1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Union Room - For general chatting about Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Pixil, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Ohhh, that's the original. Well, I hope you have fun with it nonetheless...the Go Rock Squad is pretty colourful. Like a prototype Team Skull, you might say.

I wonder if the events would still work? I remember you could get a Manaphy Egg from the first two Ranger games, and I think a Deoxys was locked behind a multiplayer mission on the third.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,639.1
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Ah well, I'll see when I get time to play it!

(btw @Dawn do you wanna share your Switch friend code? :3 asking here since i can't message you or access your profile)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Let us know how you get on :o
    I've not played a Pokémon game in ages, actually...I DO have Eevee on preorder, but I will probably cancel it because I despise motion controls with every fibre of my being and don't appreciate being forced to use them.

(I was gonna post in the Switch FC thread at some stage xD)

4. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,639.1
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I'll be sure to do so!

I'll play it I think but I'm a lot more hyped by the 2019 one. Tho how simplified Let's Go is does kinda suck, but at least we know it's for a good reason.

5. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I don't mind simplified gameplay honestly, what puts me off is that there is literally no reason for the games to be motion controlled only other than "because the developer said so" which is basically "we couldn't be bothered, too bad!". I mean, I'm pretty sure the devs of Mario Odyssey wanted you to use the motion controls in that, but they didn't force you to use them if you wanted to play the game...they just reminded you of them every time you booted it up or acquired a new ability with infuriating pop-ups and prompts. But that's better than making them the only option.

These things just do not work as well as proper button controls and are not fun. It's depressing to say the least...I just hope they either leave them out of the 2019 title entirely or make them purely optional. Player choice should not be sacrificed on a developer's whim.

6. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,639.1
    Yeah I don't really like motion controls for something else than a gyroscopic camera. Like how the heck are you gonna catch Pokémon in places where you can't just take your joycon off and move it.

7. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I *think* in handheld mode all you need to do is move the Switch around to aim and then press a button, but...ugh, gyroscopic controls. Those are the worst kind of motion controls for how horrendously sensitive and/or inaccurate they are. It just...doesn't work. It's also extremely insensitive to people with mobility issues who want to play these games - they're quite literally inaccesible to them.

I'm still hoping something will be patched in between now and release, though. There HAS to have been some backlash to this.

8. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    In the past two days I've ran into 3 random shiny Pokémon in USUM: a Passimian, a Wingull, and a Roggenrola. The Shiny Charm rolls are real rn X_X

9. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I've had some luck but a not whole lot since SS

10. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    The only shiny I've seen in over a decade is an Alola Rattata...I've never had very good luck with these things, and zero patience to hunt when it's pure RNG as to whether you find anything or not.

11. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I've seen a shiny zigzagoon in gen 3 and a shiny pidove in gen 5, but in the end, I didn't keep either one of them X3

12. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    My first shiny was a Whismur in Gen 3! I lost it when my copy of X corrupted and cost me everything I had ;w;

I had/have a vague dream of making a shiny living dex, but god it'd take far too long. RNG in Pokémon is...awful.

13. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Ooo, our random shiny encounters? Mine was a Growlithe in White 2. I was in the Virbank City outskirts (whatever that place was) and all of a sudden I saw a golden Growlithe. I lost my shit at that moment because it was my first natural shiny encounter.

14. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,971.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    My first none static shiny was a Rattata in Crystal, I leveled it to like 70s because it was my first even it was a pretty bad mon.

15. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,639.1
    Here's the story of mine!

16. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,971.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Shiny Magcargo is kinda meh to me really why couldn't it also be that silver color or stay in the greyscale? While is by no means a bad shiny is just such a huge change from Slugma.

17. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    After years of wondering what was up with Eusine's name (he's the guy looking for Suicune in Crystal/Heartgold/Soulsiver, for those who don't know), I have just finally realized that its an anagram of Suicune. I can't belief it took me this long to notice.

FedoraMelody likes this.
  18. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I can't find the video anymore but there's a guy who explains that his shiny actually makes a lot of sense. If the magma actually were as hot as the Pokédex says it is, the magma would actually be purple. So I guess in that sense it's pretty cool.

19. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,971.7
    'cept is a gen 2 so is not even done on purpose iirc, pretty sure I read somewhere in the past they used something to generate a pokémon's shiny colors instead of picking them like they've done with Gen 6 and up. I need to see if I can find that since I'm 95% sure colors of shiny pokémon from gen 5 and below are done different than Gen 6+.

20. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    True, none of the early shinies were done on purpose. In that case it was just a happy coincidence, but still, it's kind of cool that real-life science matches up like that. Don't see that too often in Pokémon