1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Theories?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Champloon, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Champloon

Champloon Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Hey, anyone know of some theories going around in the games and anime? I already know about the "N is a Zoroark", the "Coma" and the "Eternal Happiness" theories. I find these theories very interesting, and I was curious if anyone knew of any others.

2. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    There's a theory that Ditto came about through failed cloning experiments with Mew. The evidence people point to is that they're both pink (probably the weakest), and Mewtwo was mentioned as the only successful clone attempt, implying there were others. Mew and Ditto are the only two Pokémon that can learn Transform, and they have the exact same weight of 8.8lbs. In Yellow and the Gen 3 remakes, Ditto is found in the Cinnabar Mansion where it was implied Mewtwo was created. Mew is said to have the DNA of every single Pokémon, while Ditto can copy the DNA of all Pokémon as well as being able to breed with everything that can possibly breed, and finally both Mew and Ditto have the same number for every one of their base stats, with Mew having every one be 100 and Ditto 48, the reduction in Ditto coming about as a side effect since the cloning failed. None of this is officially confirmed but its one of the more logical theories about Pokémon.

3. Champloon

Champloon Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. Stupid me >.<

4. Potatrobot

Potatrobot Resident Potato

PokéPoints:
    ₽42.0
    It's theorised that Kabutops is closely related to Genesect. They are the only Pokémon known to exist 300 million years ago, and given that they are both arthropods and quoted to be very aggressive hunters, it's not a bad theory. Kabutops is based off a trilobite, considered to be the ancestor of all arthropods such as insects, crustaceans, and arachnids. Kabutops may well be the ancestor of every bug-type in the game, not to mention the crustaceans too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Champloon

Champloon Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Oh, I see...that's pretty interesting...

6. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Let's see...
    There's the "Gengar is Clefable's shadow" one
    And the thing with the disappearing girl on the Marvelous Bridge in gen V
    Those are about the most common, not mentioned before ones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Well, the Pokémon War is the one I find most interesting. Other than that, Gary's Raticate hasn't been mentioned.

8. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Gary's Raticate is the one I find the most interesting. Just the entire possibility that you could have gone through a Pokémon game as the "bad guy" interests me.

The other one I like would be the one that says that Giratina is the Pokémon devil. That one makes a lot of sense to me, and I could see it being true... It's called the Renegade Pokémon, and the Poke'Dex entries say that it was banished to the reverse world because of some violence it caused. One argument I saw was that the devil was damned for rebellion. Believe it or not, the vast majority of rebellions are extremely violent. There are even hints of the "devil's number" being there. In one form it has six wings, six ribs, and six spikes. In the other it has six spikes, six legs, and six ribs. 666 works both ways. The only real hole I see in this theory is that the Reverse World gave Giratina a job. I don't know much about Christianity, but I don't think the devil had a job assigned to him when he was damned to hell, did he?

9. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Well, in Christianity, Satan kind of took up the job of making this world imperfect. The only hole I see is that most of Japan is Shintoism, I believe it is.

And to add onto the Giratina theory, remember that Arceus is like the Pokémon 'God', and the creation trio is like angels. I mean, 2 of them stayed loyal, just like 2/3 of the angels in the Bible stayed loyal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.