1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Umbral Nuzlocke

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Manaphymajic1999, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manaphymajic1999

PokéPoints:
    ₽42.9
    [SIZE=37.3333px]Umbral Nuzlocke[/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Chapter I: The Challenge is Issued[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]It's hard to say what actually woke me, the steady rumbling of the truck below me, the bumps in the road that caused me to repeatedly hit my head on the metal floor and the surrounding furniture. Or the crazy man standing over me. I blinked for a second, nope still there. Where the hell was I? In the back of a moving van? Why? Had this weirdo kidnapped me?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"Kidnapping?! Oh, how mundane. No, no, no... I've just... I suppose the term is '[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]borrowed[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]' you." His laugh was the manic laugh, generally associated with the insane.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"Borrowed? What do you mean borrowed? You took me from my home without permission!" I was furious.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"Oh, quite contrary. You, yourself gave me the permission to take you. What is the last thing you remember doing?" he asked, a manic grin on his face.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]I thought back. The last thing that I remembered doing was starting up my new Pokémon Alpha Sapphire game that I had brought from a Garage Sale. I remembered hitting the '[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]New Game[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]' button before passing out. It was quite unexpected, as I wasn't feeling tired. Had this man drugged me?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"Drugs are far too easy to combat. Besides, drugs from here wouldn't have worked in your own world." He smirked down upon me.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Here?![/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] What do you mean by that?" I asked incredulous. I'd thought that the man only looked crazy, but it seemed he was actually bat-shit crazy.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]With a giggle, the man pulled a box from the stack beside him. The ones above the selected box fell over onto the furniture.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"See?" He turned the box so that I could read the logo on it. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Hoenn Moving Service[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] was printed along the side, two Machoke holding the logo at chest-height.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"This is quite the length to go to for a prank." I told him.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"A prank!" he cried, "oh if only!" He clicked his fingers and I found myself floating in the air. He opened the back of the truck. Outside, the wind rushed by at a stupendous speed, but the air did not seem to disturb the air inside the truck. We were travelling along a dirt road. Even at the speed we were moving at, it was hard to miss the proof I needed. I could see Taillow flying around and Zigzagoon and Poochyena moving around. The door closed gently and I rotated around to face the weird man, who (may I add) I had only just noticed was a floating head and hands. In the dark of the truck, I had mistaken furniture for his body. Now, turned around, the boxes were behind him and I could see the missing body.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"Now, would you like me to explain why you are here? Or would you prefer to scream first?" He asked.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"Tell me..." I croaked.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"Odd... Usually they prefer to scream first. Oh well. So, the reason that you are here is to participate in the Nuzlocké Challenge. The chip that you used was the doorway between this world and yours. One of many in fact. I'll assume that you do know what a Nuzlocké is right?" His face looked mock severe for a moment before breaking out in that insane grin. "The one where if your Pokémon faint, they die and all that jazz. Good, good." He grinned at me.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"Meanwhile, no matter how long you take to complete the challenge, you won't be missed back on your world. The is no record or recollection of your existence. Also helps if you fail this challenge. Tip: you fail, you will die. Now, just a few final things before I let you go. First of all, the Challenge symbol." He said, pressing his cold fingers to the base of my skull. There was a burning sensation and the smell of burnt hair.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"The hair should hide the mark. That leads to the second point. Don't let anyone know you are a Nuzlockér if you can help it. People tend to look down on that. Now finally, you don't plan on completing the Challenge in your Pyjamas do you?" He waved his finger as he finished speaking and my clothes warmed around me. My collar burst into flames, before running down my body like a scan, leaving behind a new set of clothes. I don't know how the clothes were selected, but these were the sort of clothes that I'd choose if I could choose my own clothes.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]The weird guy looked me up and down, before nodding. "Fits well... Just one last addition." He paused and grabbed something out of the air, draping it over one of my shoulders. "There, much better." He nodded appreciatively.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"Right-o, out you go!" The invisible force picked up in force, lifting me off the ground.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"Wait!" I cried. "What's your name?" He stopped and pondered that for a moment.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"My name? I go by many. But my usual name... My usual name is Nuzlocke, after which the challenge is named." He laughed. "Egotistical, huh?" With that he pushed open the back door and launched me out of the truck.[/SIZE]

In the lieu of my updates, feel free to follow the progress on here;

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AqrcEJTWIIcyE5oVNCiBg73SO6QwnSjTr0UHQVJT0Ow/edit?usp=sharing

This is the link to the Document I write on, so you guys can review it before I post, that way I can make the changes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.