not like it was going to be a boring wait anyway he could watch the others or train his newly caught shinx.

“I admit I’m kinda curious too, do you know what’s in it or is the reason why you were given it is to find out?” Tamariel was very curious about what could potentially hatch from the egg he admitted that.

9. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Daphne smiled as the guys took the tickets from her hand, and picked the third spot herself, leaving the first spot for Tsubasa. It would probably take some time for Laurel to make sure she could have a day off to watch her fight.

Then the guys started asking about the egg in her arms and she looked at it.

"I am not too sure." She confessed. The egg was white with red and blue triangles, but she hadn't come across a Pokémon that had those exact characteristics.

"The color seems to indicate either a normal or ice-type. But I have no clue as to what is actually in it." Daphne tilted her head to the left, making Sentret squeal a bit as she shifted with the movement to the right.

"Mr. Pokémon said that it puzzled all the professors that he asked." She furrowed her eyebrows as she tried to remember the entire conversation she had with the man. "No, I think he said Pr. Oak came across it, but that he didn't remember where he had seen the pattern."

Daphne laughed a bit sheepishly.

10. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Tsubasa had hoped that no one had seen him when the Shinx had popped out. The little, electric Pokémon had caught him by surprise which had resulted in a somewhat odd shriek. He hated being surprised like that. He had been in awe of Tamariel though who had shown his prowess but capturing the little Pokémon with quite some ease. As they arrived at the Pokémon center, Tsubasa was lost in his thoughts about the preceding events. He had made sure to give his little Squirtle to Nurse Joy for the routine checkups as he was on the fence about fighting Falkner but wanted to try it anyway. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

As he remained caught in the hullabaloo of the day, he missed Daphne's call to pick battle slots.

"...if you are uncertain, you might want to go and train at the Bellsprout Tower before trying to take on Falk." As Daphne's sentence trailed off in his mind, he decided he would have to go and attempt to train if he wanted to have any chance of defeating Falkner.

As he processed all this, he snapped back into the scene and noticed that Daphne had got four slips for battle slots. Taidana, first transfixed on slot one, eventually took two, while the others fit in to leave him with one. Tsubasa grimaced, this would no doubt be a tough task but one he would like to attempt.

He took slot one and made his way to the Falkner's Gym. In the back of his mind, he heard Daphne's warning but decided to wing it against Fallkner. He wanted to test his Squirtle out in battle against the Gym Leader.

Tsubasa was ready! He stood at the challenger's side in the open, dome-shaped gym. Across him stood Falkner, his trademark blue hair flowing.

"Alright Kommander," Tsubasa yelled throwing his Pokéball, "lets go!"

"C'mon Pidgey," Falkner responded, sending out his flying mon.

"Squirtle, Tail Whip!" ordered Tsubasa. The small blue Pokémon twirled trying to hit Falkner's Pidgey.

"Alright Pidgey! Avoid that and counter with Tackle!" Falkner expertly commanded.

Tsubasa gritted his teeth as he saw the Pidgey soar above the failed Tail Whip. He knew he would have to step his game up against Falkner but this was a whole other level. He grimaced as he saw Pidgey swoop for a Tackle. Kommander was too slow to avoid the hit.

"Any more of this and Squirtle won't be lasting too long." Tsubasa thought to himself.

Kommander slowly returned to his feet, the obvious damage had been dealt in that Tackle to the inexperienced Squirtle.

"Kommander, power through! Use Tackle on Pidgey!" Tsubasa hoped the attack could launch some time of offensive flow but Pidgey rendered the attack harmless as it glided over the bounding Squirtle.

"Alright Pidgey," Falkner roared, "Use Tackle again!"

Pidgey sailed towards Squirtle and landed another successful Tackle. Squirtle was clearly too tired to last much longer and dodging seemed not possible in this state.

"Pidgey, finish this! Mudslap!" Falkner ordered. Pidgey successfully connected, hitting Squirtle square and causing him to fall back. Squirtle had fainted and the battle was over. Tsubasa turned his head in shame but knew this wasn't going to be his last time battling. He was sure he could get stronger and return!

"Thanks Falkner" he remarked and turned to his friends.

11. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Clapping his hand on Tsubasa's shoulder, Taidana gave him a nod. "It was a good battle, and now you can see how to improve. Next time you should have it." Continuing is walk, Taidana stood where his companion stood beforehand. "Falkner, I would like to make a suggestion. Unlike my companion, I am an experienced trainer with an appropriately experienced Pokémon at my side, at the same time I have a new, and young, Pokémon. If you would be so kind, I would like to battle a team that has similar strength."

With a nod, Falker agreed to Taidana's suggestion. "Very well, challenger, your suggestion has been accepted." Almost in unison, both trainers threw a Pokéball into the air, releasing the creature inside.

"Go Tensu!" Taidana barked, the small rodent appearing on the field with a leap of excitement, realising instantly this was the battle his trainer had spoken about beforehand. On the opposite side of the field stood an aggressive looking bird Pokémon that Taidana knew well, "Spearow huh?" He murmured, his fingers lightly touching Zolt's ball, knowing this was going to be tougher than he expected.

The two trainers stood staring at each other, neither willing to make the first move. Eventually Taidana's patience ran out and he shouted his first command, "Tensu! End it quickly, use Thundershock!" With a cry of his name, Tensu lit up with a yellow light, from which, multiple currents of electricity launched themselves towards the bird Pokémon, who dodged on the command of its trainer.

"Now, Spearow, use Pursuit!!" At Falkners command, Spearow launched itself into the air surrounded by a dark energy before changing its direction so it flew towards Tensu who froze in fear at the sight in front of him.

"Damn it, Tensu move out of the way!" Taidana shouted, his voice barely waking the Pokémon up from his fear in time to jump away, despite avoiding the brunt of the attack one of Spearows wings still connected with Tensu launching the Pokémon to the side with a cry. "Tensu!" Taidana cried in concern, "Tensu you need to get up and attack now!" The concern that layered Taidana's features disappeared as he watched Tensu struggle to his feet. "Good, now be ready." Unwilling to allow Taidana to go ahead with his plan, Falkner shouted out his own command.

"Spearow! Finish the rodent off with a Peck!" Unaware of the smirk on Taidana's face, Spearow launched itself at the smaller Pokémon, its beak gaining a small glow, and as the attack was about to connect Taidana shouted out.

"Now Tensu, thundershock!" Almost as soon as the command was finished, Tensu cried out as he released any pent up electricity into an attack that lit up both Pokémon, and after the light show had cleared, they both lay knocked out. "Damn it, you weren't fast enough." Taidana grumbled, knowing that the Spearows attack connected just before Tensu's.

After returning both Pokémon to their balls, the two trainers grabbed their last Pokémon. "Well that was some good experience for Tensu at the very least," Taidana spoke up, a small grin on his face, "But this is a Pokémon who requires no more experience, let's finish this, Zolt." Before he had finished speaking, the ball in his grasp forced itself open as the Jolteon inside appeared on the field, sparks appearing around his fur as he stared at what would be his opponent. A Honchkrow.

The Dark type Bird gave an bow that reeked of arrogance, something that caused Zolt to bark back in irritation. Their confrontation was interrupted by Falker, "I think we should probably begin before our Pokémon decide they want to fight without us." At Taidana's nod of agreement, Falkner sounded his first command, "Honchkrow, start us off with a Night Slash!" The Dark type swiped the space in front of it with its wing, on the edge of which a dark energy had formed before launching outwards in a slash towards Zolt who dodged without a command.

Scoffing at the attack, Taidana returned fire, "Zolt lets start nice and simple, Echoed Voice!" Zolt reared back his head before barking towards the Honchkrow, releasing a rippling ring with the bark that, on contact with the bird Pokémon, exploded outwards sending the Honchkrow backwards before it was able to regain its balance.

"Impressive, Honchkrow respond with a Dark Pulse!" At the same time, Taidana spoke his own follow up command, "Zolt! Use Echoed Voice again!"

The two pulse like attacks collided in mid air, causing a large amount of smoke to pick up in the aftermath.

"Quickly Zolt, before they can recover use Quick Attack to get in close!" The Jolteon became a blur as it ran into the smoke, the areas in the smoke that dispersed being the only way of tracking the Pokémon until it exited the camouflage and launched itself at the Honchkrow. Or where the Honchkrow used to be, as it had moved higher into the air waiting for its perfect moment which had finally come.

"Now Honchkrow! Night Slash!" Zolt, stuck in the air and unable to dodge was struck head on by the Night Slash that carried the Pokémon all the way to the ground below.

"Damn it! Zolt are you alright?" Taidana cried out, receiving his partners bark in return. Finally the smoke had cleared and Taidana was able to see the two Pokémon. Zolt, shaking off the powerful attack but still showing signs of grogginess, and Honchkrow keeping its distance in the air. "Well if it wants to play the distance game, lets bring it to us. Thunderbolt!" With a bark, Zolt released a large bolt of lightning from his back that barely collided with the Honchkrow's wing as it dodge, causing the bird to drop closer to the ground.

"Perfect, now before it recovers use quick attack!" Blurring out of sight again the Jolteon launched himself at the dark type who quickly responded to its trainers command,

"Sucker Punch!" A purplish energy appeared around Honchkrow's wing as it slammed itself into the Jolteon, who cried out in pain from the unexpected attack.

"Damn it, Zolt quickly while it's in your grasp, use thunder fang!" Electricity roared to life around the four largest teeth in Zolt's maw, at which point Zolt bit down on the Honchkrow's wing releasing the pent up electric and forcing the bird to tumble to the ground with the Eeveelution who struggled to his feet. The Honckrow though, lay knocked out on the ground, finally defeated.

Taidana had won his first Johto Gym battle.

"Good job, Zolt!" Taidana shouted at the weary Pokémon, who was quickly returned back to its ball for a good rest. Looking up from the Pokéball with pride, Taidana accepted the outstretched hand of Falkner shaking it. "That was a tough battle, sir. I'm sure both of my Pokémon have improved." Taidana spoke to the leader honestly, he did not expect the battle to be so tough.

"Yes, it was a tough battle and you won fairly. For that, I present you the Zephyr Badge. May you continue to do well in the rest of your battles." Accepting the badge gratefully, Taidana approached his travelling companions as calmly as he could, but even he couldn't stop the small grin on his face.

12. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "YOU CAN DO IT, DAPH!" Daphne's sister Laurel had arrived during Taidana's gym battle and was now enthusiastically cheering for her little sister. Daphne passed Taidana with a broad smile on her face and a quiet "well done".

As she took her position, she waved cheerily are Falkner. "Long time no see, Falk. Are you ready for that long-promised gym battle?"

He laughed.

"I have to admit that I didn't expect you to ever appear on the list of challengers, but I am glad you are, Daphne." He said as he was reaching for his next Poké Ball.

"I am going to guess that you prefer the same rules as your successful companion?" He inquired as he spun the Poké Ball on his finger.

"You betcha that is what I want. Do your worst, Falkner. I won't be holding back." Daphne promised as she sends out her first Pokémon unto the field. She had chosen for Sentret and Daphne could see the awe in her sister's eyes as she spotted the golden Sentret. Falkner didn't seem phased by it at all and just send out his Pidgey.

"This is the fight between Daphne Elderwood from Violet City against the Gym leader, Falkner of the Violet City gym. The first match is Sentret against Pidgey. Begin!" The referee signaled for the match to start and Daphne wasted no time to begin.

"Start with Defense Curl and then use Foresight, Sentret." She commanded at the same time that Falkner ordered his Pidgey to use a Tackle.

Sentret quickly curled in the smallest little ball that it possibly could and rolled out of the way from the incoming Pidgey. Then as she uncurled, Sentret stood on her tail and used foresight to take aim at the Pidgey that had circled back in the air and was now back for another tackle.

"Evade and Scratch, aim for the right wing!" Daphne shouted. Sentret let out a loud TRET, and use her tail to move slightly of to the side to barely miss the tackle. As the bird flew by, Sentret was ready. A blinding paw came down on the bird and it fell down to the floor of the gym. Sentret didn't let up even as Falkner called out for a Sand Attack to try and win some time and the Pidgey hit Sentret right in the eyes.

"That won't work, Falkner. Sentret has Keen Eye. Now finish it with a Scratch!" Daphne called out, and Sentret immediately followed up delivering a harsh scratch on the Pidgey.

"Pidgey is unable to continue to fight. The round goes to Sentret." The referee called the match and Falkner recalled his Pokémon with a small sign. Of course.

"Alright then, time for the big work, Daphne. Call that little fox of yours out to fight." He shouted as he released his Pidgeot.

"Titania isn't exactly small anymore, Falk." Daphne gave him a grin, before she recalled Sentret and then grabbed the Moon Ball that held her prized Pokémon. "Let's go, Titania, show him how much we have grown."

The majestic ice fox was released from her ball and shook out her tails to intimidate her opponent. The ice particles were falling everywhere as she spread the tails with a loud snarl. The challenge was set.

"This round will be Pidgeot against Ninetales. Begin." The referee shouted as he flagged. This time Daphne didn't try to grab the first move and instead, they waited for Falkner to begin.

"Agility, then Twister, go Pidgeot," Falkner shouted to start of the match. Daphne spotted the telltale relaxation of muscles in the Pidgeots wings before it suddenly started to move faster. It came at an angle, wing almost touching the ground as it started to fly in circles around Titania. The winds started whipping around and soon there was a purple twister around Titania. Daphne just laughed as Titania walked out of the Twsiter completely unharmed and ready to do as Daphne asked.

"Freeze-Dry, my darling. Show him how to really attack," she ordered. Falkner cursed under his breath. He had forgotten that it evolved in a Fairy-type Pokémon.

"Quick Attack to dodge, don't let it connect even a second!" He shouted. "If you see an opening, take it!"

The two Pokémon continued to trade attacks, each of them missing the other by just a hair. Laurel whistled as she saw the ice build up on the floor, seeing what her sister was going for. What was just a small patch of ice became small pillars that made it harder for the Pidgeot to move over the field.

"You always had a hand of making the field your playground." Falknet noticed when Titania used the pillars to gain speed and attack from different angles. "Pidgeot, use Wing Attack. Get that fox of her pillars!"

Pidgeot let out a screech of frustration and charged up his wings to attack the Ninetales.

"Hail, then move behind the pillars," Daphne commanded. Titania didn't waste a second before the air in the gym began to darken and hail was falling around the two Pokémon. It was harsh weather and the Pidgeot was struggling to stay in the air. Titania just started a game of hide and seek, always appearing just there where the bird didn't expect her to be.

It was over soon enough and the hail stopped. A panting Pidgeot was hanging in the air barely hanging on. Titania was standing on the highest pillar, a few scratches were visible on the light blue coat, but she was in a considerably better condition. Both trainers knew the match was over and gave one last command.

"Pidgeot, use Hurricane."

"Titania, use Dazzling Gleam."

The two attacks collided with considerable force, enough to make Daphne's braid whip along her back.

The end result was that Daphne obtained the Zephyr Badge from Falkner.

13. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Tamariel applauded his traveling companions and congratulated Taidana and Daphne on their badges, now he just hoped he could do the same and now it was finally his turn. Walking down to the field he gave Falkner a nod before taking his place on the field.

“I’d like to have the same rules applied to my battle as my two companions as I also carry a stronger pokémon while still having some inexperienced ones.” Tamariel pulled out one of the safari balls, he knew exactly which pokémon to start with.

“Alright, let’s begin then.” Before Falkner had finished they both send out their first pokémon.

“The battle between Tamariel Reimer of Goldenrod City and gym leader Falkner of Violet city is about to commence. First battle is between Shinx and Doduo. Begin!” The referee gave the signal for the battle to start.

“Use Spark, Shinx!” Tamariel ordered and the small pokémon surrounded itself with electricity as it charged toward the Doduo.

“Avoid by jumping and then use Fury Attack, Doduo!” The two-headed bird jumped high into the air, Tamariel was impressed with how high it got. Shinx stopped its charge in confusion looking up on the flying-type that quickly came closer.

“Don’t just stand there, get out of the way!” Shinx snapped back to the battle but too late, the Doduo came crashing down in top of him while unleashing a series of pecks.

“Use Spark again!” He hoped Shinx would land a hit with the opposing pokémon being this close but Falkner was already making his next move, “Back off then use Uproar.” The Doduo jumped back before it started making the most awful sounds Tamariel had ever heard making the air around the bird pokémon ripple stopping Shinx in his charge once again.

Mayne it had been a bad idea to choose a freshly caught pokémon he’d barely had the time to use Tamariel was starting to think since it seemed like Shinx was barely keeping up with the Doduo.

“Use Growl then Tackle!” Shinx started growling loudly at the bird which seemed to unnerve it, lowering its attack power before the electric-type started running full speed towards it.

“Quick Attack now!” Falkner commanded, with a burst of speed leaving the Doduo nothing more than a blur as it raced across the battlefield.

Tamariel saw his chance now, “Use Spark again, put everything you got into it!” Shinx surrounded itself with electricity as it changed from Tackle to Spark now showing down its advance.

The two pokémon collided whipping up a dust cloud and when the dust had settled they saw both pokémon down, it was a draw.

“Both pokémon are unable to battle is a draw!” The referee declared.

“Well, I guess that’s to be expected when I use a pokémon I just caught. Shinx Return, take a good rest while Mortis and I will wrap this up.” Tamariel recalled Shinx and grabbed the houndoom’s ball.

“You sound very confident considering your Shinx could barely keep up with my Doduo.” Falkner sent out his next pokémon, a Fearow this time, and it looked like it was eager for a fight. “Let’s see how your more experience pokémon fare then."

“That Shinx was also caught just outside the city so all things considered I think it did pretty well for someone with little experience in battling, now Mortis is your turn!” The Houndoom manifested on the field, the appearance of the canine pokémon seemed to make Fearow slightly nervous as the ability Unnerve took effect.

“Okay Fearow, let’s open up with Drill Run!” The Fearow start rotating its body as it approached Mortis.

“Intercept it with Thunder Fang and ground that bird!” Mortis cloaked his fangs in electric energy as he jumped toward the incoming Fearow not deterred by the super effective move coming his way.

Mortis edged off to the side to avoid the incoming attack before sinking his fangs into the Fearow’s wing forcing it down before turning around dragging the surprised pokémon with him before tossing it off to the side with a snarl.

Another Thunder Fang like that could end the fight so Falkner decided to try keep its distance since that move had been brutal, “Use Razor Wind, Fearow and keep your distance.” Wind started gathering around the Fearow as it got up looking slightly wobbly after its encounter with the ground.

“Flamethrower, keep up the pressure!” Mortis shot a stream of fire from his mouth forcing Falkner to take evasive actions. The bird unleashed its build up energy sending waves of winds at the canine.

“Dodge it!” Mortis jumped out of the way but the attack still grazed him making him snarled in annoyance.

“Now Air Cutter!” The gym leader ordered his pokémon.

“Sucker Punch, Mortis then used Howl!” Mortis raced toward to bird head-butting it in the stomach before it could even reach. Mortis let out an eerie howl, surrounding by a brief red glow his attack power rose.

Attack got exchanged until the Fearow was finally unable to keep up with the aggressive Houndoom when one of its Flamethrowers connect ending the battle earning Tamariel the Zephyr badge.

14. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Daphne congratulated her travel partners on their wins and then turned to the group as a whole.

"I am going to spend the rest of today and probably tomorrow with my family. Laurel is very eager to show me some stuff that has happened int he past few weeks, so I guess I will see you at dinner?" She suggested.

"In case you want to train around here, the Bellsprout Tower monks are always up for some training. I don't suggest hanging around while it is night though, there are ghost types that hang around the tower and they are known to get up to nothing good."

15. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    “I think I’ll spend the time trying to get to know my newest team member before I even start training. Last time I tried that without getting to know the pokémon I ended up looking like a drowned Rattata.” Tamariel was not in the mood to be the laughing stock of the whole pokémon center again.

“I’d also have to make some new food for this one too, so I think I’ll do that too before even thinking about training.” But first he’d need to have the Shinx checked by Nurse Joy since he’d gotten knocked out along with Falkner’s Doduo.

“I’ll see you y’all at dinner too, unless you’re eager to camp the pokémon center’s kitchen.” With that Tamariel was off towards the center.

16. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    It was a few days later that the group found themselves at the Pokémon Center near the Union Cave, the road to Goldenrod had been blocked for some dumbass reason and the group had to go south instead. It was cool day, with a slight breeze and Daphne was jumping around in excitement. She had caught a new Pokémon, a Buizel that she had called Alloy, and she had finally named her Sentret. The normal-type Pokémon was fascinated by a pink ribbon that Daphne had stuffed in her bag for some reason. The sentret had been named Cerise and was now proudly walking around wearing the ribbon around her tail.

"So, do we want to try going into the Union Cave, or are we going to stay at the Pokémon Center?" She asked as they stood outside of the doors leading into the lobby. It was in the early afternoon, but Daphne wasn't all that keen on going into the cave when she could spend a night in the Pokémon center to charge up and then go into it early in the morning. Why waste all that perfectly good warm afternoon sun, when you could waste mornings?

She fussed around with the egg in her arms, wondering when it would finally start to hatch.

17. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    "Hm, I don't mind either way. To my knowledge Union Cave has nothing of worth." Taidana mumbled, leaning against the wall beside the Center's entrance. In front of him stood Tensu, fully healed from his battle and back to his usual antics. Today's activity was attempting to balance a small stone on his head, and from the sparks of frustration it didn't look like it was going that well. "Tch, look at him. Wouldn't have thought he'd been in a battle not that long ago." Taidana grumbled to himself, despite his vocal annoyance he carried a small smile on his face.

"What about you lot? What do you prefer?" He redirected the previous question back to the rest of the group.

18. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    “I suggest we get some lunch and at the very least relax at the center, we can decide what to do while eating.” Tamariel was keeping a close eye on his totodile that still liked running around all over the place. The shinx he’d caught had to his surprised caused far less trouble and was not as fuzzy as Bruce were which he couldn’t complain about.

“Besides I’m already hungry so I could fix us something quick if you want, I don’t really mind if we stay here or not.” His stomach very loudly rumbling almost like it was agreeing with him.

19. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "He is a sturdy little fellow, aren't you?" Daphne had crouched down next to the little Pichu and poked his back softly so that he would straighten out his back. That often made it easier to balance things on your head, she knew from experience. Her Buizel, Alloy, was quietly encouraging the Pichu.

"I could do with some good food. As much as I like to eat stew and easy meals, I could really do something more substantial to eat." Daphne admitted. "Let's go and eat and then we decide on whether we want to go cave diving or spend the night here."

She got up from her crouched position and lead the way into the Pokémon Center, Titania and Alloy were following her on the heels.

20. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    "Tensu, come." Taidana commanded as he turned to follow Daphne, the Pichu who was savouring his new found balance only to drop it as he heard his trainers voice. The Pokémon ran over to Taidana, leaping into his arms, causing Taidana to hold onto him to stop the mouse from falling.

"You know, it'd be better if he learned to balance the rock on his own. He'd only come out stronger for it." Taidana murmured to Daphne, his gaze locked onto the clueless Pokémon in his arms.