1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Wii Rant

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Ekatjames96, Nov 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ekatjames96

Ekatjames96 Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    So, I'm an old school Wii user, and the fact that the Wii U came out didn't bother me, until Nintendo shut down the internet FOR ALL NON Wii U GAMES. i was like anger and disappoint and sorrow. I think Nintendo should've kept the servers for these games, and just make a separate server for the Wii U.

But this is only my opinion, what are your opinions?
    What do you think Nintendo shoud have done?
    And, lastly, What was your favorite Wii, but not Wii U game?
    Mine is Smash Bros and Pokémon Revolution, even though I screwed up my Pokémon download. XD

2. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    When it was first announced that the Wii servers were going down, I was a little upset that I would no longer be able to play Brawl, Pokémon Battle Revolution, or Mario Kart Wii online without having to resort to private servers. I'm not really too bothered, though; I didn't play online very much otherwise, and don't own many wi-fi compatible Wii games as it is. In fact, my buddies and I tend to do more N64 multiplayer via Project64 + Hamachi than we used to with any game on the Wii! I use mine as a second Gamecube, really, due to not having a large collection of Wii games on hand. I'm not bothered by the loss of the DSi/Lite servers either, as I never used any of the Pokémon Black & White online features other than the GTS and Dream World. The Wii was still a fun console, though, and there are definitely some great gems for it; Super Mario Galaxy, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Sonic Colors are particular favorites of mine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I was all right with the GTS going down until I realized that it meant that I couldn't hack Pokémon anymore.
    The Wii is a decent system with a whole bunch of crappy games that you need to weed out of the good ones. My favorite Wii Game is probably Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Mario Kart Wii.
    I totally understand why Nintendo didn't keep the GTS up. It would've cost them extra money for something that they didn't really need to invest in anymore. It just makes sense to me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Eirokaj

Eirokaj Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    ^ Basically what JudgeSceptiled stated on why Nintendo discontinued the Wii's GTS.

Hearing about they pulled the plug on the Wii's internet connectivity really didn't affect me at all honestly. The only game that I've played online on the Wii was Super Smash Bros. Brawl anyway (and that was a few years back).

5. XxGinger-the-starxX

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I didn't use the internet for the Wii stuff but it is rather shameful that gad happened. I wonder why they did it. Yeah it means that people would have to by the Wii U to go internet cometituve for the games but, I wonder if it is something more. Maybe it takes valuable resources to do it. I mean having all those games with wifi was bound to crash something at Nintendo IR some sort of damage. But if that was the case then why didn't they do it sooner. I'm probably looking into this way to much. Bottom line its a shame that happened and Nintendo loves money.

6. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Also, Gamespy ran those servers, and GameSpy shut down, so it was a good time to get rid of the service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.