1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Union Room - For general chatting about Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Pixil, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Wingmaster

Wingmaster The Tides of Destiny

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    X/Y had a wasted storyline, backstory, after E4/Champion, and soundtrack. I'm going to say this right here: Battle Chatelaine music? Completely wasted. They only got the E4 theme, and the entire Emma thing with Looker was so pointless.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I think X/Y was really weak compared to OR/AS, I really don't miss it at all. :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I loved the Looker and Emma quests.. a lot. Saddens me that some people dislike it but to each their own so ah wells. Looker's just a really captivating character to me in general! That entire story hardly felt much like Pokémon (in a good way).

But ORAS are really good games, so many new features to tinker with in the bottom screen too. It's one of the most complete main series games. <3

4. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Looker is by far my favorite Pokémon character, he's so cool! His theme is awesome and I remember thinking he was awesome back in Platinum. When he came back in Black and White I was so happy!

Does anyone remember the Magnemite Coil back in B/W2, where you traded Magnemites through GTS to get people in join Avenue?

5. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    Looker is okay I guess hehe. Not my favorite but, he is pretty silly and has quite the personality. :)

Huh whaa? I've never heard of that before ._.

6. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    It was pretty popular, kinda like Wonder Trade Wednesday. Those little fads that usually come from Youtube or tumblr. Poor Wifi being dead on all the old games. </3

7. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Yeah its a shame wifi connection is lost for all the old DS and some wii games. Their use was declining with all the new game connectivity so it was only a matter of time sadly. Though on the bright side, the PSS in XY was a really convenient touch. As for the magnemite trading, I don't even remember that. Join Avenue in general seemed kind of taboo to me, kind of like a random market they just decided to slap into the middle of a route.

I'm kind of sad though that character customizations aren't in ORAS since that was probably my favorite feature in XY, but now that I think about it, if character customizations were in ORAS, it would lead the gameplay astray from the originals, since there wasn't any character customization then.

Have any of you guys tried chaining for shinies with the DexNav feature? Apparently its a lot easier since you can control your chain easier using the automatic Pokémon search that pops up once you caught that Pokémon. I haven't had any successful attempts, but it really helps getting Hidden Ability Pokémon!

8. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Personally I'm glad it's gone. It would look super tacky and weird in X/Y. I can't imagine Brendan or May looking like that since they are super popular protagonists unlike the X/Y ones. x_x

9. thunder2910

thunder2910 Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.6
    Eh, I never really cared about character customisation anyway

10. Pokechu

Pokechu Hex Maniac

Belle
    (Buneary)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽69.6
    Haven't played my AS in a few days tbh :c

I was about to go in the 8th gym, but it was closed for some reason so I just put it up and haven't played since.
    Team was Blaziken, Lopunny, Breloom, Audino, Sylveon, and Crobat.

11. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Huh, perhaps you went there too early. I remember that you have to do the whole Primal Kyogre/Primal Groudon event before battling Wallace (8th Gym Leader). His gym should open up again once the weather is clear and you solved all the chaos in the cave of origin.

The thing with character customizations is that it let you make your trainer more unique and personalized. I always had a blast switching outfits and try outing different styles with my trainer and then seeing how the looked in battle. Though yet again, with ORAS bases, your trainer icon is the same one you chose for your PSS icon, so in a way that is another substitute to showcase your trainer preference. For example, my trainer is an aroma lady, which I'm sure a few of you already knew that. =p

12. xOnlineSavage

xOnlineSavage Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    I just recently started on my omega ruby playthrough after I beat alpha sapphire and I have found a taillow that knows Boomburst has anyone else gotten this kind of luck because I know only noivern used to be able to learn boomburst

13. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Taillow can learn boomburst as an egg move, so you can find it through the pokenav, I have one too.

14. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I finally got access to the Crescent Isle (thanks to Streetpass, yay!) so now I begin my hunt for a Modest shiny Cresselia!

15. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I really miss trainer customization, is something I'd been waiting forever for. But maybe it'll return in other games since it does make sense that you can't mess around with your trainer's look in ORAS.

Good luck! //send shiny vibes

16. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    I heard that Trainer Customization was specifically only intended to be for X&Y, they said something about how Kalos is based off of France which is apparently more into fashion, lmao ... well, I was really sad at first to hear that customization was not in ORAS, but I got over it. May is super adorable, I absolutely love her design. Though I did like being unique from other players, but it's alright. c;

17. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    I was wondering how come that feature never made it into the remakes. But it makes sense.

I like that you can breed two Pokémon relatively early-ish in OR/AS. A pity that the usual 'egg-run' has been revamped, though. I turned up at Mauville and instantly got lost.

18. Cay

Cay Ultralight Beam

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.0
    I understand the whole french fashion thing, but that ability was one of my favorite things about XY ;c White hair would be nice, haha.

Wait, the breeding center is in Mall-ville? that's certainly very strange, lmao. I wish it'd be on an open route in the outdoors xD

19. Steamlined

Steamlined Jack of all trades

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Well, it's not in Mauville itself, it's on the route just outside. The route it's on isn't exactly great for running back and forth breeding though. People keep walking into my way, and it's really short. :/

20. thunder2910

thunder2910 Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.6
    Its a pity that they had to shut-down the games corner, I hardly used it but for others who did it must have been a disappointment