1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Union Room - For general chatting about Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Pixil, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,020.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Is anyone else watching this year's Pokémon worlds VGC? I've been looking forward to it all year and the weekend have finally come.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    VGC was really interesting to watch this year. I was really surprised to see things like Nature Power Whimsicott, Brick Break Alolan Marowak, Tail Glow Xurkitree, Supersonic Skystrike Gyarados, and Choice Scarf Soak Tapu Fini.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,020.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    The choice Scraft Soak Tapu Fini was one of the best imo, it took the opponent off guard, as well as Nature Power Whimsicott since iirc they sais that mon usually don't carry damaging moves.

4. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    I've got a question. Why did you guys nuke Eevee on here?

5. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,020.7
    You'll have to ask someone that actually deal with the catcher like an admin, most of the staff have nothing to do with it when it comes to adding and removing pokémon and are in the same boat as regular members.

6. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Does anyone here like Vaporeon?
    Tell me few things about it.

7. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Heck yeah, I like Vaporeon! That one's my favorite gen 1 Eeveelution! It looks so unique compared to all the other ones, since you don't see a lot of mermaid-esque mammals in any series really.

8. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Vaporeon was the shizzle back in gen one. I always had to have it. Nowadays, I have other favorites that pick for an Eeveelution team, but it still has a special place.

Nuke Eevee? How come?

9. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,020.7
    Vaporeon was OP in Gen 1 along with Jolteon,I usually had a Jolteon on my team because crits.

10. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I caved in and pre-ordered Ultra Moon the other day. Because every time I try to get a game I really want on launch day, it's almost always sold out, ha ha. :sweat:

11. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,020.7
    That's never been a problem here although I still pre-order but I think I'll wait a bit since the release is not till November. Not sure which to play first yet since I will be getting both versions.

12. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    I am only going to get US at first. I want to see what is going on and if I like it enough to make it my new main game for this gen. Then I would need UM too, if USM is good for challenge runs.

13. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,020.7
    I hope they are, meaning I hope they don't start out as sloe because SM was pretty bad on that point imo.

14. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    No kidding, it takes over an hour to be done with all the tutorial stuff, even if you rush through it like a maniac.

15. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,020.7
    Yeah, that's just too long even if is meant to help new people is still too much.

16. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Even with the minimal tutorial, we could figure it out perfectly fine. Mostly. I wish I could read English then.

17. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,020.7
    Yeah, when the Gen 1 games got released I barely knew any English and certainly not enough to actually understand it, some thing took while to figure but hey I still cleared the game. But they did actually help me learn English.

18. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    That is certainly true. They were my starting point.

19. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,020.7
    Video games in general helped me more with English than the classes at school, Pokémon being the one that helped me the most since it was the first game where I really started playing attention to the text.

20. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    Does anyone here love reading Pokémon Adventures? I feel like I'm the only one who reads that Manga.