1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Return of Team Rocket

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by LostSpirit, Aug 1, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    "In the Generation II games and their remakes, three years after the defeat of Giovanni at the hands of Red, a few members of the old Team Rocket attempted to reestablish the organization and get it back in operation, while awaiting the return of their leader, who was apparently away on solo training."

With all the secret Radio Stations, cutting off slowpoke tails, harassing Kimono girls, and generally being bad people, Team Rocket once again made their return in the Johto region after their initial defeat in Kanto. After all, "Steal Pokémon for profit. Exploit Pokémon for profit. All Pokémon exist for the glory of Team Rocket."

Anyhow, did you guys like the Team Rocket story in Johto? What did you think of them? Did you think bringing them back made GSC a great sequel? Would you have made any changes to Team Rocket and their plan overall? Share your thoughts and feel free to discuss!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    I thought it was great to see Team Rocket again--the second time around, they were more involved in the story and seemed much more dangerous.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Oh god, being completely honest, I thought you had found my fanfic from years ago named this exact thing and got scared... Until I read the topic.

I really liked them more the second time around. They seemed a lot more fleshed out and HGSS did a fantastic job overall with their inclusion.

I think it was one of the first games that actually made me feel like there was a sense of urgency with dealing with the villains. In most of the others, it didn't really feel that important for me, I guess.

4. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I LAUGHED REALLY HARD I'M SORRY RYAN.

But I will definitely agree! I think bringing them back in the Johto games was a good idea, because it actually gave the villainous teams some closure, I guess? After you defeat them in other games they kinda disband and you don't really know what happens to them or their members (with the exception of the original Team Plasma). However you get to see that revival and eventual, final disbandment of TR, giving it a sense of closure rather than "I defeated them once so they're all gone forever".

5. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Team Rocket's return in Johto did give the games a bit more of a fun twist. I like how there were different ranks of Rocket Grunts, unlike in Kanto when all of them were basically the same except for Giovanni. Although I did feel like they weren't as difficult in Johto in comparison to Kanto. It might just be me, but going through the Silph Co. against all those grunts was more work than anything we had to do against Team Rocket in Johto.

6. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    It's amazing to see how Team Rocket made a comeback even without their leader, Giovanni. It brings out an interesting twist to their plot in Johto and how they affect the Johto's main character.

7. J.J. Knight

J.J. Knight IMΔGINE|DREΔM|CREΔTE

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I loved the return of Team Rocket. This game introduced four of my favorite villians; Petrel, Proton, Ariana, and Archer. Team Rocket is one of my favorite evil teams ever, and I would welcome a comeback.

8. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I really liked Team Rocket! I think they are one of the best villain teams around.
    I sure hope they show up again in a Kanto remake :D

9. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    In all honesty they seemed more frail in the second game. They were just kind of... There. They didn't impact me too much and they were never seen as much of a threat. They were scrabbling for survival. They were funny and I still love petrel but they never seemed to impact the game too much IMO.

Although, saying that they were more organised, not just one person always calling the shots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.