1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Rocan Region

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by BluJav333, Jan 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BluJav333

BluJav333 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    So, I came up with a region for the Pokémon World based off of the Canadian Rockies(Hence the name Rocan- CANadian ROckies). It's a frontier region, only recently settled, and the resident professor(a prodigy at the age of merely 20) has only just recently catalogued all the Pokémon within the region.

Cities/Towns/Settlements(Including, but not limited to):

Setout Port(Where the game begins after you get off the boat, as well as the location of Professor Pine's Lab/Pokémon Gym)
    Nortundra Village(A snowy village near the northern reaches of the region)
    Cliffshade Town(A town literally built into the side of an overhanging cliff)
    Foundriforge City(A city that prides itself on their metalwork and mining)
    Farsite Reserve(An aboriginal reserve where a tribe of psychics makes their home)
    Volcore City(A city built into a volcano)
    Tahltail Village(A village where legends and myths are said to come to life)
    Zenithewn Town(A town of stonecutters that guard the way to the Rocan Pokémon League)

Gyms/Gym Leaders/Badges
    Setout Port Gym: Professor Pine(Multi-type), awards the Genesis Badge
    Nortundra Gym: Jackie(Ice), Awards the Crystal Badge
    Cliffshade Gym: Schwartz(Dark, FINALLY), awards the Eclipse Badge
    Foundriforge Gym: Ferran(Steel), Awards the Alloy Badge
    Farsite Gym: Silent Eye(Psychic), Awards the Vision Badge
    Volcore Gym: Pepper(Fire), Awards the Pyre Badge
    Tahltail Gym: Quinn(Fairy), Awards the Story Badge
    Zenithewn Gym: MIca(Rock), awards the Summit Badge

Elite Four:
    Verden(Grass)
    Shiro(Normal)
    Violet(Poison)
    Sandy(Ground)

Let me know what you guys think, or if you have any suggestions/ideas for this region! ;)

Prosecutor likes this.
  2. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    This sounds pretty cool and thought out. Though since alternate universes are canon, I'm wondering does your region take place in the universe with Mega evolution or in the one without it? And did you have any megas for your region that you wanted?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TrainerRythin

TrainerRythin -- The Diamond Tactician --

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Sounds good to me. I think this would be good for a fanfic, although I don't read too much of that sort of thing. Perhaps another town or two would be a good idea though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I'm very interested in this, is there some historical significance in this region? Anything from new legendaries, to visits from canon ones?

5. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I made a region like this once for my rather unpopular fanfiction. This is a solid idea because mine is not based off of an existing place. Nice job! One thing though is that it needs more towns. Good job :)

6. BluJav333

BluJav333 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Yes, this one would have Mega Evolutions, and it'd have a mix of old and new Pokémon with them, though mostly in generations 2, 4 and 5.

Yeah, I figured as much... Any ideas on that front?

Well, yes and no... Since it's just a recently-discovered "frontier" region, there's not much known about its history, except by the residents of Farsite Reserve. It's only been an official "Region" in its continuity for about 5-10 years or so... But there ARE Legendary Pokémon unique to the region- most notably a Matter/Energy/Antimatter trio. :)

Heh... Yeah, I'm glad you think so! And yeah, I agree on the sparcity of towns and whatnot- not to mention important landmarks(forests, caves, mountains, etc.). Care to help me out with that? :P

In any case, I've got some examples of "new" Pokémon you might find in the Rocan Region.

Sabloom (Grass) -Level 16-> Foileaf(Grass/Fighting) -Level 36-> Poinsepee(Grass/Fighting)
    Tedinder(Fire) -Level 16 -> Charizzly(Fire/Ground) -level 36-> Grizcorch(Fire/Ground)
    Psyphin(Water) -Level 16-> Clairvorca(Water/Psychic) -Level 36-> Empathicus(Water/Psychic)
    Gerbuckler(Normal) -Level 21-> Gerbaegis(Normal/Steel)
    Frostyke(Ice)-Level 19 -> Frostop(Ice) -Level 39 -> Frostitan(Ice)
    Espeep(Psychic/Flying) -Level 25-> Seefowl(Psychic/Flying)
    Kidmodo(Dark) -Level 26-> Punkimodo(Dark) -Level 42-> Bosstile(Dark/Poison)
    Wintail(Ice) -Level 28-> Harefrost(Ice/Fighting)
    Snapdrake(Grass/Dragon)
    Stratosfear(Dark/Electric)
    Gravelisk(Rock/Dragon)-Level 38 -> Obsidigar(Rock/Dragon)
    Locomotor(Steel/Water) -Level 33 -> Expressteam(Steel/Water)
    Ferroushrike(Steel/Flying) -Level 37 -> Alloyvian(Steel/Flying)

As well as plenty of old favorites! Oh, and any and all ideas for "new" Pokémon are appreciated. :)

7. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    Yeah! I can always help! Send me a PM and we can chat about it if you'd like!

8. TrainerRythin

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Well, I like the Pokémon, you did a good job on the names! I assume the first three are starters?

City names, hm? That'll be tough, I suck with names. Let's see:
    Silvia Town? Could be a heavily forested town with rare grass-types. Maybe you could catch Virizion there, as Unova is supposed to be based off Manhattan, and they'd be on the same continent and all.
    Ferrumis Metalworks? It could be by Foundriforge City, as a major storyline area. The villainous team of the area could attempt to take over the ironworks, and you'd have to battle them over giant vats of melted steel! It could have some fire types in the general area as well, from both the volcano and the metalwork plant.
    Somnos town? It could be a small town that is filled with Hypno and Drowzee, and is filled with heavy sleepers.
    Glacis City? Could be around the same latitude as Nortundra, but built on a glacier, and is a good place to catch Ice-types. Could also have a building similar in function to the Cold Storage from B2W2.
    I admit, most of these are bastardized latin words, but that's how I usuall name places. That reminds me.
    Bellis City: Could be in a southern area, and has a lot of flowers. Also a home to Pokémon like Bellossom, Belsprout, and others like that.

9. BluJav333

BluJav333 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I like those ideas! Somnos Village could be a good idea, and I could adapt a lot of those other ideas into dungeons/areas and the like. Nice job with Ferrumis Metalworks, too! :)

And yes, the first three are the starter trio. The grass type's based off of Poinsettias and fencing weapons, the Fire type's based off of bears and various levels of environmental fire damage, and the third's based off of dolphins and being able to sense emotions and foresee future events.

10. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    That's awesome, Have you done any art for these new Pokémon?

11. BluJav333

BluJav333 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I wish... But I DO have a mental image for pretty much all of them- especially for Stratosfear, and the Frostyke and Locomotor lines.

Stratosfear is basically a black stormcloud with lightning-bolt "hair" of sorts.
    Frostyke is just a little two-snowball snowman with no arms, a scarf and a knitted bobble hat.
    Frostop adds an additional snowball, gets twig arms, and trades in the bobble-hat for a top-hat.
    Frostitan is based off of Angus, the world's largest-ever snowman- look it up, if you're curious. :P
    Locomotor is based off of a miniature steam locomotive(obviously), and has the ability "Steam Engine", which nullifies incoming Fire-type moves and boosts its speed by one stage if hit by one(basically Motor Drive, but with Fire moves)
    Expressteam is basically a giant mecha/megazord-type-thing made up of trains, with the locomotive forming the torso and head. Again, it has the "Steam Engine" ability.

12. TrainerRythin

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Sounds like you've got a lot of ideas for this! Maybe you could see about requesting some art or scouring DeviantART for someone that can help.

13. BluJav333

BluJav333 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    My friend actually made pictures of what the Rocan Region badges look like a while back. Excuse the blurry quality- his scanner's not the best.

[​IMG]

14. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Hey I'll see if I can help with some concept art for them. Excuse me if I try locomotor first, I have a thing for trains. Does it have wheels or feet? is it like a transformer kind of creature, or what?

15. BluJav333

BluJav333 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Locomotor is basically a really small steam locomotive with arms and legs, and its headlights are eyes. Thanks in advance! ^_^

16. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    So this is what I first came up with, any changes you'd like to suggest so that it fits what was in your head better? I figured it could come in a couple different colors like flabebe does, and then have a shiny as well.

[​IMG]

17. BluJav333

BluJav333 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Hmm... I like the idea to have different colours, but I imagined it more as an SD(Super-Deformed, AKA Chibi) Humanoid kind of shape, sort-of like Golett. Not a bad design overall, though!

18. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    I can still tweak it, I'll see what I can come up with... I think I have an image of what you mean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.