1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

    Login or Sign Up

Things in people that annoy you

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Pokémist, Nov 13, 2018.

  1. Pokémist

    Pokémist Trashcan

    smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2015
    Posts:
    1,853
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Sometimes when you meet people, they do some annoying things. What are the things that people do annoys you? Or do you hate how some people act?


    I hate when people force their opinions on others. Like its okay to have a different perspective but hey, its wrong to force it on other people.

    I also hate people who comments on people every single time. I have classmates who keep on saying "hey look how's she dressed". Let them dress, behave or do things they like.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Jupjami likes this.
  2. Gazi

    Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    Joined:
    May 27, 2018
    Posts:
    1,424
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I get easily annoyed by perky, giggly, optimistic social butterflies...probably because they're the exact opposite of me.
    I also get annoyed when people that I barely know initiate physical contact, like a hand on my shoulder or arm. I am not a touchy feely person around my family, why would I be one around people that I can barely ever remember the names of?
    Another thing that annoys me is that a few months ago I had a bit of a mental shut down at a group gathering. Things were happening that I didn't know how to react to, so even though I was still really aware of what was going on, I just kind of stopped reacting to it. Ever since then, whenever I show any kind of confusion or uncertainty with this group, this one lady starts handling me with kid-gloves. I know she's just trying to help, but if I'm confused about something, he talking to me like I'm already freaking out just frustrates me, and makes it even more likely that I will end up freaking out. Especially when she puts a hand on my arm, which she often does.
     
  3. Dawn

    Dawn La vie est drôle

    Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2014
    Posts:
    1,394
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,128.7
    It'd be faster for me to just say that people irritate me, but for the sake of specifics that I encounter far too frequently for my liking...

    - People who don't say what they mean. I have very little patience for people who dance around the issue at hand, or try to "subtly" make a point without seeming to, so they can profess to innocence when you catch on to what they're trying to say without seeming like they said it. It's cowardly and annoying. Say what you mean, mean what you say, and deal with the consequences honestly...or hell, don't. Just say it and let the other person deal with it. This is on par with lying to me...in some respects it's even worse. It's also extremely manipulative and cruel because if the other person DOESN'T catch on it can fuel all kinds of paranoia and generally depressing thoughts. It's hard when you find out someone you like doesn't like you, for example, but at least if they tell you upfront you know and you can deal with it. If they never do and just laugh at you behind your back, whilst alluding to it constantly in conversation, stringing you along...yeah. It's not OK.

    - People who get offended over a difference of opinion. Attacking and trying to censor someone just because they have a different view on something that they wish to share? I get so tired of this on the internet. When someone disagrees, the "in your opinion" card comes out, and woe betide you if you try and rationally express yourself from your own individual perspective. You're trying to claim your opinion is fact. You're trying to be edgy. You're WRONG. This is a stance I see taken so many times, and it annoys me. Not only because it's belittling, but because it's isolating and it effectively kills a conversation. It's narrow-minded and VERY tiresome, and honestly sometimes it makes me want to withdraw from the world again, or just never speak to anyone, because there is literally no point in talking to these kinds of people. Everyone is entitled to express themselves. Whether you like it or not is immaterial.

    - People who make assumptions and assume they are correct without ever bothering to clarify. This is mostly in relation to gender stereotypes - I hate people judging me based on how I look; expecting me to behave a certain way because of it, etc - but it's also a general thing with varying degrees. We all have to make assumptions because otherwise we would literally never get anywhere in conversation or society in general, but some people step well over the line into outright presumption. Don't judge everyone by yourself. Not everyone thinks the way you do, and just because one thing may appear to be true, it does not follow that something else is because of it. Your logic is your logic; it is not everyone else's.

    - Generally, people who can't accept individuality and go out of their way to express their dissatisfaction with a person. This is a broad topic that covers a wide range of things, but I think that even if people don't like or cannot accept an aspect of a person, they should at least show a modicum of respectful tolerance, or at least practice indifference. Attacking people for not fitting their specifications of what a person "should" be like is something that is very common in society today and it saddens and irritates me in equal measure. Deal with it or don't, but don't expect people to change for you.

    ...and yes, I realise that last point could be considered hypocrisy in relation to the other things I've stated that I don't like, but god knows I've never pretended to be perfect, and I don't expect people to change for me. I tolerate or ignore the people that I can't get on with...it's not that difficult. There are always going to be people you don't get along with for whatever reason...I am often "that person" for people in fact, because I am very direct and uncompromising in my opinions. But diversity makes life interesting, and as long as people are respectful on a basic level, there's no reason why you can't at least politely tolerate even those who embody the most infuriating characteristics in a person to you.

    Maybe it's that lack of respect for other people exhibited in a variety of behaviours including and beyond the ones I've listed that really irritates me.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Pari

    Pari poyo

    Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2014
    Posts:
    4,784
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Something about people that really annoys me is when they're always negative about something. I don't like cynical people. The world is bad enough as it is, no need to make it more so. Also, it kills conversation when someone comes in and keeps complaining about everything and that's all they talk about.

    Another thing I dislike in people is when they always, no matter what they're saying, come off as condescending. There's no reason to be rude for.. no reason? You just look like a jerk. Just because someone doesn't know something doesn't make them inferior or whatever.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Absolute Zero likes this.
  5. Absolute Zero

    Absolute Zero The second seal

    Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2015
    Posts:
    2,184
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Aww man, I am going to seem so shallow here. But here it goes! The things in people that annoy me most are the things that compel these people to do these things:

    - Adult men who wear white socks with formal clothes. If you're not wearing jeans, your socks should match your pants: blue with blue, black with black, brown with brown, no exemption. This really sets me off. Bonus negative points: wearing brown shoes with black slacks. That is a sin.

    - Anyone with a buzz-cut mohawk. It's not cool, you're not a warrior who needs to prevent being scalped, just go for the all-over buzz cut or adopt the full punk rock image and actually get the complete shaved-sides mohawk with an inhuman dye color, but don't do the buzz-hawk.

    - People who eat the cores of apples. Okay, one one hand it might seem like a waste not to eat it, but on the other hoof, are you a horse? Just throw the core into the grass, it's entirely biodegradable! The ants and worms will love it, and you'll keep the best parts for yourself!

    - The people who are responsible for surrounding me with pop music, EDM, or Christmas music. I suppose this is more things-I-am-annoyed-by than things-that-annoy-me, but still; there is a human somewhere who can be blamed for having a personality that leads to me being exposed to any of these for more than 4 minutes at a time.

    - People who don't flush public toilets and/or don't wash their hands after. Fun fact for the day: if you wash your hands after you flush the toilet, your hands will be clean, like they should be made immediately after you did anything involving the toilet more than just pulling down your drawers!

    - People who complain about their job or school or social circle all the time. We all have bad days sometimes, I get this. But do you want to be here at all, ever? If you're seriously this miserable, quit the job or drop out of school or leave the hangout. You're just bringing the rest of us down. Until then, act like you're grateful to be earning a paycheck or getting an education or to have a willing support network. There's an easy way out of these things if you hate them so much.

    - Packs of paper that aren't stapled neatly. They're rectangles! They're all the same size and dimensions! Just 8.5x11, just line them up first, staple at a 15-45 degree angle in the top left corner... GRRR!

    - People who shout (especially in curses) for no reason at all. I'm just over here minding my own business, some dude shouts "Jeremy!". I don't care who Jeremy is. "YO JEREMY!". Now I'm looking around, who is Jeremy? Is it that guy? He seems to recognize the shouter. They lock eyes. "BITCH!" The shouter runs off, giggling, having concluded his monologue like the too-cool rude-dude he is.

    - Non-doctors giving medical advice for chronic medical conditions. I've been living with this disease for how long, and you think you have the cure to my woes? Golly, I never considered that cutting out pasta, or taking a vitamin C supplement, or drinking high-pH water, or quitting coffee, or getting more sunlight, or drinking tea, or anything you might recommend will make me not be caught in an eternal spiral of physical pain and psychological misery? If only I would have tried that! Nihil sub sole novum, I have tried everything that can be done without prescription meds, you're not going fix my debilitating disease on a whim, you're just not. Drop it.

    - I absolutely hate the sense of self-centricism that makes some people mix up the terms "American" and "White American" or even just "Whtie". John comes from England. He's not a citizen, but an alien resident or something, but he's would describe himself as white and has replaced his accent since arriving here and looks like most of Portland. Luis was born and raised in LA and his family has lived in and been citizens of America for three generations, and he considers himself Latino. They're both wonderful people, but when you're describing John visually or in any other way, don't say "American like me" even if he does look like you or speak like you. Luis is American. He looks different than you and sounds different than you, but he's American. The term "American" has an equal chance of applying to anyone who looks any way and speaks any accent because people here came here from all over. "American" does not mean "similar to me", it means "American".

    - Culinary pickiness outside of health restrictions. What do you mean you don't want to try artichoke? Honestly I think it tastes like corn husk, but you should still try it. Tryyy it.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #5 Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  6. Moonstruck-Mist

    HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2017
    Posts:
    427
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    No rant because this is very, very specific. I hate people who socialize in crowds greater than five, and drag me into it. Now, this isn't a hate against people, but the people who drag others into uncomfortable crowds. I'm a small people person, and so crowds more than 5, occasionally 3 if I'm sick of people, kind of annoy me, and greatly so. Now, this isn't a good reason, and I know a lot of people are social, but I'm not. I hate crowds, and I hate parties. It's why I'm more online than anything. Well, at least I'm not some sort of monster... I just don't like those who force others into crowds.

    Oh, and people who are willing to mess with others for no apparent reason! I understand the term "bully" would be used, but this isn't bullying I'm talking about. Just the general picking on because of opinions and stereotypes disturbs me. I do it occasionally, but never intentionally. And I know I shouldn't find a problem with it, but I just do... for some reason.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Owly

    Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

    Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2017
    Posts:
    1,220
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    One of my big pet peeves is perfectly illustrated by a friend of mine. We became friends in middle school and ended up getting into the same high school, and I sit with her at lunch. She's a nice person and I enjoy spending time with her, but she - and other people like her - doesn't have an awareness of others, basically. She's the kind of person that, when walking alongside someone else, will slowly shove them to the end of the sidewalk until they're walking in the curb. She tends to talk a LOT, then pause, and as soon as I try to contribute, continue her story. When I do contribute, she completely ignores it and keeps talking about herself. (this doesn't happen all the time, but enough for it to be annoying.) She will also take my food and pens without asking - I don't mind sharing, but please ask. It's my stuff. Sometimes I don't want you taking that especially when you DON'T RETURN MY GREEN PEN. People just not paying attention to others' body language, dominating conversations, and not considering other peoples' feelings and personal space - that really annoys me.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Laserdragon14

    Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

    Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2018
    Posts:
    7,233
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Not many things annoy me, at least I think that. But here's what I have:

    1. People making a big deal about other people's relationships:
    This one really gets on my nerves cause it is none of your business who someone is going out with or who is friends with who and too many people have tried to mess with my relationships, mostly trying to get me to go out with someone else, and I just want to be left alone and I'm sure that whoever is getting pushed wants to be left alone too.​
    2. People saying nice or cool:
    It just makes it seem like that you don't really care about what I just said and that just makes me more anitsocial if I wasn't bad enough.​
    3. Someone that I don't know tells me what to do continuously:
    Alright, I'll admit that this one is something that I need to fix, but nothing urks me more than this one since, to me, it makes me think that you are seeking to control someone and I'm seemingly the easiest target to do so. Like, please leave me alone if you are not here to just talk to me and get to know me. I don't mind the first or second time but after that it starts to annoy me and this is the easiest way to get on my bad side.​
    4. People saying your name until they get your attention:
    This should be self explanitory cause who wants this to be done to them.​
    5. People assume that they know everything:
    this also should be self explanitory, no one wants to hang out with a know-it-all at the end of the day.​
    This is just a couple that I thought of immediately
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. ChocoChicken

    Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 38
    Joined:
    May 28, 2018
    Posts:
    8,289
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,110.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Two traits that really annoy me:
    - The "jock/popular person" trait. They slack off in school, annoy the hell out of me, and some of them are straight-up jerks. Heck, they slack off in CHOIR. I hate it when I'm trying to actually learn a song and they're busy playing on social media or whatever the hell they're doing, and interrupt the teacher by singing pop music every 5 seconds. Look, girl, we are NOT the bottom-tier choir class. So LEARN the darn music. I know I sound annoying, but they are disruptive to the learning environment and make me really want to bash something with something else.
    - The only thing worse is "stalker". That one creep who won't leave you alone. It doesn't have to be a creep, just a person that won't leave you alone and follow you everywhere and keep calling your name. Ugh. I had two classmates like that, one who was the happy-go-lucky-why-aren't-you-my-friend type and the literal stalker type. They just won't go away. GET OFF OUR CASE AND LEAVE.

    Apologies if I'm ranting too much.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    RadEmpoleon likes this.
  10. Jupjami

    Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

    Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    Joined:
    May 31, 2018
    Posts:
    1,835
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,707.6
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    1) People who act like they know topic even though they don't
    2) People who say a topic is too hard even if it is very easy
    3) People who keep asking same question all over again
    4) People who shout when you are annoyed
    5) People who don't answer questions

    And even more... xaxaxa
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. RadEmpoleon

    RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™ (they/them)

    Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 15
    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2018
    Posts:
    3,315
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,401.4
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    This one bothers me so much lately-
    People who overreact when I haven’t watched something. I’ll give examples: I haven’t seen High School Musical. It looks like a bad movie but it’s so bad that I haven’t seen it. I haven’t watched Mean Girls, I don’t have Netflix, I haven’t watched the office, I don’t have Spotify. I don’t know who this random Youtuber that you watch is. I honestly don’t see the problem in this. Maybe I have no interest in these things. Maybe I don’t have access to these things. This has been happening so much recently to me and people overreact that I haven’t watched these things. Well guess what people- you haven’t watched half the things I have! And I don’t overreact when you say that you’ve never watched Ducktales 2017. I don’t overreact when you say that you’ve never heard First of the Year. I don’t overreact when you say that you’ve never watched the Pokémon anime. Honestly so what if I have obscure taste in music and TV shows?
    Sorry, very long rant. This has been happening way too much to me recently.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. Cherry3Fairy

    Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2017
    Posts:
    4,807
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    I can stand people who overact!!
    And also people who cry at tiny things. I mean people like "oh no... I've got a hairfall...what am I gonna do... its so horrible...!!"
    Oh c'mon, are you baby birds??
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. Azazel

    Azazel Better count your blessings

    Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2015
    Posts:
    6,615
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I dislike people who won't communicate with you. Especially if you're friends. Communication and trust are important.

    And also I dislike people with poor hygiene or who are messy.
     
  14. Ethereal

    Ethereal LV Lurker

    Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2018
    Posts:
    1,525
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I hate when people are hypocritical.
    I also cannot stand when people can't accept other opinions, especially the ones who go out of their way to bully the hell out of the people they disagree with (and yes this does happen quite frequently, especially on social media sites like Twitter).
    Oh and so called 'pseudo intellectuals' annoy me a lot, especially how they think their opinions/tastes/etc are right and anyone who doesn't think like them are idiots. Reddit is the worst for people like this. Ugh
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Neb likes this.
  15. Neb

    Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

    AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 20
    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2018
    Posts:
    951
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,697.4
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Normally I try to see the good in everyone, but these traits make it hard sometimes. All of these are either things I’ve seen in people I met or things I’ve seen online.

    1. Acting aggressively or hypocritically when talking about sensitive issues. This is the main reason I avoid politics online. It’s frustrating when I’m trying to be open and reasonable with my opinions and all I get is hostility for even thinking the way I do. I get people are passionate about certain issues, but that shouldn’t be a reason to throw away your humanity.

    2. Baiting others into getting angry for the sole sake of a reaction. It’s immature and doesn’t accomplish anything.

    4. Not considering the other side of an argument. This coincides with the first trait. It’s easy to think your side is right, but dismissing the opposition seems counterintuitive. Especially for debates.

    5. Holding grudges on people that you’ve never talked to. I have had so many strangers at school hold grudges on me from simply hearing rumors. I’ll see someone I’ve never even met and they’ll make a nasty comment at me.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #15 Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019

Share This Page