1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Things your pets have done

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wolf Expert, Jul 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    My dog just jumped into my lap and I thought of making a thread like this!

Has a pet of yours (or someone you know) ever done something weird, amazing, scary, silly or just plain adorable? What kind of pets do you have? I have a few stories, so I'll just start off with one for now.

My dog can speak, to an extent. It's not uncommon for a dog to try to mimic the vocalizations of their owners, but she can really borderline speak. She knows how to say "out" when she wants to go outside (although she can't make the "t" sound), she says "go" when she wants to go for a walk, she says "hello" whenever someone gets home (very loudly and repeatedly), occasionally she'll say "YEAH!" when I ask her if she wants something, like a treat, and once it even sounded like she said "oh, no" when my mom threatened to spray her with the spray bottle and she went and hid under a table.

The most heartbreaking thing was the first time I came home for summer break during college. When I had to go back to school the next fall, she wasn't acting right the morning I was about to leave. I went into the living room and asked her what was wrong, she shouted "NO!" and started jumping up on me and whining. I felt so bad about leaving her.

She doesn't speak as much as she used to. She'll still say "out" or "go" pretty frequently and "hello" is kind of a newer one, but I think we've all gotten so accustomed to her nonverbals that she just doesn't need to say anything else.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,012.3
    One of my cats, sadly departed, ran into a glass down twice. We all thought that she was odd and she just let us put a craft turtle bowl on her head when me and my brother were way younger. You may also say that the cat was retarded a bit.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Wolf Expert likes this.
  3. Darcy

Darcy Strongest Blade in Valor

Eurydice
    (Brione)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,095.3
    Philosopher's CowlPsychium Z ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I remember one time when I was a little my family and I were taking my dog to the dog park, she was so excited that she jumped out the car window before we could park! I was stunned! It was really funny but also kinda scary for obvious reasons.

Besides that, she hasn't really done much. She's a very laid back dog.

Wolf Expert likes this.
  4. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    My cat likes to roll around and play in jeans. She also likes to hide under our rug sometimes.

Once, my dog and my mother were taking a walk near the downtown area. There's this store that sells bikes and some of them are on display in a glass window. But my dog thought there was no glass and he tried jumping into the display...

Bonk.

Wolf Expert likes this.
  5. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Just a few days ago, my neighbor's dog (they live on the second floor of our apartment building) jumped off of the balcony when her owner left for work. She just leapt right over the railing and hit the concrete sidewalk below. She started coughing up blood, so after a while her owner left work early to take her to the vet. She's okay, just a little bruised on her chest where she hit the sidewalk, and is hyperactive as ever in spite of the pain medications she's on. When I told my older brother about this, he told me my sister-in-law used to have a dog with horrible separation anxiety who jumped through a closed window twice to try to follow her when she left for work. Dogs are just crazy sometimes.

6. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    My dog is cute, he runs into walls though and itches his ears for a long time.... He knows no tricks, he thinks sit is lay down and lay down is sit sometimes. He lets me hold him like a baby though and I carry him around a lot. He throws up a lot (comes with the breed). But no matter what his little face just makes me want to cradle him and cuddle which is is great at.

7. Aewynessa

Pidgey
    (Pidgey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽219.4
    Staff of VerityCrown of ValorBig Nugget ★★★★★
    My cat is lovable, but he's insane at certain points. Every morning, if we feed him too early yesterday afternoon, he comes meowing at my parents' bedroom door, which I happen to be right across from. Of course, he can't meow like a normal cat. No, he has to meow like he's the banshee incarnate. Sometimes, he runs up and down the hallway and slams into my parents' door. Alarm? Who needs an alarm when you have a ballistic morning cat?

Despite his morning episodes, we still love him. He can say "Mama" and even my name! I'm so blessed to have him. <3

8. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    "Ballistic morning cat" might be my new favorite phrase.

Aewynessa likes this.
  9. KrazyK

KrazyK The KRAZYEST member on LV!!!

Laxus
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽98.7
    Beast Ball ★★★★Thunder Stone ★★★Lucky Punch ★★★★★
    Haha that sounds cute

One time my bulldog ,Archie, walked into the patio doors which are basically just big rectangle windows with a white trim.

Yeah he ran straight into it without giving it a second thought.

I had a funny feeling that my dog was probably drunk or high on some form of medication he is on for his eyes,skin or ears cant remember which one tho

10. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    My cats always cuddle one another and sleep together! It's so cute! They really care for each other.

11. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    I had a pet bird when I was younger named Tweety because I'm creative. She figured out how to open the doors on her cage by herself and we eventually had to tie them shut to keep her from escaping, but before then she managed to get out while I was out with my family. We got home and couldn't find her anywhere we looked. We were starting to think she had managed to get out of the house and was gone when my older brother went to make some pizza. We started hearing these weird noises from behind the oven, so he turned it off and sort of pulled it away from the wall and Tweety came flying out and flew directly back into her cage. Somehow she had gotten stuck behind the oven and then it started heating up when my brother was cooking. Poor little bird must have been terrified because she never went back into the kitchen again after that, although it didn't look like she was hurt at all.

Mandriel likes this.
  12. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Both my dogs love to pull the bin over and go through all the garbage that they spread across the kitchen floor. Fortunately for them, they're so cute that it's hard to stay mad at either of them.

One of them (Jasper) makes these weird laughing noises in his sleep. Another time, he kept running in and out of the balcony, so we closed the glass door to see if that would keep him out. He ended up running into it without a second thought, silly dog.

Both of our dogs also used to get carsick really easily. On the day that we got them, I had to sit in the back seat of the car as we drove home and the two of them threw up for the entire half hour drive. By the end of it, both the back seats were covered in dog puke and I was half standing in an attempt to keep it off me. Fortunately, they don't do this anymore.

13. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    My dog makes those same noises when she sleeps sometimes. It sounds like she's crying and sometimes her paws twitch, so I think she's having a nightmare when she does that. She used to do it all the time when we first got her (she's a rescue) but hardly ever does it anymore.

14. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    The first time I ever heard him doing it, it scared the heck out of me because I was home alone and out of nowhere, I heard this weird 'heheheheh' noise coming from somewhere in my house. Jasper also twitches when he makes the sound, so it does seem logical that they do it when they're dreaming.

15. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    The first time my dog did it I thought she was having a siezure or something.

Mandriel likes this.