1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Question The Search function is not the same...

Discussion in 'Support Hub' started by 122 Generation, Nov 7, 2022.

1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    What happened to the search function?

The ability to sort posts by date has disappeared, the text is half the height of even this post's text which is an eyesore, and you can't filter by specific threads in search results.

This doesn't feel like it's been tested. It doesn't work.

2. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,267.0
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Could you add some data for us to review?

- What browser are you using?
    - Are you on PC or Mobile?
    - What site skin are you using?
    - Have you tried to clear cache and cookies on the browser and test the search function again?

For example, my settings are:
    Opera GX, PC, Halloween skin, Cache not cleared.

My search looks normal though so it might be a different setting causing this.
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    Your screenshot shows my problem exactly. Do you see the search result text (in this screenshot, “SPOILER”) is about half the height of the thread name text? It’s not unreadable, but it borders on illegible.

If that’s the new ‘normal’, the search function will be an eyesore.

Compare the height of the text “SPOILER” as opposed to “Gameplay Journal” in this screenshot.

Separately, the function where you would find similar results for a single thread is not there anymore. Like “8 results in this thread” and so on.

4. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,267.0
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Ah I see, these might of been changes done long ago when the version of the forum creative suite changed but that was before my time. Ill have a chat with the old admins to see if I can get their input on this. Thanks for the heads up.

Update!
    I was able to fix the font size at least so it should be easier to read now. As for the missing features that might of been an automatic update of our forum base so I will look into it, no guarantees though.

#4 Nov 9, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  5. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    Much appreciated! The font is still somewhat small, but at least it's not microprint. But it could still be worked on.

6. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,598.8
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Hullo, mobile user here. Tried to search the word "practice" in this particular thread recently but this is what I got for the first three results:
    upload_2022-11-27_22-28-50.png
    Is it still being worked on, by the way?

And for the record, my settings are: Google Chrome, mobile, Valcadia, cache not cleared.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...