1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Weekly Prompt Thread

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by WavePearl, Jun 1, 2013.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    Your prompt this week:

What lore do you think the Pokeworld may have about eclipses?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Long ago, before the age of the Great Pokémon World War, Arceus created two Pokémon to govern: Solgaleo to rule the day, and Lunala to rule the night. Many times passed as the two danced in harmony, keeping the planet warm on all sides while also providing relief. Eventually, Solgaleo and Lunala began to tire of this endless waltz, so they fashioned two Pokémon to temporarily take their place: Solrock and Lunatone. However, the fierce beasts of land and sea, Groudon and Kyogre, saw this and overwhelmed Solgaleo and Lunala with their fierce hatred, causing the newly-formed Solrock and Lunatone to war against each other, attempting to block each other from their duties. Arceus and Rayquaza saw this and intervened quickly, pacifying the gods of land and sea as well as the sun and moon. He then caused the moon in the sky to shift slightly so that what we now know as solar and lunar eclipses occur to remind us of the devastation of hatred, as well as to soothe the souls of Solrock and Lunatone.

Sorry if it's not very good... that's just basically everything that came off the top of my head when I read the prompt. ^_^;;;

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #282 Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  3. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Hey @WavePearl Hope you can forgive me for interrupting. But since you haven't posted a Weekly Prompt, I thought that I could step in for your absence. My thoughts and prayers are with those people in Texas and Louisiana that have been affected by the nasty flooding going on down there.

So your prompt this week:

There was a very bad storm that hit your character's home. How do they recover? Do they help with the relief efforts?

4. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @BraviaryScout

Actually, my PC's hard drive died, so I had to buy a new one--I've been following the hurricane on the news, though.

5. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    @WavePearl

You're alive! Oh okay. Glad you're back online :D

Sorry if I interrupted whatever prompt you had in mind

6. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
  7. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    Your prompt this week:

It's time to celebrate!

8. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    Your prompt this week:

Never forget...

Tell about an event (good or bad) your characters will not forget.

9. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    Your prompt this week:

Your characters start a band--what kind of music do they play? Who's in the band, and who plays what?

10. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    Your prompt this week:

Fall is in the air, and that means Leppa Berries and Punkin Berry spice lattes!

11. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    Your prompt this week:

Your character's favorite show is interrupted at the pivotal moment (not necessarily by a news report!)

What preempted their show? Do they find another show?

12. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    Your prompt this week:

What do you think would happen if your Pokémon came along to the grocery store?

13. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    Your prompt this week:

I hate writer's block....

14. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    Your prompt this week, inspired by Super Mario Odyssey:

What would your characters do on a trip around the world?

15. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    Your prompt this week:

I shouldn't have watched that scary movie...

16. Runo20

Runo20 Tuber

Chief
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.4
    "Nope, nope, nope," I mutter under my breath as I turn off the TV, toss the remote onto the couch and fumble my way through the darkness of my house, all the while hearing my Litten yawn as he got up and followed me. "I shouldn't have done that. I should not have done that." I hiss as I bump my bare foot against a chair leg. I stop to grab my toe and rub it gingerly before forging onward.

So I enter the corridor, and I’m not calm. Not at all. That corridor is long. Like The Shining long. All it’s missing is the Grady twins.

I get out my phone, turn on its flashlight app, and sweep the beam across the wall and ceiling. No monsters on the ceiling. No hands poking out from the walls. I am relieved. I make my way to the bathroom on the other end, open the door, repeat the sweep, and am satisfied that there isn’t a serial killer hiding behind the shower curtain with a gimp mask and a machete. I turn on the bathroom lights, turn off the phone light, and proceed to clean myself up for bed while Litten sits on the floor and licks his paws.

It is just when I’m in the middle of brushing my teeth and spitting the paste down the sink, when I glance up at the mirror and scream, scaring Litten into a jump.

“Haunter!” I shout as my Ghost-type Pokémon pushes his way out of the mirror. “Seriously! Don’t do that.” Haunter responds by pulling his lips open and sticking his tongue out and blowing a raspberry.

I leave the bathroom in a stomp. I throw myself into bed. I feel Litten burrow under the covers near my legs. “Goodnight y’all,” I mumble as I turn off the bedside lamp, blanketing the room in darkness.

A minute later, maybe two, I hear knocking at my apartment front door.

I pop my head out from under the covers. “Cut that out, Haunter!”

The knocking stops.

Half an hour passes, give or take. I can’t sleep. The movie is still on my mind. It becomes more frightening the more I think of it, of the thought of that girl in the shift scuttling across the floor on all fours, her face pale and her eyes wide as she makes her death-rattle. The knocking returns. Louder and more insistently.

I reach out and turn the lamp on again. I peek out from under my covers and see Haunter in front of me.

“You’re not making that sound?” I ask in a whisper.

Haunter nods nervously. He’s wringing his hands and lickings his lips as he glances to the open doorway, where the darkness held reign instead of the warm glow of an incandescent lightbulb.

The knocking becomes a scratching, sounds of claws running down wood frantically. Haunter darts into the walls. I fight between the urge to turn off the lamp and hide back under the covers, and the curiosity to find out what was making the noises.

Curiosity wins a baffling victory over fear. I get up and pad out to the front door.

Litten doesn’t join me.

Scaredy cat. Knew I should have gotten a Poochyena.

Stopping before my front door, I hesitate, imagining that behind that door there is an abnormally tall mannequin in a suit with tentacles.

I open the front door.

“Amy?”

My fellow tenet from several rooms down looks at me nervously while her Vulpix settles back on her haunches, satisfied that her scratching has successfully summoned me to their aid. Amy’s in her pyjamas, and she’s tightly clutching a pillow in both hands. In the dim light outside, she is cutting a fragile figure. “Mind if we come in?” She asks in the hushed silence, glancing both ways cautiously. “Was watching a horror movie, and we can’t get any sleep now.”

I blink and rub my eyes. “Sure,” I say tiredly. “That makes two of us.”

Guess the prompt worked, huh?

BraviaryScout and WavePearl like this.
  17. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @Runo20

That was very good! I wonder what it was your character watched?

18. Runo20

Runo20 Tuber

Chief
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.4
    When I wrote it I wanted it to be ambiguous and referenced several famous horror archetypes to make it clear that the protagonist's seen quite a lot of horror flicks.

But if I had to pick, I'd say he was watching the Grudge that night. Amy was watching Psycho.

WavePearl likes this.
  19. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    Your prompt this week:

Ah, the holidays, a time of good cheer and family visits.

Your characters are off to visit relatives for the holidays--will it be an enjoyable trip, or pure torture?

20. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    Your prompt this week:

The next installment of a favorite series your characters like gets its latest installment--and your characters are first in line in the midnight release.