1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Union Room - For general chatting about Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Pixil, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Steamlined

Steamlined Jack of all trades

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    As a game overall: OR/AS without a shred of a doubt! For some reason, when I play it, I don't get mad whenever I get challenged by a trainer, I actually enjoy Dexfilling, and I feel generally happy while playing! Unlike a certain other 3D Pokémon game, which, really, I felt, only got tedious after a while.

Although, DPPt still stands out as having the best OST IMO, despite the NDS' technical restrictions! But it still takes #2 on my all-time favorite Pokémon game lists. Can't wait for those DPPt remakes... (Which they'd BETTER MAKE OTHERWISE SOMEONE'S GONNA REGRET IT.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    Awww, I hope he's being open minded about it! He sounds like one of those people that shuts away everything new... I hope he at least gave it a chance, because honestly these games are just so great. ;w;

ORAS is definitely up there, probably my favorite. But HGSS are still also way up there, I absolutely love those games. X&Y used to be high on my list, but ORAS has completely over shadowed it.

As of right now, if I had to put it into list form, my top 3 might be:

1) ORAS simply because of convenience, amazingness, everything. It's all around the most flawless of the games, for me personally. I feel comfortable playing it, and it has absolutely everything I need, such as the breeding mechanics.

2) HGSS because those games mean so much to me, I was so excited when they came out as Johto used to be my favorite region as a kid. They're adorable, fun, have an extensive story and gameplay even past the elite four, Pokémon following you ♥, it's lovely.

3) Hmm, probably Platinum. Might seem random but there's something about this game I really liked. I didn't even play it until after Black 2 and White 2, and it still felt like a very solid game with an amazing selection of Pokémon and a fun storyline.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I've gotta go with you guys and say OR/AS. It's just so perfect and I'm completely in love with it. I can't really find any major flaws with it aside from the fact that it's pretty easy. It's just so much fun and even now, replaying it, it just feels so good.

4. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    H-how can you hate ORAS? They're so amazing so far, blaaaah. I'm really addicted and really sad knowing I'll finish the story in a few days. D:

5. Steamlined

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    This. Oh god this is so true.
    It's annoying, Emerald was his favorite game, so if he gave of a chance I'm pretty sure he'd love it! But he doesn't even give it a chance.

Between you (The reader) and me, I think the only reason is because he doesn't have a 3DS, so he's jelly. He won't admit it though. I mean, it's literally only Pokémon he doesn't like changing. He likes plenty of other changes in other games, just not Pokémon. Weird guy, but he's still my friend nonetheless! After all, nobody likes someone who's boring and normal. :P

6. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    Huh wow, that's so unfortunate. I know someone like that, he's shunned a lot of the newer Pokémon games, still playing Red/Blue and saying the new games are excessive and dumb, or something. But, I heard he's going to give ORAS a try, so I'm interested to see what he thinks.

It's always exciting when people will open up to things they previously wouldn't even think of trying, heh.

7. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    A lot of people are just unwilling to accept change and refuse to give anything new a try which really is unfortunate, that and most of us were kids when R/B came out so of course the older games had more of a chance to charm us. We were kids, after all! Wish people could understand that. Though I'd have loved to play these newer 3D Pokémon games as a kid - it would've been so cool. ♥

8. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I know that some people refuse to accept new things (like my brother with the newer Star Wars) and I really dislike it. I don't really feel anything like that because I have only been playing Pokémon for about two years. In this case, I think they may just be jealous indeed.

9. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I felt this way too. I didn't wanna finish it. I'm playing through Alpha Sapphire now, my 100% copy and I'm still speeding through.

10. Steamlined

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    OR/AS Spoilers below, watch out if you haven't played it!

I just got the Eon Flute today. I thought it would just be a fly replacement, so I was really happy. But then, when I saw that I could actually fly Latias around the entire of Hoenn and land anywhere, the combination of "This is what I've always wanted" and the super-awesome-dramatic music made me literally cry in front of my DS screen. Damn I love Game Freak.
    Also, while flying, I found a Braviary. I FINALLY GOT A BRAVIARY WITH MY OT AND I WASN'T EVEN EXPECTING IT!

I love this game.

ragnaroq likes this.
  11. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    The fact that you have to wait 12 hours in between catching legendaries really irks me. I don't have 12 hours, and I was gonna spend all day hunting some. Oh well, I guess it can wait until later.

12. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    Ahh, all this talk about stuff I haven't reached in the game yet ; .; I just beat Tate and Liza last night (was really disappointed with their team too...) and got Dive. I really want to beat the game, but at the same time, I don't, because of how much I've loved playing through this storyline. I have never loved Hoenn as a region sooo much before.

ragnaroq likes this.
  13. ragnaroq

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I understand this ^^ I really cried twice until this time, dem feels :')

Also, after buying Omega Ruby and a week of procrastination, I decided to advance in my adventure and finally got the 6th badge, until now everything is great, filled with nostalgia but also sheer awesome because all the improvements, like flying to any route, the incredible DexNav and hidden Pokémon mechanics, the cute Rival battle theme, Norman as your father being proud after you defeat him, all of these bring back sweet memories and also make want to play more and more and more XD

14. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    I'm still hunting for shiny Swablu, about 500 hoards in. Still nothing, and it makes me worry that my game has a really low chance of finding a shiny. I'll keep going though, that's what I do.

ragnaroq likes this.
  15. ragnaroq

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Cheer up! Your time will come, I haven't gotten shinies, but when I fill the Pokédex and get the shiny charm I think it will be more easy :) (still hard tough, but a extremely hard).

Good luck finding your Shiny Swablu :D

16. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Indeed, finding shinies can be a chore sometimes but it's worth it in the end. It'll be on my team once I get it. I'm really hyped and hope I get it soon. All you guys loving OR/AS?

ragnaroq likes this.
  17. ragnaroq

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I would marry with my Omega Ruby cartridge, but since it's a digital version, I'll marry with my 2DS insted. We really love each other :3

18. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Indeed, it's such an amazing game. Everything is perfect <3 The music is gorgeous too, can't help but love these games.

ragnaroq likes this.
  19. Wingmaster

Wingmaster The Tides of Destiny

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I'm going to be completely serious with you guys: ORAS might be great, but X/Y sucked.

20. ragnaroq

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I actually loved X/Y because of the customization and was the first to put models completely in 3D of Pokémon (Black and White was pseudo-3D I think).

But everyone have their opinion :) I love both tough, ORAS and X/Y (I accept I'm loving ORAS more than X/Y)