1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The REAL Delta Warriors (DeltaRune Theory)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Wolf Expert, Feb 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Alright yes, here is another DeltaRune theory. I think this might be the third one I've come up with so far? Well, this one is a lot shorter than the others. As a warning though, this one is based entirely on the events that took place in DeltaRune and so is entirely spoilers if you haven't already played it.

Right! So you know the story if you've played Chapter 1. The balance of light and darkness has been disrupted and a prophecy tells of three heroes that will close the dark fountain and restore balance to the worlds of light and darkness. Those three heroes are a human, a monster, each from the light world, and a price from the dark world. The game doesn't waste any time at all, having you jump in and introducing the characters almost right off the bat; Kris the human, Susie the monster, and Ralsei the prince from the dark world.

And then Lancer kinda just shows up???

That seemed weird to me from the start and I wasn't sure why. Why is Lancer there? As a character I never really liked him all that much, but he ends up playing a major part in the story by overthrowing his own father and helping the main characters to fulfill their mission. But here's the thing: his father is a king, which makes Lancer a PRINCE.

So what if Lancer is actually the prince from the story, not Ralsei? After all, we don't really know all that much about Ralsei when you think about it. He's apparently been the only inhabitant of his kingdom in forever. He went out of his way to make a dummy modeled after himself because he didn't have anyone to base it on. We don't know for sure that his parents were actually royalty and, if they were, since they're not around now wouldn't that make Ralsei a king instead?

That would mean the real Delta Warriors are Kris, Susie, and Lancer.

I want to believe that Ralsei kind of just inserted himself into the story because he was lonely and wanted friends. I'm pretty sure my reaction was pretty typical with everyone else's when first seeing Ralsei. "PLEASE, don't let this precious fluffy boy be secretly evil." But, I mean, considering the fate of two worlds rested on whether one of the dark fountains was closed, it would have been a lot easier to close the fountain in his uninhabited kingdom rather than travelling to a hostile foreign kingdom and usurping their king in order to close theirs. Just something to think about I guess.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Glitxel

Mya
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽295.4
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★
    It is a curious thing to think about. There are two princes in the Dark world and only one prince in the Prophecy. Maybe Toby Fox wanted it to go both ways? That the Prince of the Dark could be Ralsei or It could be Lancer. Maybe we'll see in the later chapters that Lancer would join the party to serve as the third member or something similar. Who knows, There is only one chapter out right now.

3. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I thought of this too, and I’m almost positive it’s correct. And knowing Toby Fox, the reveal is going to be amazing. I hope Ralsei is good, but it would be interesting if he was the villain. Think about it. We know that he wants us to end battles peacefully, with his pacify spell. But we don’t know anything about its effects. What if it’s mind control and that is why they leave us alone when we use it successfully? Think about it. Either we use it on everyone, and everyone is controlled, or we go the violent route, resulting in the king being mind controlled. Either way, Ralsei has control over the entire kingdom. The only people that can’t be pacified in battle are Jevil, who turns into an item either way, and Susie and Lancer, the other members of the prophecy. Doesn’t that work out nicely?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,326.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Hm... it does make sense. Another thought is about how Ralsei is related to Asriel somehow, since both characters look incredibly similar and Ralsei's name is an anagram of Asriel. And Toriel mentions that Asriel is Kris's brother and that he had gone to college. Many fan theories claim that Asriel and Ralsei may be one and the same. But if Asriel is from the same world as Kris, then how is Ralsei a prince of the Dark?
    A way to solve Ralsei's role instead of himself being a villain is him being a "messenger" of some sort, or an "oracle" instead of a hero. Think about it - he's the only one who is willing to pass the legend of Delta Rune to Kris and Susie. Although Lancer and the King know the legend as well, they're not exactly willing to tell the Lightners. And then where would they be? Perhaps Ralsei is Kris's brother who now lives in the Dark, under the guise of having gone to university, there to help Kris save the dark while not being a hero himself.

5. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    You don't need to use his pacify spell. I got through the whole chapter just by sparing. That was enough to get the good ending and Ralsei is really happy if you do it that way.

I don't think they're the same characters. Even without his hat on, Ralsei looks pretty different from Asriel. They're probably just the same species. There's a common trope with parallel universe stories where there are characters in one universe who are like that world's equivalent of someone in the other universe. So Ralsei would be like Asriel's double.

I do like the idea of him being some kind of prophet. In Greek stories there are sometimes female characters called "helper maids" who follow the main character and support him in his quest. I think that would work as Ralsei's role.

I'm kind of hoping there will be some allusion to him being a villain later on, then there will be a sudden twist. Maybe resulting in Ralsei being injured or killed so we feel bad about suspecting him.

6. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,996.0
    I don't think that its even going to stop there. I think that Kris is going to end up being a villain, with the human from the prophecy being either the player (through the vessel you make at the beginning), or some new character we haven't been introduced yet.
    It's also possible that Susie might not be one of the actual Delta Warriors, though I'm more skeptical about that possibility. She's had too much character development so far and it wouldn't really make sense at this point for her not to be one of the "heroes", given that entire character seems to be building up to it.

7. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Especially since her friendship with Lancer ended up being pretty fundamental to the story, which is one of the main reasons I think Lancer might be the actual prince from the legend. In that case it would make sense for Kris to be the human too, but I do really want to see other humans in the game. Bringing back the player character you make at the start of the game would be interesting, since the voice at the start, probably Gaster, was supposed to have destroyed it. Well, the voice does say "discarded" so maybe that vessel is still around.