1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Unova Misfits profiles

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by The-Irish-Clover, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The-Irish-Clover

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Top of the morning to you. I'm The Irish Clover.

I'm new here to this forum, just to say, so I thought it is best to start by introducing some OCs here.

So that said, let's begin... introducing, the Unova Misfits.

Name: Joey
    Species: Snivy
    Ability: Overgrow
    Nature: Naughty

Moveset: Vine Whip, Wrap, Giga Drain, Leaf Tornado

Description: Joey is a naughty, yet adventurous Snivy. His naughtiness is emphasised as he hits on ladies and likes to loot things from caves and abandoned houses. He'll sometimes get into bad or comical situations. However he's a very loyal Pokémon to use in battle, and will kill to go on an adventure or two. Joey often dozes off when he's not battling and just plain bored.

Joey's father was killed during a gruesome battle, and then her mother was gone too after a hunter was seeking their race. When he meets the Unova Misfits, Joey realises that even the weakest of Pokémon are able to find their strength and play hero.

Name: Lazzo
    Species: Patrat
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Nature: Serious

Moveset: Cut, Crunch, Hypnosis, Thunderbolt

Description: A pure tomboy and practical leader of the group, Lazzo is a stable person in the group. She tries to keep Joey and the rest of the group on task. She can take a joke or two, but not when in a serious situation that can lead to being killed. Sometimes though she does act mischievous, often picking on her enemies in a joke-ish manner.

Her bad mood is emphasised when it comes to her parents. They wanted a boy Patrat, but when they found her the opposite gender, it repelled them so much that they didn't treat her fairly, but instead laughed at her for that trait.

And as we speak, Lazzo is also very bad at singing. Her attempt to sing once killed an Audino.

She'd be a mere Patrat, but cross her, and the outcome is your head straight off.

Name: Monka
    Species: Panpour
    Ability: Gluttony
    Nature: Rash

Moveset: Water Gun, Lick, Water Sport, Surf

Description: Thoughtless and impetuous, Monka is quick to flee. Born in the Dreamyard near Striation City. He's rather dim and retarded, and is rather oblivious to events that occur, like when repel is used and it gives a foul stench! Think of Ralph from the Simpsons, only that he's a monkey that absorbs and shoots water.

Name: Hamm
    Species: Munna
    Ability: Synchronize
    Nature: Mild

Moveset: Psybeam, Moonlight, Imprison, Hypnosis

Description: Basically the timid guy of The Unova Misfits. He is named after the character from the Toy Story series. Comes from expectedly the Dreamyard near Striation City, he is often worried that bad things would happen to him at any time. When he fights, he's scared stiff that he lets out Psybeams in shock (and against his will). Deep down, he wishes to be big and strong like the one Musharna who cares for the yard.

Name: Pauline
    Species: Pidove
    Ability: Super Luck
    Nature: Naive

Moveset: Fly, Quick Attack, Air Cutter, Roost

Description: Pauline is the key Pokémon for flying and taking her friends to places high up and or unreachable by just walking or jumping. She is known to be perfectly naïve, for example, having little to no experience with battling. Pauline loves arts and crafts, and would kill to find one of the most artistic things known to man. She also gets along well with Lazzo. She also has a good taste of fashion, shown by the flower and necklace that she wears.

Name: Jonny
    Species: Timburr
    Ability: Guts
    Nature: Bold

Moveset: Rock Throw, Hammer Arm, Brick Break, Low Kick

Description: Jonny's birthplace is at Pinwheel Forest where Snivy lived. He loves his block of timber like it is his son. Jonny has a strong will, and his motivation is to keep strong and beefy to keep bringing honor to his fellow Timburrs. Also he has a slight dislike for Tympoles as he knows them to fill up the outer area of the forest and to dogpile anyone who arrives here. Even if he evolves to Gurdurr, and even Conkeldurr, Jonny will not let go of his beloved wood block.

And yes, this guy is based off Jonny from Ed Edd n' Eddy.

Name: Samael
    Species: Deino
    Ability: Hustle
    Nature: Naive

Moveset: DragonBreath, Flamethrower, Crunch, Roar

Description: Samael was just born from an egg after a little unwanted intimacy involving a stalking Ditto and Joey. Joey had been fond of Samael even when he was just in his egg. Samael is somewhat of a clown, and hasn't even learned to speak yet. He tends to get along with anyone, including Ice Pokémon, Insect Pokémon and Fairy Pokémon. Unova will tremble once Samael becomes a great and powerful Hydreigon.

What do you people think? Is it good, or is it bad? If there is anything you would like to say about these characters, just go ahead and say. I allow any form of criticism, and whatever suggestions you may have to improve these members. Because hey, nobody likes a Mary Sue, and neither do I.

JirachiWish likes this.
  2. JirachiWish

JirachiWish You only get two wishes

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    There are great characters! My favorite is Joey. :) I like the history about all the characters.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. The-Irish-Clover

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Thank you. :)

I'm nearly done drawing each of the seven members. I have six uploaded to my deviantART gallery so far, but I've barely started on Samael yet.

4. 7Demented

7Demented Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽119.6
    Your characters are definitely interesting; however I feel they don't have a whole lot of info behind them. You did describe their personalities, and a short backstory, but I still feel like they're kind of flat. Plus some of their personality traits seem to conflict with one another.

I will admit that Pauline is my favorite out of these.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    They look great so far! :) Like 7Demented mentioned, it'd be nice to see a little more backstory for each character, and maybe how they all came together? :) I also liked that you mentioned that a few are loosely based on a few canon characters- a lot of people don't do that, and it just makes them look like they are ripping off another character. Keep up the good work, I'd love to see you join some RPs with these characters- such as Johto's Rebirth! :D

6. The-Irish-Clover

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Thanks for your criticism, you two.

I'll see how much more personality and backstory I can write into the seven. I've been somewhat struggling a bit to write up how they all came together on top of it. But I'll find a way, hopefully.

Thanks again. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.