1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Story of the World named Lyoh

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by DragonCrys, Aug 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DragonCrys

DragonCrys Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽24.3
    The Gods' Final Act

[SIZE=14.6667px]Lyoh- Xeris, I love you with all my heart. I love our sons with all my heart, but there are things I cannot stop. The King has requested my presence immediately and I cannot ignore this problem.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Xeris- Will you come home alive? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Lyoh- If Fate wills it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Lyoh leaves[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Xeris- I despise Fate. It's a road I cannot walk.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]7 years pass, Lyoh has become a General in the Torjah Army and has not received a single letter from his sons or his wife. He returns home one day to find the entire house trashed, everything is in shambles. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Meanwhile on the front lines of the Gias Kingdom both sons, Lien and Lian, are fighting off the Torjah Empire. They see an oncoming enemy, large and dragging a massive sword behind it.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Lian charges the beast and is struck down in a single blow. Lien shouts his brother's name and also charges the beast.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]In an abandoned church, Xeris appears to be praying.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Xeris- They have not forgotten me. They are lost in their ideals. They fight for me and for peace. I beg of you... give me the power to save them from their destructive lives. Give me the power to make a world where the four of us can live happy forever. I do not wish to see them die. It would shatter my heart.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Lyoh eventually hears news of his sons deaths at the hands of the army he serves in and collapses in grief. Their bodies were brought back to the castle and were given ceremonies fit for a king.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]A number of days pass before the skies begin to darken and lightning fills the sky without clouds. Murmurs of an Age of Darkness is about to begin, that the Gods have forsaken the World and wish to be rid of Man. As more days pass, the rumors begin to be spoken of as if it is reality. At the doors of the Torjah Empire there then stood a corrupt and twisted form of the Gias Army. They pounded at the gates for hours, days... until the doors finally broke. These twisted men with purple skin haunted the streets attacking men and women, even children. Everything they touched became broken and corrupt... even people. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Seeing this chaos in front of him, Lyoh had everyone evacuate the city, however not everyone made it out alive. The Emperor and his personal guards fell to the Darkness. For months the Darkness began to slowly corrupt the land, changing its innocent form into something vile. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]During those months, Lyoh and his lieutenant, Jeremiah, trained all the men and women who followed them into soldiers. They knew they would not last forever, but a fighting force would last longer than a bunch of civilians pleading for life.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]A year and a half passed and the Darkness claimed the entire territory of the Torjah Empire, and a black figure took their place on the throne, claiming that they would change the world into a better place. Lyoh didn't believe a single word they spoke, and ordered his men that they would make a final charge. It would be Torjah's Last Stand against a Darkness that had all but taken the entire world into its grasp. The armies fought for weeks, but Lyoh's forces were much weaker than the Darkness. Days went on where losing 10 soldiers or more was normal.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]It was until Lyoh gathered his best and brightest. Three hardcore regiments of elitely trained men and women. They would be the forces that carved Lyoh and Jeremiah a straight path into the heart of the Torjah Empire. Lyoh was going to end the Darkness with a single blow.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]They were successful, to a point. In a short matter of time they managed to clear him a path but for only a few minutes. With this, Lyoh ordered Jeremiah to stay behind and fight. Jeremiah argued that he would need the help.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Lyoh- Jeremiah... I order you to preserve this world. Keep it from falling into another state of Darkness. That is your duty, and my last order to you. My last action, is to eliminate the source of this Darkness. It will be my final action as a Man. May the Gods favor me.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Before Jeremiah could argue, Lyoh was off toward the throne room, a place Lyoh would know the black figure would be. It was egotistical, and knew it's chances of success. As Lyoh entered the chambers of the old emperor, he saw an unnerving sight. Before him stood a black-skinned woman, waiting patiently and innocently for him. Black ash fell from her skin and floated around her. She was an exact replica of his wife Xeris. He knew this was a trick but-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Xeris- Oh my love, I always knew you were a Hero. After all.. You are my Hero.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Lyoh- Don't play tricks on me! You took my wife, how dare you mock me! How dare you mock her existence![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Xeris- My dear Lyoh, can't you see it's me. I am your loving caring wife. I always have been.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Lyoh was hesitant for a moment and then spoke[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Lyoh- What is all this? What have you become?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Xeris- I have been given a gift by the Gods themselves. I am going to reshape this world into my image. I'm going to make a world where the four of us can live in happiness forever. Don't you want that. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Xeris approached him, and touched him on the cheek, and although he noticed his skin began to turn into Ash like Xeris', he did not falter.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Lyoh- Xeris... stop this. Our sons are dead. Stop this madness before it's too late! The Gods will have mercy on us if you give up this power! Man does not need to fall like this! We need to flourish. This darkness won't make people happy Xeris! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Xeris- I'll just bring them back to life then... where are their graves?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Lyoh- No. Xeris can't you see this is-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Xeris- I see everything Lyoh! I see the world! I see the destructive path you and our sons walked! The path of war and grief. I would die of sadness if I could never be with you three again. So I will make this world mine.... And we will live happily.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Lyoh- No.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Xeris- What? Lyoh I-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Lyoh stands in front of his wife, holding her left shoulder with one hand, and plunging his sword into her chest with his right.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Lyoh- I could never be happy if the world surrounding my loving family was corrupted. I would do everything in my power to end the corruption and shine light into the world.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]He lays down her body as she slowly begins to return to her normal body, and Lyoh's begins to gain her corruption and power. He stands there and kneels before Xeris' body. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Lyoh- I see no end to the destruction this action has caused man, but I take sole responsibility. Should the darkness rise again, I beg that a reincarnation of myself will rise to stop it. This I ask of you almighty Gods of the World. Make me your weapon to end any and all chaos harmful to the people of the land, sea and air. I will serve until the job is done.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Lyoh plunges his sword into himself, releasing the darkness and corruption from his body. He flies into the air and vanishes without a trace. The sky grows brighter and the corruption across the land begins to fade, halting the fighting. A lone light shines on the castle as the darkness completely fades. Jeremiah makes his voice heard over all the people. Standing atop a pillar Jeremiah gives one final speech.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Jeremiah- From this day forth, the Torjah Empire will be known as the Paliso Empire! We will safeguard the world and all it's people! I will be your new Emperor! Let the world know that man has finally named the world. It shall be named Lyoh, after the great warrior who saved us from Darkness. The Violet and Asure moons will be named after his sons Lien and Lian! Spread the word! This word is now law. Anyone who does not recognize the word will shame the man who saved us from extinction![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]It was from then on that the people of the world knew that the world was named Lyoh, and the moons were named Lien and Lian, but after time... no one could remember why except for those who preserved history and the story of a man named Lyoh.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Hundreds of years passed until the Darkness rose as its form. An Island later to be known as the nation of Sovereign harbored many races. Humans, Elves, Veras, Dwarves hidden in the mountains and sentient survivors of the Darkness. Their bodies adapted and warped the remaining hive mind into something positive. However this only occurred after Lyoh got rid of the source of the Darkness. The island was previously being sieged by Veras and the Corrupted (referred to as Demons on the island)[/SIZE]

Born with Courage and Bravery

As the neutral nation known as Sovereign finally formed as a hub for all known races, the Darkness took hold of one of the Corrupted. It twisted its mind into an individual and forced its way out of the barrier that barred exit and entry to the Corrupted land on the island. It slowly created a small force of individuals. 30 years passed and the small force it had created turned into a radical religious group, believing its leader was some sort of God.

[SIZE=14.6667px]Elsewhere In the elven kingdom of Ligaal, a boy was born. He was born half-elf and half-human. The most unique trait of the boy was that he also had a Corrupted heart safely guarded atop his chest. However, no matter how much the parents loved the boy, they knew they would not be able to keep him. The Demons on the island were seen as monsters, things created in the Underworld meant to destroy the existence of life.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]They traveled across the island into the Vera town of Cozack. There they met with Kail Thorntuff, a good friend of the Mother. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Kail- So... you weren't lying.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Sarah- I could never lie to you Kail. You'd call my bluff.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Kail- I wish you were bluffing. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Teran- Kail, me and you never saw eye to eye. Can you keep him safe? Treat him like your own?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Kail- He will be welcome in my home. This town would be glad to have him. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Teran- No one can see his heart, are we clear?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Kail- He'll be safe, I promise.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]There's a short pause before Sarah speaks up.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Sarah- "It's so hard to walk away. Knowing I won't be able to raise him on my own hurts so much. Kail, please... please take good care of him."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Kail- You have my word.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Teran- We have to go. They'll begin asking where we are if we spend too much time away. May Fate guide you.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Kail- And may the Goddess Fer grant you a glorious battle.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Kail looks down at the baby in his arms and brushes the back of his head. The Bear beastial grinned at the sleeping babe and whispered to himself[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Kail- You'll grow up to be a fine warrior, Bal-Savi.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]From that day forth, Bal-Savi was a member of the Thorntuff family. Raised with Kail's daughter Lisen, Bal was put through a hardcore training regimen. Training day and night with the use of a sword, Bal eventually had the skill to best his mentor and step-father Kail. Although the boy loved his skill and prowess, he was exceptionally laid back. He knew the seriousness of the things around him yet only put his hands behind his back and waited to be called upon.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The boy did miss his parents and the knowledge that his parents died during a confrontation with a Goliath near the border of Ligaal and Sovereign still laid deep in his mind. He wanted to prove he could be someone that could defeat any foe. It was when he turned 16 that he was given this chance. Warned several times by Kail not to lose the clothing covering his chest, Bal was put through the test every Vera went through. Lisen went through her own a couple years before him, and he knew what to expect. It was either kill or be killed in the arena. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Seen off with a salute of the Cozack town guard (Led by Kail) Bal faced his test of manhood. However just before that test he was encountered by an elven man named Ferons. He wanted the boy to come with him to Ligaal and ignore the Vera nation of Nyst. Bal refused, saying that he could never walk away from a fight meant to prove himself. Ferons then bribed the Gatekeeper to give Bal a death sentence. The opponent Bal was to face changed from a pack of starved wolves into a lumbering stone Goliath.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]With his wits about him, Bal knew he had to win. If he fought this 'thing' alone and survived at such a young age, he could conquer anything. Bal fought hard, but he was pushed with his back against the wall. Blood and pain was all he could remember until he looked up and saw the lumbering beast, now feeling the effects of fear. Through sheer willpower, Bal stood up and shook off the fear resting a final thought in his mind. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Bal-Savi- If I die now, then how will I grow into the Hero my parents would be proud of?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]With that in mind his Corrupted heart sparked to life for the first time and gave him unnatural abilities. Within moments he charged up the arena wall and launched into the air. Sword in hand he aimed for the Goliath's neck and launched forward. Landing in the sand, the Goliath fell behind him, the head following suit. He stood for a few seconds until he fell to his knees, smiling.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]It was only natural for the Sovereign Council member Hemmark to notice the boy. Hemmark requested from the Nyst Chancellor that the boy be put to use in a special program the Sovereign Council was working on. The Chancellor agreed, warning Hemmark that the boy showed skill, but that he was dangerous. Bal was treated for three days before he finally awoke. Hearing the news from Kail and Lisen that he had officially completed his Proving, Bal rejoiced. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]However he could not rejoice for long as Hemmark soon arrived, taking the boy from his family. He was told that the Sovereign Council needed to see him for themselves, that they all expected him to be a great thing. Presented to the Council as the 'Elite Warrior they needed' Bal-Savi was given the task of leading a small force into a cave near the Feyr Lake. He was ordered to kill everyone there, that they were all people trying to harm the world. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Without any more information, Bal took this small force and led it inside, killing everyone. What came to his horror was there was not only men and women serving this dark religion, there were men and women from all of the three main races. He was shocked and couldn't understand how these people would want to hurt the world. They begged and pleaded that they were doing this for the world, not to stand against it. He only killed one man that day.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]After returning to Sanctuary for a job well done he was dismissed back to Cozack until they needed him again. He returned to his town burning in bright flames. People cloaked in brown and black were slaughtering everyone. Bal fought his way to his home to find it in rubble. Lisen was dead next to Kail who just slain the last man near them. Bal entered a moment later to hear Kail's dying words.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Kail- You aren't meant to be a simple soldier boy. Your parents weren't just adventurers... they were Heroes. Go the the Ylamiri forest. Tell them that Lyoh shattered the Darkness.....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Bal couldn't leave his step-father's side, but Kail passed soon afterwards forcing Bal's hands. He stood his ground and swallowed, taking the path that was laid before him. He decided to listen to Kail's words and head for the Ylamiri Forest. He traveled this path alone and took with him the sword he'd used since the days he could first fight.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The road to Ylamiri wasn't hard, except for the fact he had to cross through the Wasteland completely. It was a place deemed as a war-torn desert for scavengers and outcast and the city of Sanctuary sat in the middle of it. Bal encountered an old woman who asked what the boy was doing, and he responded simply[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Bal-Savi- I'm going to rid the world of an evil.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Old Woman- So, you believe you can be a Hero? That takes a lot of work. Adventurers before you spent their lives ridding our world of evil, never to be rewarded.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Bal-Savi- Then I'll just show them that this evil exists. That it crawls and hisses in our ears. They took something from me... so I'll fight to get it back. I'll rewrite history if I need to.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Old Woman- You're determined, but how far ahead have you thought this through?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Bal-Savi- I don't need to sit down to see the path in front of me. All I have to do is take the first step. The Darkness blocking my path proved that to me.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Old Woman- You claim you wish to rewrite history if need be. You say you wish to rid the world of this constant evil. Your eyes would bring fear to any man. Tell me, when you wanted to grow up, what did you want to be?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Bal-Savi- I wanted to be an Elite adventurer like my parents. A Legend to bring the hopes to children and adults alike.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Old Woman- I'll let you in on a little secret, you have a large gap in front of you. How do you plan to cross it?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]With that, the woman who stood before him turned to bones, and then vanished with the desert wind.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Shortly after he arrived in Ylamiri Forest. Greeted by several masked individuals he spoke the words Kail gave him and entered the tree village of the Isho Clan. There he was greeted by the Dark Elf named Palar Isho. He asked about Kail, and was saddened by the knowledge of his death. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]When Bal said he wanted to desperately kill the people who did this, Palar told him he wasn't ready. He placed a palm on Bal's chest when Bal refused to accept that and when Palar sighed he responded once more that Bal wasn't ready. He had yet to awaken who he was.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Bal stayed in the village for a month trying to awaken himself with Palar's challenges and eventually succeeded, mastering the first technique to his power. This power was named by Palar as Heart. Should Bal take any excessive damage he would gain the ability to instantaneously recover and get back in the fight.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]To test if he was finally ready to move on Palar tested Bal against his Eldest Daughter Lyara Isho. The laid back Princess never showed Bal a single move in her arsenal, and he assumed she was weak. However the two turned out be matched in skill, and Bal came out with the win simply due to his new ability.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]After beating Lyara, Palar handed her to Bal so she could travel with him and learn about the world. Palar told Bal that if his assumptions were correct, this evil would try to corrupt the world from its most influential source, Sovereign. Bal needed to beat this evil before its roots spread too deep. The boy would also need more allies than just Lyara. He would have to visit Ligaal, Gieel and the lower cities of Sovereign and find one individual from there that could help his cause.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Bal took to Ligaal first, finding the Mage Quin and solving a problem with the Spiritual realm. After that he reached Gieel, aiding the Archer Nathan and took down a 'cell' for the mysterious Evil. Lastly in Halin he picked up the Expert Thief Liu Hanra. Liu was much younger than the others at 14, but his skills in stealth proved useful as they learned about the time the attack on Sanctuary would commence.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]However the entire Party and their goal to get rid of the Darkness was found out and they were intercepted on their way to Sanctuary. They were stopped by robed figures similar to the ones that attacked Cozack and Bal refused to let them get in his way. The entire Party was defeated and was left to die in the Wasteland.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Bal woke up on the Ancients Island a week later. He desperately searched for his friends but could not find them. He then met with a very old man who told him that there was still much to learn. For four years, Bal was taught how to control his ability with Fire Magic, and to change its properties. He was also taught the second and final combat technique his Corrupted blood gave him. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Speed. The ability to freeze time for 5 seconds, appearing as if he used insane speed to strike at his foes. He was also granted a sword that used to be Lyoh's, however Bal turned it down saying if he had to constantly rely on others he could not rely on himself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Reaching the Port of Yulg, he was met by Lyara and was told that everyone's been waiting for you. He asked how she knew where he was.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Lyara- It is the Isho Clan's duty to ensure the balance of this world. If you were to fail, the balance would fall apart.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]With that, Bal was briefed on everything that has happened. Sanctuary was taken by numerous bandits and nefarious individuals but they had an unusual dark presence about them, as if they were being controlled. The entire Council was killed and the several armies of the three nations have been fighting this dark force for two years now. They haven't even broken the Darkness' frontlines. Bal thought for a good long while and told Lyara that he would lead these armies to victory.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Lyara laughed at him, and asked how he expected to do that. He told her with her and everyone else's help. Of course everyone agreed and they went to their designated positions to let the generals of each army know that someone would be taking lead of their forces. A thorough explanation and direct order of how their operations should act was conducted and all three armies worked as a well oiled machine hesitantly, but eventually confident, under the leadership of Bal. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Reaching the gates of Sanctuary, Bal declared that this was their final push and lead the frontlines with his three companions. One by one they separated to complete objectives that would help the other, leading Lyara to guard the Council Tower Entrance, refusing passage to anyone else except Bal.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Bal charged the steps and reached the room. After learning the culprit was Ferons, and that he was actually a Demon, they had an intense fight. Bal eventually lost falling to his knees and Ferons claiming he was doing the will of the Dark God Xerx. He was going to bring him back from Oblivion. Bal summoned all the courage he could and disregarded the high chance he would die and charged at Ferons, determined to kill the lunatic. Thrusting forward and without using his powers he sped forward at Ferons, striking for the man's chest. His strike was blocked by the magical barrier but in that instant he triggered Speed and spun forward slicing into Feron's back through his entire abdomen.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]When the strike occurred in actual time the glass windows shattered and a massive amount of black blood spurted out of Ferons. He spoke as if Xerx would return eventually, and Bal said if he wasn't here to stop Xerx when he does return that another would stop him. The world was meant to have people safeguard it. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]After the armies pulled back and Sanctuary rebuilt itself, the remaining enemies were captured and thrown in prisons or killed. Bal-Savi was elected to be the Elder Council member and Quin gave birth to his son named Cail, after his guardian angel. Around 50 or so years later Bal-Savi would die by an assassin, leaving his son Cail to take his place, eventually leading up to the story for the Heroes of Sovereign.[/SIZE]

2. DragonCrys

DragonCrys Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽24.3
    Life For All Not For One

The slums of the Elven cities were never pretty, and more could be said about Gieel's own slums but this particular slum housed an abandoned wood elf girl named Veronica Pheramore. Left to suffer the cruel world on her own, Veronica's parents never asked for the child so upon birth they raised her for a short time before setting her on her way at the age of 5. The child wandered through the city streets for hours looking for something to help her move forward and away from this horrid life. However she found nothing that would sustain her.

[SIZE=14.6667px]When she was old enough to walk longer distances, she managed to walk to other cities in the kingdom. She was picked up at the age of 12 by another homeless individual, a dark elf who was shunned by everyone. She didn't know why he was shunned and she certainly didn't know why he took pity on her. She hated being pitied, looked down upon for her weakness as a person. This man taught her how to read and he told her stories of long lost heroes, men and women lost to the passage of time. He told her of the glorious wars that happened in other worlds and the ones that changed the very world they lived in. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]She was fascinated by all of it. She had found something to keep her going. Her inspiration to learn was extraordinary and she eventually began to trade her own food stuffs for books she had never read or stories she never heard. She'd starve for days just for a new story to captivate her mind. It wasn't until later that the dark elf man wandered toward the Ylamiri forest and encouraged Veronica to not follow him. At the age of 19 Veronica traveled into the forest and encountered beasts she could never imagine. She was aware of the monsters that roamed freely in their world.... But these were stuff of legends.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Using the knowledge she had in her mind she barely survived her first encounter and lost her way. She was uncertain of which way she could go to leave the forest. For 5 long years she trained herself harshly in the forest, becoming a natural hunter and surviving off the land. During those five years she traded and competed with the local clan. It was during those 5 years she met her first Corrupted, an individual of purple skin with hard scales covering random parts of their body. She was curious about them, and learned more about their people, and about the fact that they believed they were only there to be controlled.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Veronica was strictly against this. She was abandoned as a child, forced to live without a dream in her heart. She encouraged any free thought others had and encouraged that they could live their lives their way. The world was a harsh place, but she knew any uplifted spirit could change the whole world. This individual believed otherwise. He believed the world would never change and that his people would never be respected or released from their magical prison. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Veronica took this as a challenge and swore to the man that she would release his people from their captivity and show to them the joy in life she was never given.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Veronica - "I was never given the love I needed as a child, and at times I thought I should just die. That was until a man, shamed just like me, took me in and showed me what it was like to want something, to express joy. Every person should have at least one moment in their life where they can smile."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Veronica was set on this journey and made her long walk to Port Yulg. She arrived at the age of 25 and had dealt with 'problems' on her way there. Bow on her back and arrows in a quiver she paid for a rowboat and made her way to Ancient's Island, a place that once house ancient beasts that once ruled the land. As she arrived, it looked like nothing she had ever seen. It was snowing everywhere, and it almost felt like a blizzard would hit the island. She had never seen such a beautiful array of trees in the heavy snow. The land was harsh and unforgiving, reminding her of the her experiences in the slums. She tried to shake it off and continue forward but her mind kept relapsing back to it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]She couldn't escape her past. Upon collapsing after putting her mind and body through extreme stress in a land she knew nothing about she saw a figure approach her before losing consciousness. She awoke to a fire and an old man huddled near it. This man told her he was the hermit of the island, and that he didn't get many visitors. The fact that he had received two so close together was surprising. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Veronica - Who's the other person?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Old Man - There's no need to worry about him. You have your own goal in mind, don't you? There is a reason you came here, is there not?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Veronica - I heard stories of a lone man who sits on this island, one who only helps those with goals of virtue, honesty and justice. I came for your help to-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Old Man - Oh I'm aware of what you want, but you will be here longer than you think if you believe it is this easy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Veronica - I'm not going to give up on these people.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Old Man - Good... good. How far will you go?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Veronica - Excuse me?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Old Man - How far will you go to help these people?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Veronica - I would give my life for them. Everyone should get the chance to smile and be a part of the bigger world. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Mysterious Woman - Then you won't mind if I tag along do you?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Her name was Lyara Isho, the first princess of the Isho Clan. Lyara made sure Veronica was ready for any combat they could experience in Ilsa while the hermit taught her everything she needed to know about the Corrupted people know only as 'Demons'. Their language their writing, their culture, their beliefs and so much more. He taught her everything about them. On the final day of her teaching the hermit extended his hands and created a 6 foot portal that shimmered and glowed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Old Man - Walk on through, and you'll begin your journey to help these people.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]She did so, and gave her goodbyes to the hermit. For years she helped the people fight off monsters, showed them what the communities of the other kingdoms did, enlightened their minds and managed to give them a feeling they never experienced before. A sense of individualism. They could finally just be the person they were born as, not the thing they were 'created' to be. Not all of them accepted it, but she knew it'd be a long road ahead before she could change their minds.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]That's when she encountered one Corrupted who began to spread lies about her, make the communities begin to distrust her. She encountered this individual and heard his words. He said he was the master hive mind, that he was going to bring upon the new age of the Corrupted and that the Wood Elf within their borders was igniting a change that would kill their people. A heated argument was exchanged before the Demon changed into a towering dark figure. Veronica exclaimed that everyone should evacuate the area but they all scattered just far enough to watch from the sidelines.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Figure - These things are nothing to you. I am their ruler and I command them to kill you![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Veronica - They will not follow your will anymore Xerx. They may fear you, but they fear the unknown much more. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Figure - You defend those who are not your kind! Why haven't you slaughtered them!? Treated them with ill-intentions!?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Veronica - I will not treat these people like I was. I will not abandon my hope to help those in need. Everyone deserves a chance to be themselves. Even if I stand alone in this, I will be the wall that protects them from evil such as yourself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Figure - Then you will die protecting monsters.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Veronica - Hear my voice People of Ilsa! You no longer need to fear the God known as Xerx! He can no longer control you! Upon my words, you can finally fly freely and be yourself! Become the people you want to be, do the things you want to do! Smile and laugh at the joys in life! Feel every emotion you know the other races feel! They will welcome you with open arms just like I have! All you need is a spark of Hope and a goal in your mind! You can be anything![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Veronica looks at the large figure and whispers to herself - Just look at me. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]She closed her eyes and upon the figure's blow there was a flash of light and then silence. The towering figure was gone and Veronica fell toward the ground with a large thump. [/SIZE]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.