1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 The Quest - Eclipse and Marine

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Morgaine, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Name: Lady Sariah of the Noble house of Lockwood, first daughter of Viscount Lockwood.

Description: Sariah is slightly taller than the average woman and is more muscular in the upper body due to her training as a swordswoman. She favors medium armor leather armor with a metal chest plate and a few other strategically placed armor pieces over the heavy armor that her fellow knights' favor. The Crest of her house is carefully engraved into the chest piece, the Crest looking like a fox with one paw resting on the hilt of a sword. She usually binds her long, brown hair back with a piece of black leather to make sure it stays out of her eyes as she fights.

Personality: Sariah is eager to please and a bit naïve due to her upbringing. As the daughter of a lower noble house, she was brought up as any other noblewoman but enraptured as she was by the tales of heroic knights, she begged her father for weapons training. She grew a stubborn streak while she was training to be a knight. She tends to think the best of everyone she meets because she had a fairly sheltered upbringing. In the ranks of the knights, her talent was more valued than she is not the preferred gender. She recently had a scare during a practice skirmish when a fellow trainee was unable to pull their sword back. That is when she unlocked her magic, blasting away the trainee. She was quickly calmed and given instruction about her new powers. All she found out so far is that she enjoys the more destructive spells more than the healing ones.

She uses a normal sword and shield custom made for her size. Her preferred magic is fire based and she does horribly with Water/Ice Magic.

The sounds echoed against the mountainside. The steady rhythm of a walking horse was all that she had heard for hours. The way too steep to go at a faster pace. The path to narrow to risk trying.

The lone rider and her horse slowly made their way up to the last plateau of the mountain. After that, the rider would have to go on foot to reach her destination. A small sound made its way through the lips of the rider, as she finally dismounted the horse and gave it an appreciative pat on the neck. It had been steadfast ever since her quest begun, never tiring or trying to buck her off. Now she had to go alone though. The last part of the mountain has no paths suitable for a mount. Only those on foot, or with wings, could boast that they visited this area. Some of those on foot could no longer boast about it.

A dragon was said to live here. A ferocious one that killed on sight. At least, that is what the villagers at the foot of the mountain told her when she had stopped for supplies.

"Lady knight, you mustn't venture there. The dragon shall not be merciful to you."

She shook her head. She had to go and visit the dragon. It had what she needed and she would get her hands on it or die trying.

The climb was long and arduous. More than once the knight had to flatten herself against the wall to avoid the strong winds blasting her away. She had noticed that the winds had been stronger in this area, but she had not expected them to be this strong.

Finally, she reached the edge and pulled herself up. Her arms were heavy, and her legs felt like lead as she took the time to breathe and adjust to the thinner air up on the mountain. When she finally felt like she was ready, she got up and looked around to see if she could spot the entrance to the dragon's lair.

As she pulled the sword from the sheath on her back and placed her shield on her left arm, she spotted the entrance. Taking a deep breath, she inched closer to it holding her sword and shield steady, trying to not make too much noise above the howling winds. She could already feel the strands of hair that were breaking free from their confinement and she just barely refrained from letting loose a grunt of frustration.

Finally, the moment was there. The moment that she had been training for years for. That she had prepared for months for. That she had traveled weeks for. It was finally there.

"I am Lady Sariah of House Lockwood and I have come to take back the crown, dragon of the stormy skies!" She called out as she stepped into the cavern.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Name: Skyswift, the Storm Sovereign (as dragon) / undecided (as masquerade)
    Also, I like alliteration; sue me.

History: Skyswift is a dragon that, throughout its very long life, has watched civilization change around it while it stays the same, steadily grows older. It has an insatiable thirst for knowledge, though due to the human stigma against dragons, it lives far apart from human villages in a remote mountainous area, and because of that it hasn't ventured very far beyond its home. When wanting to visit the nearby village (usually the library), it adopts a human form as a masquerade.

Description: As a dragon, it's capable of changing its size, ranging anywhere from 2 to 6 metres long (from tip to tail), though it tends to prefer somewhere around 4 metres. Its body is mostly green, with flecks of brown scattered about, and it's shaped like what you'd expect a dragon to look like in body type. While masqueraded it tends to vary, though the green-brown colour scheme remains the same. It tries to keep one outfit as a regular go-to, though it can switch around if it desires.

In both forms, its voice tends to be rather smooth, and it rarely (if ever) raises its voice. It has the ability to control wind, though decades of resting and lack of use has diminished its power, so it can only control wind on a small scale at present.

Personality: It tends to have a calm disposition that borders on a level of boredom. It tends to be very patient and is never in a rush - after all, it's not dying any time soon. It loves learning things, as given how much knowledge it's acquired, anything new is a pleasant surprise. It doesn't talk much due to not being around people often. It isn't prone to getting angry and is incredibly patient.

A lot of rumours had pervaded history about dragonkind - some started, others perpetuated. Some believe that dragons had started a few of them, but regardless of who, the tales still persisted. They were incredibly powerful beasts who disregarded humankind, lived solitary lives, and would show no mercy to anything that challenged them. That's how the stories went, anyway.

One such dragon had taken a secluded mountain as its home, as far away from humankind as it could basically get - the further away it was, the less chance anybody would get curious and visit. And with all of the winds beating about the mountain, it served only to smooth it down and make the descent even harder. As a result it had grown even further removed from people - which was just as well, as visitors were not a welcome thing.

It had been responsible for many of the winds about the mountain; with a beat of its wings or even a snort, the perpetual hurricane would grow even stronger and with very little effort to keep it going. Having mastery over wind made that very easy - and convenient - to keep to itself. With all of the precautions set in place, it would never have to fear any intrusion or unpleasant diversion, and thus live out its life in peace.

Or so it thought.

Was that a voice? Was that a human's voice? It missed the name (probably due to all of the loud and blustering winds), but it definitely heard the phrase "I have come to take back the crown". Oh dear.

"...And I had just gotten to the good part," it murmured to itself. It was leaning back in a chair, looking idly about the walls of its cave home, and immersed fully in one of the many books in its possession. It took a small slip of paper nearby, placed it neatly in between the pages currently open, and then shut the book just as neatly. No sense in tearing the pages, after all. Books can last a long time if cared to well enough. So it got up and sauntered over to a point further up in the cave. After all, humans have a tendency to be..persistent, and if not shut up, they'd never leave.

About 20 metres from the entrance. That would be sufficient. It would stand there, and wait for whoever it was to show up. So it flew up, picked a vantage point on a sizable ledge, and waited.

3. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Sariah heard the dragon moving through its cavern, and she swallowed nervously. She saw the dragon appear from the depths of its lair and she shifted her shield a bit for better coverage. Of course, it wouldn't really help if the dragon decided to breathe fire, so she also tried to find a thing to shelter behind if she needed to. She couldn't spot much else than a few boulders that looked good if she curled up behind them.

Deciding that there was nothing else she could do to prepare for her encounter, She stepped into the middle of the cave. Spotting movement above her head, she looked up to see the dragon perching majestically on one of the ledges in the cave. She had to blink twice.

"You are the storm dragon? I had expected you to be bigger, and less green, more you know darker scaled." Sariah stated as she lowered her weapon to look at the dragon with a critical eye. This didn't look like one of the dragons she was supposed to find. Ah, bugger.

"Guess, I need to go back to the drawing board." Sariah sighed heavily before she sheathed her sword behind her back again. She didn't remove her shield though. She knew better than to assume that this creature wouldn't attack.

"Well, unless one of those darn dragons brought the crown of Albion's king here by chance? It kinda got stolen at the coronation ceremony." The knight scratched the back of her neck as she talked a bit sheepishly.

4. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Skyswift saw the young girl step into the small clearing near the entrance. It would now have a chance to analyse the owner of the voice. A few things were similar to what it had thought to see, but still others were not quite so expected. She looked...deflated. She came in with a lot of bluster, and after being disappointed (for lack of a better word), she just...stopped.

"You're one of those...what's the word... 'knights'?" it asked, in a voice that could have passed for running water. "I expected you to be older, and a little taller as well. The armour makes sense, at least."

It expected her to make some sort of forward move. Humans didn't exactly like dragons, due to all of the scary folklore and rumour that flew about. No, she didn't draw her weapon; she just put it away, disappointed. She kept her guard up, though. Points for not being naïve.

"The name 'Albion' doesn't sound familiar. What rumours have people been spreading about me now?" Skyswift did not move, and kept its gaze very calmly fixed on her, letting her know that it wanted answers to its questions but would tolerate no funny business. Can't forget who the more powerful being is here, after all.

5. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "Um, yeah, I am one of the knights of Albion. Granted I just recently got knighted and all that." Sariah replied to the dragon outwardly very calm, but inwardly she was freaking out a bit. Was she truly having a conversation with a dragon? It did have a very pleasant voice. Shaking her head, Sariah thought a bit before she started talking.

"I am from the kingdom of Albion, established around 200 years ago, if I remember my history lessons correctly. The 8th king would have been crowned a few weeks ago, if not for a trio of dragons, gray and black like stormy skies, almost taller than the walls came to wreck havoc on the ceremony. Many people died in the wake of the storm they left." Sariah explained a bit of what had happened, thinking that the dragon might not have known about the very recent tidings.

She clenched her fists tightly as she thought back at the ceremony. Blood, so much blood. And screams. Some of them still ringing in her ears.

"They called out just before they left. The storm sovereign would return to take the kingdom back from the heretics that currently rule it. I followed the rumors about a dragon that was called that and ended up here. But like I said, you don't exactly look like the dragons that killed so many of my fellows." The young knight sighed, and rubbed her brow. A headache was threatening to appear and she wasn't all that happy about her situation.

6. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    The dragon listened calmly to the story, hanging on each word. It wouldn't do to interrupt the story before it was done. That would just create confusion and more questions that didn't really need asking. And so, it processed the information. All of it was entirely new...and a little surprising. And somewhat offensive - though only because the phrase 'storm sovereign' was used.

"The kingdom of Albion had a coronation ceremony a few weeks ago..." it hummed, before it started rambling a bit, craning its neck around as it did so. "Oh yes. I remember hearing that. I think I was looking for a book, but when I showed up everything was very noisy, so I left and came back the next week. It was the last one in stock too, so I got lucky. And so many elaborate diagrams! Worth every last silver piece...

"Oh, sorry! Right. I got side-tracked." Skyswift snapped back to attention.

"Well, if you're looking for the 'storm sovereign', look no further. That's what I used to be called long ago..." And then the rambling again. "...back when I flew freely over the skies, every beat of my wings flattening the ground, even a mere sneeze being enough to knock down a tree. I felt so alive back then. But then I started getting so many complaints from the people. Carts being destroyed, windows broken, wood splintered, crops ruined - one of them blamed on me a receding hairline. They were all so very noisy... every time I told one of them to go away, three more would come back later. It was like listening to..."

"Oh. Sorry again." It then straightened itself, not given to more rambling this time. "I do find humans bothersome creatures but they're also rather enlightening and somewhat intelligent. I have learned that humans can be very defensive of themselves and what they own. While I used to fly about the skies as I pleased...nowadays all I do is read and write books. It's peaceful, it's enriching, and most importantly nobody bothers me. And that's worked for hundreds of years...until you showed up. Someone out there is setting me up to take the fall for your crown theft. I suppose someone out there sees me as a threat? I can't see why; I just stay in my cave and read books all day. Maybe a grudge? That's possible..."

"But I'm sorry...um..." (Name, what's her name...) "Lady Sariah of House Lockwood. I don't have any crowns. You will have to look elsewhere."

7. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "I thank you for at least giving us the courtesy of not being dumb sheep. My father would have been highly offended by what he considers to be an overgrown lizard with wings. But to come back to the real purpose of why I am here, I feared the moment I saw you that my leads had been faulty, Storm Sovereign," Sariah responded calmly. She had taken a position on the floor while the dragon had been rambling rather fondly about the past and so she got up and dusted off her armor. Could the dragon maybe have cleaned the cave out a bit? It was rather dusty in here.

"After all, you aren't all that impressive against the might that the other dragons showed at the palace. One beat of their wings managed to throw an entire line of soldiers backward against the castle walls." She sighed. Whelp, this had been a rather big waste of time.

"Do you have any clues as to whom would use your title to frame you? Or any leads at all?" She asked of the dragon. Sariah had spent days trying to find leads to the supposed Storm Sovereign and this one had been the only one that had paid off enough for her to be comfortable climbing a freaking mountain for it.

8. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    "Overgrown lizard with wings, eh...?" Skyswift snorted, a rapid puff of breath expelled from its nostrils, letting the dust fly and spawning a nice column of air, enough to either knock the human back or at least lose her footing. "It's been centuries and the insults still haven't changed. How droll."

"Any clues or leads, you ask...I have none, but that may change. You said the dragon was grey and black. Going off that description, it is probably aligned with either thunder or clouds. So if I am to take that as given..." More hmming, trying to have the thoughts rattle about in its head. It wasn't exactly one to jump to conclusions, and some humans probably found that impatient. Maybe it was this 'death' thing they kept worrying about.

And then Skyswift did something very strange. It chuckled. It was a very soft noise, like a bunch of blips clicking through the silent air, just as soft as the rest of its voice. "Oh, my my, you certainly do know how to hold a grudge, do you not?" it said to nobody in particular. Then it looked back to Sariah.

"I must apologise. If your story is correct, and if my theory is correct, it means that someone was using you to get to me. So it would appear that an old ghost of mine has come back to rear its unsightly head." Its eyes widened and focused on Sariah intently. "Please, do go on. What other details are there to this story? Where did the dragon come from? Where did it leave to? You must spare me nothing. I believe this was a ruse to draw me out of hiding. And if I want to continue my life in peace...well, I will have to deal with this."

9. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Sariah grumbled as she picked herself off the floor, again. She wasn't all that fond of ending with her back on the floor. Her armor might be a tad lighter to accommodate her smaller stature, but that didn't mean it wasn't heavy armor. She dusted herself off once again crossed her arms, while she shot a baleful look at the dragon.

"I said that the three dragons were gray and black. It wasn't just one of them. Otherwise, we might have stood a chance against it. Notice the might because each of them were nasty little buggers to begin with." Sariah tilted her head to the left as she spoke, trying to recall the day of the ceremony.

"They came from the east. We didn't see them until one of them was already perched on the ramparts. That one had a weird sort of breath attack, not the normal fire one that we are used to hearing stories of in the tales of olden times. What more... No speech, other than the thing about the Storm Sovereign. Each of them flew off in different directions, instead of using each other for cover. But I think I saw one veer off to the south, joining one of the other dragons. That is why I couldn't be sure as to where they would have been going, or what their true destination was." The knight sighed loudly as she uncrossed her arms and let them fall into a more natural position.

"They seemed to be more interested in causing general chaos than to actually attack the castle, but there were enough... casualties to make certain that we would want to get revenge. To have someone pay for the carnage."

10. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Skyswift noticed the glare that Sariah cast at it. It had expected a reaction like that, but it didn't stare back or just respond with something else. It just sat there and continued to listen. And it probably wasn't paying close enough attention, because it only remembered one dragon that bore a grudge.

"...Wait, three? Oh dear... It's made friends, hasn't it? But to hate me that much..." Its expression changed to one of distress, the first time it had done so during the exchange. "Hm. Dragon bears a grudge, wants to smoke me out of hiding, and knows the general area of where I might be. Dragon finds allies who will be complicit, causes a bit of mayhem, drops my title, and then its group splits up and leaves. Therefore the person in charge will be rallied enough to want me dead, so it will raise up whatever powers it can to hunt me out and take revenge. It all comes together.

"That would mean..." Skyswift said with a pause, "that you're the scout. Well, congratulations. You stand before Skyswift, the Storm Sovereign. Bringer of the winds, herald of the twister, whose wingbeats distress the air...something...something. I must have forgotten the rest at some point. I have a reputation to uphold and a name to clear, and you have a crown to find and an enemy to seek.

"What would you, Lady Sariah of House Lockwood, say to an exchange?"

11. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "Well, first and foremost you ahve too many dang titles. So, I will do us both a favor and just call you Lord Skyswift. Thy will save a lot of time im the long lomg run." Sariak stated before she made a sweeping bow. "In exchange you may call me Lady Sariah, or just Saria, as you please."

She drew herself up to her tallest height and looked at the dragon with calculating eyes.

"They always said to not make deals with dragons, but I have a feeling that I can trust you somehow. That said, I do want to know what this exchange of yours will mean, before I agree to any of it. My teachers would murder me twice if I were to make a decision like that just on a whim." The young knight stated as she ran a hand through the locks that had escaped her ponytail.

12. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    "Oh, I thought that 'Lady Sariah of House Lockwood' was your entire name," Skyswift responded, perplexed. "I didn't know you humans were in the habit of shortening your names. But that is fair. Sariah it shall be."

It noticed that Sariah wasn't adverse to the idea of the exchange. Good, now we were getting somewhere. "I have to look out for my self-interest as well, you know. I'm not out to make any deal that would result in my entrapment later. So, here are my terms.

"I know very little of the world outside my door, and I only know of the one nearby town which I sometimes frequent to purchase books. This quest will most likely involve travel to a lot of various places that I have never been to, but that I will need to locate.
    I request that you travel with me as my guide and source of information about the open world, informing me of the towns and cities, the cultures, and any other information that I would need to know if I were in your position - and that you continue to do so until I have hunted down our common aggressor and I have cleared my name.
    In return, I will journey with you and assist you in locating - and later returning - your kingdom's stolen crown, and serve as your bodyguard so that you come to minimal harm. After all, you are attempting to challenge dragons here. You would be a fool to take them on alone.

"Should you accept the terms, I have two stipulations. First, allow me thirty minutes to pack my things, close my cave, and depart with you. Second, allow me to deliver a letter to your monarch apologising for the devastation that was disgracefully committed in my name. I believe the terms are fair and equitable...and I don't know when or if I'll return here, so this may mean an end to my otherwise quiet life.

"Please, take some time to think it over. I will sit here waiting until you make your decision. If you refuse, I will not pursue you, and make it such that your descent down my mountain will be safe."

And thus Skyswift waited. Waiting was what it knew best, after all - dragons can live a very long time with very little happening in the broad scope. Of course, it knew that Sariah would probably reach a decision before one minute was up, but would she be fine with waiting for thirty minutes? Then again, to pack up one's entire set of belongings in thirty minutes would be rather impressive, so she couldn't complain about that...right?

13. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "Those terms would be agreeable, Lord Skyswift. For the moment." Sariah inclined her head slightly after mulling it over in her head for a few minutes.

"First thing to note is that my name is Sariah. I am of the family that calls themselves Lockwood as a collective. My family has been ennobled by the second king of Albion, so I carry the title of Lady Sariah, or Lady Lockwood, depending on who you ask, seeing as my mother passed away a few years ago." Sariah quickly explained the whole deal with her name to the dragon. Human culture was confusing to even humans are the best times after all.

"I will wait for you here to pack up your lair." She stated, knowing that if she had been fighting she wouldn't be even close to done right now and seeing as it had been a false lead, it would have mean tmoee wasted time than she would have to spend waiting on the dragon right now.

14. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    "For the moment..." It let out a low growl, as if disapproving, but then recognised that circumstances can always change, and so it relented. "Very well. And I suppose I am no stranger to honourifics myself." It allowed itself a chuckle. "Please wait here."

With that, it smoothly swam through the air back into the cave recesses, to gaze upon its home for what might be the last time in a very long time. At least the locks and seals it would place on its home would be unbreakable, in case someone attempted to break in. But that wasn't going to happen. One does not live for centuries without knowing exactly how to deter thieves.

There were so many books, which ones were the most important to bring or memorise? But its shelves were well sorted, and it had a photographic memory, so that would be no trouble. The biggest snag would be the outfit. Yes it had done this before, but only short-term, and it felt restrictive and unfamiliar. It might have to get used to travelling more, probably for good. But that's what the rest of the time was for.

After the allotted time had passed, something emerged from the cave below, but it wasn't a dragon, or at least didn't look like one. Actually, it looked like a person, and not much different in age from Sariah. The person was wearing clothes in shades of dull green and brown, and worn to cover every inch of its body that wasn't its face - shirt, vest, jacket, cap, sleeves, gloves, belt, trousers, boots, the whole deal.

The hair was done back in a ponytail, and the face was smooth and youthful enough to look like someone who could pass for a boy or a girl with little difficulty in either. A makeshift backpack was slung over one shoulder, and it looked bulky and weathered enough to last a long time (if it hadn't already). Strapped to a holster on its hip was what looked like a well-serviced crossbow.

The person walked to within five metres of Sariah, stopped, and then said one sentence. The voice was soft, breezy, and quiet, just like Skyswift's voice.
    "How do I look?"

(OOC: I had a picture I had in mind for this; if you'd like it I can send it to you.)

15. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    “You are aware that it is mid spring and that the temperatures are going to be much higher when we go down the mountain?” Sariah asked as she took in the outfit that Skyswift had donned. It looked fine, she supposed, maybe a bit more than the normal humans tended to wear, but she would be able to explain that easily to the commoners. Mentally, she still had to process the fact that she was talking to Skyswift in a human form. The dragon certainly disliked to show of skin, didn’t it?

And then it all clicked in her head. Her eyes widened dramatically and she pointed at Skyswift with a trembling arm.

“How are you human?!” She almost yelled. Magic, it had to be magic. There was no other explanation possible. Oh, blessed Albion, how many more dragons had this ability?

She started breathing faster as her mind started whirling and she didn’t notice that a small ball of fire was gathering at the point of the finger that she was pointing at Skyswift.

She had heard of shapeshifter mages. Powerful humans that could take the shape of an animal, but never had she heard of the opposite. She had expected another explanation as to how the dragon had been able tp buy books from the village, not a true transformation.

16. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    "Temperature is not really a bother for me," it answered rather calmly. "Scales regulate internal heat decently well - and besides, I'm no stranger to heat. Live in this cave during summer and you'll see what I mean."

The explanation seemed to satisfy her, but Skyswift hadn't expected the next reaction of total surprise - leveling a fireball to attack? That was odd. Humans were able to use magic? How the times had changed. (I thought magic was a lost art?) Skyswift thought. But the first thing would be to calm Sariah down - there would be no sense in starting a fight now, after all.

"I don't know if any other dragons can do this. Most of them don't really care, so probably not very many, if any at all. For my abilities like these, I was self-taught. I remember asking a favour of one human to bring me a book and I would learn the rest from there. It was a lot of trial and error, and even so this isn't a total transmogrification - I still have my scales underneath this clothing...and could you please put your hand down? You're scaring me."

17. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "My hand down?" Sariah asked. She frowned before looking at her hand. She let out a loud sigh before she swung her arm to the side and launching the small fireball at the walls of the cave.

"Sorry about that. I am not used to performing magic just yet and sometimes it just happens." She looked to the side, a small blush dusting her face. Gods, how could she be so stupid to forget to keep a lid on her magic. She knew better than to just let it flow.

"I only recently unlocked my magic, so I am still learning to control it. I didn't mean to attack you or anything, Lord Skyswift." She apologized before she turned around and faced the mouth of the cave. "I think it is time to go. My horse should still be where I left it. We should be able to get you a horse in the nearest village. Until then, we will have to walk."

18. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    "I...I see," Skyswift nodded. "Just don't launch any stray fire at me and I'll be fine. I'm ready to walk back down whenever you are." It hopped up the stairway of rocks with a few precise but deliberate bounds, as if it had walked the path in and out of this cave many times before.

"The sun is bright today. That means the weather is good for travelling. By the way...what's a horse? Is that the four-legged hooved creature that knights in armour are wont to ride into battle on? How would it get up there? The slops are too stark and rough to traverse to here on anything but foot...unless you left it at the base of the mountain?"

So many questions poured out of its mouth with nary a stop in sight. Skyswift was having to re-learn the entire world all over again for the sake of a single adventure - and with it came a whole new wealth of knowledge to absorb.

19. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "I am guessing you haven't taken the path that they build in the last twenty years or so then? My horse is about halfway down. They were trying to find a way through the mountains to get to the port on the other side quicker and get trading routes through the village, but they had to stop the work because of the harsh winds." Sariah explained as she hopped on the stairs. The sun that shone brightly made her feel as if she could take on the world. The cave had been a bit colder than she had expected and the warm rays were chasing away the slight chill that had tried to nestle itself into her body.

"And yes, a horse is a four-legged creature with hooves that we knights seem to prefer to ride on. They are a lot faster than we humans are, so we use them as mounts to travel long distances. Although, some of the nobles seem to think that walking is a peasants' activity so they take the horse everywhere. Or let themselves be transported in a carriage to avoid being sore when they arrive at their destination." Sariah was holding up a steady stream of commentary as she descended carefully. The last thing she needed was to break a leg or arm while trying to get off this mountain. Going down was a bit easier than going up though, although not by much.

"We should be almost at the plateau where I had to leave my horse behind if I am correct. Please don't try and spook him. Blight was a gift from my elder brother's stables, one of the best he had breed in a few years."

20. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    "They're building a path? Across my mountain?" There was a rather quiet grumbling noise coming from its throat. "The reason for the winds is so nobody will come up here; why are humans so obstinate?"

Skyswift was already learning so much from this girl - though that was to be expected; it was now entering a world in which it knew next to nothing. Going in disguise to buy books was one thing, but going to avenge one's name and reclaim the crown jewels was quite another matter altogether - and a lot less tranquil. Still, it was technically at fault for letting someone else use its name, hence why it had brought a letter of apology to present whenever the chance was there.

"I'll try not to spook your horse - I'm not going to intentionally do anything to frighten it...but why is your horse named Blight? Isn't that a bad thing? Ah, and one more thing before I go..."

It turned around, gazed up at the cave up top from where they'd just emerged, and flicked its wrist in that direction. A rather large boulder positioned above the mouth of the cave began to stagger, and after some wobbly movement, it slid down a groove and fell cleanly in front of the mount of the cave with a loud noise, closing it off completely.

"There. Now I know nobody will get in. I don't think anyone will be able to disarm all of the enchanted locks, but still, the best defense is to make sure nobody looks."

After descending the slope a bit more - which it seemed to do with a series of jumps rather than outright climbing - a thought occurred to it. "I just realised... I'm going to need a pseudonym. If people start hearing that Skyswift is walking around as a...human...it might make a lot of people on edge, and it'll make it easier for my enemies to find me. So I need a name...something innocuous, something unsuspecting, yet something I could get used to..." It thought while walking, so as not to slow the pace of the journey. "This is tricky. Do humans have the same problem when choosing names for themselves?"

"Well, I have control over the element of wind... How about 'Wynn'? That's really plain, isn't it? Is that name okay? Do you think it will work?" It had an oddly pleading yet sincere look in its eyes, as if hoping the name had struck some sort of approval - after all, it was going into the human world effectively blind, and Sariah was its only source of feedback right now. It was the first name that came to mind, so hopefully she would like it?