1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Three Qualities~

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jupjami, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Basically a part two for "The Four Elements", the Three Qualities tell of the three "roles" we take in life~ These are also intertwined with the Zodiac, but an easier way to see it is in relation to the seasons:

CARDINAL : Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn
    Cardinal-types are born at the beginning of a new season; in the Northern Hemisphere, Aries marks the dawn of spring, Cancer brings with it the heat of summer, Libra signals the start of autumn, and Capricorn bears the cold of winter. As they occur at the beginning, they are the initiators, the pioneers who bring about change. They lead the rest of the signs, they are the ones who take action. Also, cardinal-types may organise others, but are typically disorganised and messy themselves~

FIXED : Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius
    Fixed-types are born in the middle of the season; when the season is at its peak and things are less likely to change. Thus they are the ones who stabilise the rest, providing a pillar for others to lean on. They sustain the rest of the signs, they carry through with whatever plan they have in mind and will not be deterred. Because of this tenacity fixed-types often are seen as hardheaded and stubborn.

MUTABLE : Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces
    Mutable-types are born nearing the end of the season, meaning that change is coming or already occurring. As such they are very flexible and open to change, allowing them to come up with new ideas and respond quickly to circumstances. They help the rest of the signs adapt, guiding them through transitions and abrupt changes. However without a sturdy foundation to lean on mutable-types become detached and aloof, and unable to commit.

Fun fact: Again, if you order the zodiac signs according to their calendar sequence you get:
    Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces
    Fun fact #2: Also because of the above arrangement no two zodiac signs will have the same element and quality at the same time; only one sign will have a Air Cardinal combination, for example~ (Libra)

So again, what quality do you fall under~? And does it match your personality~? If not, what do you feel more like~?

I'm a Libra, and thus I fall under the Cardinal quality~ True, I like to lead others when I can, especially if it's something I'm good at, but many times I also feel like a Mutable-type as I usually drift from one project to another, always changing the things I do...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I fit under the cardinal quality, but I really don't feel like it suits me. As I'm not a people person, I don't consider myself much of a leader or organizer. I'd rather let others take control. I don't really feel like a mutable or fixed type either, as I both don't like unexpected changes to plans, and yet am willing to go with the flow, even if it makes me uncomfortable. I feel like I'm too much of a follower to really fit any of the qualities.

3. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,279.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I am a libra but I would not say I fall under the description of the Cardinal quality. More mutable if anything.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Jupjami likes this.
  4. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    That's May Explain Why Everyone Said I Am Stubborn, As A Taurus.

Jupjami likes this.
  5. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    I seem to be in between all three of these. I fall under Cardinal due to being a Libra, and anyone who sees my room can agree that I can be messy. I don't like being a leader, but that doesn't mean I'm not any good at it. As long as I know what I'm doing, I can lead people that will listen, but I don't really think the leadership role suits me. I also don't like change very much, and have a tendency to be very stubborn.

I also have a lot of trouble finishing long projects or completing long term goals. For example, I still have not beat Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, and most of my stories end up cancelled or on hiatus. My projects do seem to progress more if I already have some concepts ready to go from older projects or have enough of a foundation. That doesn't necessarily mean I'll finish a project, but it certainly helps.

It's also why I have an easier time with writing Pokémon Fanfictions than others: I don't have to come up with much other than characters and plot as long as I know the region it's set in.