1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 2 The Red Gyarados

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by ShinigamiMiroku, Sep 19, 2017.

1. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Anyone got any stories they remember about the first time they heard about/encountered the Red Gyarados in GSC?

Admittedly I don't remember that time very well, due to family issues I was dealing with. I do remember, however, being shocked by the bold red colour that seemed to contrast with the original's deep blue hue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I fought mine, he was a good noodle... I actually can't remember if I caught it anymore....
    I loved the color and it surprised me to see it just chilling in the lake. I thought it was a bug at the time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DeleteAbsol

DeleteAbsol Absol-utely Bad

Pichu
    (Pichu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.9
    Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I actually killed it the first time around because I was not to smart of a trainer at the time and kept hitting it with super effective hits.

4. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I was staying over at my dad's place and he was as hype as I was because he played Pokémon too. Like we were both bouncing off one another hype wise which made the whole battle and capture really memorable. It kept escaping pokeballs but that just made us louder XD
    Nothing beats two people yelling at a pixilated creature in a Gameboy.

5. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I barely remember the first encounter I had with the red gyarados, well other than I caught it and thought it was cool that it was red instead of blue. Took awhile for my friend's and me to realize it was the newly added concept of shiny pokémon adding to Gen 2.

6. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I originally just thought it was just because of the 'atmosphere' of the lake or something (don't ask) so when I sent it out in the next battle outside of the lake, I was shocked that it had kept it's red colour. Derpy me is derpy.
    #MissingNo

7. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    I was but a wee tot at the time so I all I can really remember is amazement. And disappointment because my old gameboy couldn't save properly. I always knew that I would never reach that red beast again. Until the remake that is~

All in all. A pretty sweet way to introduce shiny Pokémon.

8. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I think I used my MASTER BALL on the Gyarados first time around as I didn't know it was for a Legendary (Note, I never caught a Legendary in my first time playing a Pokémon game). I ended up teaching it Zap Cannon, and now I'm upset that Gyarados can not learn Zap Cannon anymore. :( It was rad, a lot of OH-KOs.

9. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I played Silver after I already had RS/FRLG so I knew about shinies by the time I started playing it. I thought the shiny sparkle animation was really cool and I love Gyarados so it was great to catch! I don't think I ended up training it though because I already had a strong water type on my team, but maybe for these games I'll train it and make it a party member on my final team.

10. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    When I played my brother's game and got to the Red Gyardos I was stupid and not knowing it was a shiny and cool Pokémon just kept pelting it with moves to KO it.

11. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I've only played SS, but I was happy that I was able to catch a Shiny, even if it was pre-programmed XD. He actually served me very well throughout my team up until the Elite Four, before which I swapped him for Lugia :P

12. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    Somehow I got Pokerus on my Red Gyarados. A shiny with Pokerus... definitely saving that.

13. Chan

Chan Camper

Legendary Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽28.1
    I got 6 of does red Gyarados... its nothing that cool anymore :( But I would like it if there would be some more shinys just strolling around

14. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I have about 2 of those, and of course, it was my first shiny Pokémon before I even knew those were a thing. :P