1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Original This is a Story

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by HiddenLore, Oct 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,884.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I found this story while going through my Google Drive. I still liked it, despite it being two years old, so I revised it a bit, and thought I would post it here.
    “This is a story” thought Blaze as he moved his hands across the controls, pointing the ship’s gun and firing the pseudo plasma blasts at the enemy vessels surrounding him. His ship was to defend the planet beneath him, but the enemy was far more powerful than had originally been predicted.

“So long as I am the main character of this story I’ll be fine,” he thought, as several more enemies disappeared in atomized clouds. A blast of plasma struck the ship near him, vaporizing a portion of the outer hull. Blaze could see crew members pulled through the hole. He felt for them, being pulled into the cold heart of unforgiving space was among the worst ways to die.

“I believe that the author will care for me.” The thought crossed his mind, and his hands carefully moved the gun a few degrees to the side. Another dozen enemy ships burst into soundless puffs of metal. He swung the gun in a gentle arc searching for more targets, binding his fear behind the mantra of his religion.

Typically military types gave up believe in the Author. For most it quickly become obvious that they weren’t the main character. No ideals could keep someone believing that they would be protected as a side character. However Blaze had always had a deep trust in the Author. He had rarely felt that he was truly the lead character, but so long as he did his best to be a side character, perhaps the Author could find a chapter for him to star in. Now as he targeted the enemies, he felt his actions being guided. It was a strange feeling, like part of his soul had surrendered itself to the Author, removing accountability from him. As if watching from over his own shoulder, he saw himself heroically hit another dozen or so enemies and he felt his fear fade.

However, there was a sense of dissatisfaction. Stories always portrayed these heroic moments, but was this what it meant to be a hero? Would things always be this easy? His self doubts were answered as he saw a plasma ball headed straight for his gunner outpost. The enemy had finally gotten a good target on his turret. Desperately Blaze tried to hit the proto-energy missile with one of his own blasts. Foolish really. Energy doesn’t work like that. In fact, the energy just combined, forming a larger deadlier sphere. Blaze let out a scream as the shell of of his turret shattered, releasing him into space. “This is a story….” He thought, eyes going black as his mind froze over.

LEt me know what you thought, and more importantly, where I could improve. I'm always trying to build my writing skills.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Oct 13, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Evangeline H likes this.
  2. Evangeline H

Evangeline H Youngster

Jack Skellington
    (Halloween Eevee)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽88.0
    This was amazing! The protagonist was aware of being nothing more than a character and hoped that the author won’t just throw them in some angst situation! The writing style is something to be admired and this was an excellent read! Keep up the amazing work!
    (Maybe do one with an aware character knowing the author is forcing a love interest onto them? I can see that working with your amazing writing!)

3. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,884.6
    A love story could be interesting indeed. I don't know when I'll write it, but it is a solid idea. Thanks so much for commenting on my writing though. I'm glad someone else enjoyed it.

4. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,326.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Amazing writing! It really flips the "main character gets free go-through" perspective!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,884.6
    Thanks for taking the time to read it. I'm glad you enjoyed.