1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal The Randomizing: Jukebox's Sapphire Nuzlocke

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by OzoneFruit, Oct 25, 2017.

1. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Welp, I finally got a randomizer on my computer, and it's time to dive in! Welcome, to Jukebox's Randomized Sapphire Nuzlocke! My rules of this playthrough are pretty straightforward:

1. If it faints, it's boxed, and I can't use it anymore.
    2. I can't have two Pokémon of the same primary typing. For example, I can't have a Grimer and Zubat (Poison and Poison Flying), but I CAN have a Grimer and Tentacool (Poison and Water Poison)
    3. I can only catch the first Pokémon I see on a route. If I faint it, whoopsies, can't get another. However, if the Pokémon encountered is an evo/pre-evo of one I already have, I can keep looking.
    That's pretty much it in terms of rules. Except there's a twist. I have completely randomized the encounters and Trainer Pokémon throughout the entire game. That means I can catch a Wailord in the desert, I can fish up a Slugma, and my Rival could start off with a Mewtwo and very much wreck me right off the bat. May the RNG be with me. So, let's get this show on the road!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Good luck buddy. You're gonna need it. X'D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    The story begins...

Professor Birch fades in from the dark, with the classic intro and trumpets of Hoenn playing in the background.

"Hi! Sorry to keep you waiting!"

"No problem," my character says. "I'm excited to get started."

"This," Birch continues as he pulls out a Pokéball. "Is what we call a Pokémon."

"Oooh, what's inside?" I think. "Probably something like a Linoone, even with Rnadomizer it shouldn't be so --"

Out pops a Kyogre. *Spits Drink* BIRCH HOW DID YOU GET--

"So, are you a boy, or a girl?"

"I'm a guy, and my name is O.Z." I say flatly, still wrapping my head around the fact that the first I've been shown is the box art mascot...

"Ah, I see! You're O.Z., the kid who's moving into Littleroot! Your very own Pokémon adventure is about to unfold!"

Pew pew pew~ goes the sounds as my character shrinks down into the little cute sprite in the back of a probably very unsafe moving van. Seriously, who would want to stay back there?

I'm dreading the things to come. If the first Pokémon the Professor showed me was a Kyogre, I can only imagine what my Rivals will have...

4. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Flutes and strings play in the background as I hop out of the van. Mom steps out of our new house.

"Hi O.Z.! This is our new home? It has this quaint feel, don't you think?"

"It's nice," I reply.

"Oh, go set your clock by the way honey!"

"Got it, mom." (Although I'm not really gonna need it considering the rom doesn't have an internal battery...)

A brief newsflash about my dad, and an even briefer intro to my Rival later, I hear the cry for help.

"HEEEEEEELLLLLPPP MEEEEEEEE"

Running out to Route 101, I see the Professor frantically running in circles, Poochyena hot on his trails. A minute later, he's cornered.

"You! Over there! In my bag, there's some Pokeballs!"

I rush over to the bag and the screen changes to show me my options. Let's see.... I have:

Gardevior --

Picking it.

Wait, what? You don't, even, want to, look at the other ones?

Nope, that's a solid starter, picking it.

.... Your other choice was a Dewgong, and the other was --

Gardevoir. Now.

...Okay.

I face the growling Poochyena with a smile on my face. It doesn't know what it's in for. I throw my new partner out.

"GO, GARDEVOIR!"

A flash of light, and an elegant Gardevoir comes out, her arm raised, hands glowing with psychic power. She's ready to battle, no doubt about it.

"All right, Gardevoir, use--"

Wait. This is a Level 5 Gardevoir. It only knows Confusion. Poochyena is Dark-Type.

Uh oh.

5. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    NOTE: I should say that the Randomizer also mixed up Trainer titles, leading to some hilarious/surprising encounters.

-----

One Teleport later and I'm back in Birch's lab with a sheepish look on my face. Eheheheh, might've jumped the gun there with typing. But no matter, Melody the Gardevoir is now my starter, and she's awesome.

The Professor thanks me for my help, then makes a suggestion.

"Why don't you go talk to my kid May? She's on Route 103 right now studying Pokémon!"

"Sure, sounds good," I reply, ready to get out of the lab and get my Running Shoes so I can actually go places...

"Thanks mom!" I yell, sprinting through Route 101 to get to Odale (I actually didn't run into anything somehow). A kind store clerk gives me a Potion, and then it's off to Route 103 to see my Rival...

YOU ARE CHALLENGED BY ELITE FOUR JESSICA! Wait, what?

Elite Four Jessica sent out Dewgong! A blubbery unicorn seal pops out of its Pokéball.

"ARRF, ARRF," it goes, smiling obliviously at Melody.

"So that's where the Dewgong went. Glad I chose Gardevoir instead." I think. "Confusion!" The poor seal falls over in two hits.

"Wow, O.Z! You're really strong!" May remarks, looking at me in awe. "I mean, you just started, but that Pokémon already seems to like you a lot!"

I think it's because it's fully evolved already more than anything.... >_> I think to myself. But yeah, Melody is awesome.

May/E4 Jessica and I hop over the ledges back to Littleroot, where we I get a shiny new Pokédex, and May gives me some starting Pokeballs! Finally, the adventure begins for real! Time to catch me some Pokémon!

I happily head back out to Route 101 and step into the tall grass. Whatever comes our way, Melody, we'll be ready to--

WILD LUGIA APPEARED.

6. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    WELLLLL, as it turns out, in Gen 3, the only move Lugia can actually know at Level 3 is Whirlwind. Melody got in one little Confusion before we were quite literally blown away from the battle, and the Lugia went off laughing. So that's a missed opportunity on Route 101, and a Legendary no less. :(

I headed back to Route 103 afterwards and got better luck. I ran into a cute little Swinub in the tall grass! Noob Noob is now officially the second member to join the team, and he's a friendly little fella! Only knows Tackle at the moment, but he'll grow!

Route 102 was where we met Hellsting the Weedle. Sadly, we barely even got to know him, because a renegade Remoraid flopped its way into the tall grass and ate the poor bug the second he was sent out to meet the rest of the team. HE WAS TOO YOUNG TO DIE T_T Rest in piece, Hellsting, Lvl 3 to Lvl 3.

It seems the Youngsters have somehow developed a new fashion trend and all become Cool Trainers. Is it a new style of hat? A new type of shorts that are even comfier to wear? Who knows? But they've definitely upped their game! Cool Youngster Jimmy claimed to be a beginner just like me before promtply sending out a Jirachi that actually almost ended my journey right then and there. It was only due to Melody Double Teaming her way to victory that the Jirachi eventually ran out Confusions and stopped Rest-Wish spamming that it Struggled itself to death. That was a close call.

Bug Catchers aren't any slouchers either. They must be child prodigies or something because now they're all running around with the title of Doctor. Hooray for entomology! Less hooray when they have teams of three, four, or even six, and half of them are fully evolved mons (Hitmonlee, Heracross, and Pinsir to name a few) Thank Arceus Melody is also fully evolved. I don't know where I'd be without her.

Route 104 once again gave me a scenario where I didn't have a hope of catching my encounter. I faced a Scizor, and with only two Pokeballs, opportunity ran out quick. Melody fainted it in frustration. Oh, this smug rich-looking kid challenged me to a battle. He claimed to be wealthy, but was actually a "Servant". Still that Kabutops was no easy task. Thanks again, Melody, you're the best! Onto Petalburg woods!

7. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Recap of Team: Melody the Gardevoir, Noob Noob the Swinub.
    -----

Noob Noob had just learned Powder Snow prior to entering Petalburg Forest and got a *wee* bit too excited. He accidentally fainted a Natu that was hopping on the forest floor. Oh well. Melody is a much better Psychic Type than Totem Birb anyway.

Jeez, Bug Doctors are gonna be my new nightmare. Ran into one with a Sharpedo, Pinsir, Granbull, Vigoroth, Golbat, and Hitmonchan. Talk about being outnumbered. Melody and Noob Noob are getting overleveled from all this though XD.

I ran into this nervous-looking guy who claimed to be looking for Shroomish. He looked out of place in the forest with his business suit. Perhaps he was lost? Didn't have much time to ask, because this pirate chef marched up to the poor fella and tried to strongarm him into giving up his suitcase. That's right, a Pirate Chef. My first thought was "Holy Zubats, he's like those guys on the floating restaurant from that pirate anime!" But I had to quickly push those thoughts away. The businessman was freaking out; whatever was in that suitcase must have been important. The pirate chef said "Don't mess with Team Aqua!" What the heck is Team Aqua? Pirate Chefs sounds a whole lot cooler. I'm just gonna call you that.

Anywhozzles, Chef Katelyn sent out a Silcoon, which quickly got its mind zapped by Melody. The pirate chef ran off swearing revenge, and the businessman gave me a Great Ball in appreciation. Thanks dude! But I wonder what that pirate chef was actually up to...

I walked on through the forest. Saw a lot of other cool Pokémon like Cyndaquil, Blissey, and even an Espeon, but I have my rules. Only try to catch the first. You make better bonds that way.

Oooooo, I can see the clearing to Route 105! Onwards!

8. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    I'm beginning to think this whole randomizing thing hates me. Route 105 sent another Scizor my way, and while I was much more prepared with 20 Pokeballs and that new Great Ball, it broke free from all of them. This time, it was Swinub that froze the Scizor with Powder Snow before fainting it. Sigh...

We're in Rustboro City now though, the location of our first Gym Battle! But first, onto Route 116 just northeast of this place, to see if we can find any other new team members!

-----

Melody just fainted a Mawile. I think she was still mad about that Scizor. She feels bad about it now. I told her not to worry. Also, Hiker's are now calling their Trainer Class "Man". That got a laugh from all of us. "OHOHOHOHO, I'm a manly man, the manliest man in hiking! More manlier than a viking! More manlier than anyone biking! I'm the manliest man in the whole wide land, the manliest manly hiker!"

-----

Arceus is definitely not on my side in terms of giving me Pokémon I can actually catch. After 116, we headed into Rusturf Tunnel, the last place we could check out before the Gym. It was foggier than usual, almost more like thunderclouds actually. Then there was a flash of light, a resounding "CA-CAAAAW" and Zapdos appeared before us. My Pokéball supply is once again run dry, and my money is low. Time to face the Gym Leader!

9. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    It's funny. With all the crazy partners these darn Cool Youngsters and Bug Doctors have, I was expecting Roxanne to have something like a Dragonite or even a Regirock, since Rock Types are her thing. Nope, Servant Antoinette (Maybe Roxanne's cousin?) had a Qwilfish and Lilleep. Melody took care of the puffer, while Noob Noob managed to inflict the Freeze condition AGAIN. It was a sweeping victory, HOORAY! Roxanne, I mean Antoinette, gave us the Stone Badge, and Noob Noob now knows Rock Tomb! We're doing great so far! We will have to get more team members soon though....

-----

Hey look, the Pirate Chefs are back, as well as that businessman from before! Seems the cooks actually got what they wanted this time, because the businessman asked me to get his "goods" back. He also promised another Great Ball. I need Pokeballs. Darn Scizors. Darn Zapdos. Darn all these uncatchable mons so early on my journey.

Pirate Chef Katelyn had a Bellsprout this time. Guess they didn't remember I have an overpowered Psychic as a starter. After I took the goods back to the businessman, he took me to his boss. Turns out they work for the huge Devon Corporation! The President expressed his gratitude and even gave me a Pokenav for my journey! Thanks a million! In return, I have to deliver this letter to his son. Steven, I think was his name? He's actually a pretty cool-lookin' dude, awesome suit. I wish I had that kind of wardrobe. The President suggested I hitch a ride with an older sailor gentleman called Mr. Briney, and showed me a picture of him. That got my attention. Back at Rusturf, I also managed to save this old man's Wingull; didn't realize he was the same guy! I'm sure he'll be more than happy to let me boat with him!

10. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Oh my god. How does one do this kind of thing it is beatiful XD

This is hilariously ridiculous. Zapdos?! This is just...wow. How does somebody do a "Randomizing?"

11. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Once you find a ROM of the game you wanna play (Which are hard to get from trom trustworthy sites nowadays unfortunately :( ) There's a place where you can download the randomizer software! (Link Below!) You'll have toselect which game you wanna play, then input how much randomizing you wanna do! :) After that you save a new file of the game and you're good to go!

http://pokehacks.dabomstew.com/randomizer/

12. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Ah, the beach! We are docked at the cute little town of Dewford, where I'm supposed to find Steven, and where I can also battle Brawly, 2nd Gym Leader of Hoenn! But first, time to go get a fishing rod!

I talk to a good fisherman watching the waves, and get myself an Old Rod! Now I have a ton more options to try for new team additions! Let's use it right away! I'm so excited I can barely wait as I cast the line into Dewford's harbor, happily tapping my foot in rhythm.

I must have been tapping a pretty good beat, because my bobber sinks, and what comes springing out of the water but the Jolly Pokémon, Ludicolo! Now we're talking! Say hello to Cha Cha, the newest, grooviest girl Ludicolo! Now it's time to cast into the adjacent waters of Routes 106 and 107!

On the eastern beach of 106, it seems a load of Kakunas blew in from a tropical storm, because that's all I can get right now. (I've got a lovely bunch of Kakunuts, there they are -- Okay, I'll stop). I don't really have to catch one, due to Hellsting (You will be missed T_T), so I'll probably come back here eventually. At 106, I caught Deku the Nuzleaf! He's a rather edgy fellow, always trying to be so dark and mysterious with his grass flute. I'm sure he'll grow out of it. We now have a party of four! :D Now, about that letter...

Wow, this whole Granite Cave is dark! I had trouble finding my way in around the lower floors, bumped straight into Nosepass, and Melody blasted it in self-defense. She's moping again. I tell her not to worry once more, but we need to work on her hair trigger finger. I ain't exploring this cave without a better light source! Time to beat Brawly for my rights to Flash! (No, not that kind of flash, get your minds out of the gutters! >_>)

13. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    RECAP OF TEAM:
    1. Melody the Gardevoir
    2. Noob Noob the Swinub
    3. Cha Cha the Ludicolo
    4. Deku the Nuzleaf
    -----

My journey almost ended within the dark lit maze of Brawly's Gym. These martial artists have NO chill. A Champion Black Belt walked up to me and sent out a MEWTWO before I barely had time to adjust my eyes. It's only because Melody was a higher level that we won. We didn't lose anybody, but we were darn close; everyone was in the red by the end of that. Oooh, lookit, Melody knows Calm Mind as well now, what awesome sauce! And then there's that Battle Girl with the Wobbuffett. I went all in and gambled a +6 Calm Mind Confusion could OHKO it. It didn't, and I was about to prepare for the worst, but by some luck, it decided to use Counter instead of Mirror Coat. Dear gosh, this is stressful.

Brawly was probably out pumping iron or catching some waves, because instead of battling him, I battled his twin sister Donna and her Plusle and Loudred! Noob Noob shrugged off Minun's Quick Attacks and Thundershocks with ease, playing the waiting game until its health was chipped away. Melody beat the Loudred after Tracing its Soundproof. All of its screams and Uproars were for not. Donna congratulated me on the wind, and I received the Knuckle Badge and the TM for Bulk Up! No one I wanna teach it to yet, but it's a great move nonetheless. Holding onto it for sure! Now, I'm teaching Deku Flash, and it's back into the Granite Cave!

14. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    After delivering the Letter to the guy who just maaaaaybe, *might* be the Champion from his unique character sprite and his striking wisdom, Mr. Briney and I are now off to Slateport. We dock off on Route 109, where I do a little bit of fishing and catch Sheldon the Shellder before heading up top to go see Captain Stern for my next quest of delivering some boat parts to him. Along the way I bumped into a Tuber kid who tosses out his "precious puppy", which turns out to be an Entei. No one got hurt, but it was still a shock.

-----

Okay, these pirate chefs are getting annoying now, always getting in the way of my little sidequests. I was dropping off the parts to the good Captain at the Ocean Museum, and then these guys swarm the place yelling about eco-friendly cooking ware and how gas stoves are killing water supplies with global warming. I am SO confused right now. I fight them off and then their boss comes in. Now HE is what you call a pirate with his awesome beard and gruff demeanor. I have a feeling I'm gonna have to fight him one day. Oh, side note, he smells like deep fried shrimp. Not sure why.

After delivering the parts I'm on my way up to Route 110 when I suddenly hear a familiar and rage-inducing giggle as I step into the tall grass. A few sparkles falling down and a jingle of bells later, and who do I come face to face with but the Death Star himself again. Jirachi, the little Wish spamming, Rest-abusing monster. I tried to catch the bugger but he's just too nimble and I only have Pokeballs. Melody sent him scurrying away with a nasty headache from Serene Grace Confusion. Gotta love the Trace ability.

-----

Oh boy, Pokefans are scary. Two of them ran up to me practically shrieking for me to admire and shower their cute Pokémon with praise and affection. They then sent out a Gyarados and an Aggron. Arceus have mercy. I may be relying on Melody a bit too much right now. She's at the point where she's six or seven levels higher than everyone else. Gonna have to even the team out a bit...

-----

... It is a looooooooong winding road to the next city, Mauville. I'm looking up above me wishing I had a bike right about now, it'd be so much faster... Huh? Someone's waving at me! That red bandanna looks familiar :D

15. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Hello again Elite Four May! Oh, time to battle I guess! Bring it on! :D

... I was expecting a bit more of a challenge from someone with your title. Did you think you'd have to go easy on me? Apart from your Dewgong, your team wasn't exactly strong... Nosepass got wrecked by Cha Cha, and Shroomish got iced by Noob Noob... Ah well, nice to see you again! On to Mauville!

-----

As I'm stopping off at the Mauville Gym, I see another familiar face. It's that green-haired kid I helped back at Petalburg. Wally, I think his name was? His uncle seems to be the overly-doting type, trying to keep his nephew out of harm's way, but it looks like Wally might have some sort of breathing problem so... there might be something? I don't know. Poor kid :(

Anyways, Wally wanted to show his uncle he'd gotten stronger and asked me to battle him. I was expecting him to throw out the Ralts I helped him get, but he threw out a Walrein instead. Not... sure where he managed to get that... considering you can only find those things on a frozen island on the other side of Hoenn. I'm going to assume it was a trade. I felt bad defeating him, but he told me not to hold back. Wally went home a little downcast... I decided to follow them back to see if I could cheer him up.

Route 117 is the place with the daycare, and as such, you have a lot of Pokémon breeders around there. Two of them wanted to go 6 on 4 with me, and they're pretty proud of their breeding skills; the girl sent out a Tyranitar on me X_X Thank you for being Grass-Type Cha Cha.

So, Wally now lives in Verdanturf Town! It's a very peaceful place, where the air is clean and the people are friendly! Hopefully Wally feels better soon with this environment! I wished him good luck then went back to the Mauville Gym. Third badge, here I come!

16. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    WHAT IS WITH THESE COOL YOUNGSTERS AND THEIR TEAMS.

I step into the Mauville Gym, taking a moment to admire the wiring skills in this place, and then what does Cool Youngster Jimmy send out on me? RAYQUAZA. Hoenn's. God. Dragon. Noob Noob, I am SO happy you're an Ice Type because I don't think we could've beaten this kid otherwise.

And now there's Cool Guitarists. Why does EVERYONE want to be the Cool Trainer now? I mean, yeah it's cool, but there's so many of you to keep track of! Maybe Cool means "I have ridiculously overpowered teams" because Cool Guiatarist Christiano sent out a Deoxys on me. Deku, do your thing with your Dark type! Thaaaank yooooou! Brief rest, then off to face the Gym Leader!

-----

I walk away from the third Gym with my clothes still slightly on fire. No losses, but jeez Louise, that was probably the closest I came to losing a battle.

Jimmy Wattson started the battle with a Tentacool. One Confusion later and its mind was jelly. Next one was a Scizor (I am STILL salty about my two missed opportunities). Bit tougher, but Noob Noob is KILLING it with the Freezes and gradually Rock Tombed it into submission. And then, in comes the egg ball of death. Togepi. I send out Melody to deal with this last mon, but it manages to survive the first hit. And then, it starts wiggling its fingers.

TOGEPI USED OVERHEAT!

Both Wattson and I scream in terror and dive behind the circuit boxes as the Togepi's Metronome makes it start belching fire like a movie monster. The gym turns red as the temperature skyrockets, and the emergency sprinklers turn on. As the little egg Pokémon collapses from the effort, I see Melody has a mere 3 HP left. Before Wattson can use a Super Potion (To be honest, I don't think he wanted to after that) I order Melody to subdue the Togepi before it can do any more damage. She complies and knocks it out with a weak Confusion.

Wattson's hands are still shaking as he hands me the Dynamo Badge and the Shock Wave TM (Which I immediately teach to Gardevoir; finally, a way to battle Dark Types). He apologizes for the scare and vows to make sure he's more prepared for something like that next time. He even gives me a bit of money to buy fresh clothes. I am exhausted, gonna spend the rest of the day lying on the beach.