1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Visual Art This sucks.

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by PoserPanda, Aug 25, 2020.

1. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I'm drawing a pose, and I usually save is as an Adobe Photoshop file. It saves as a PSD. This means that I can save multiple layers at once, and not have to worry about them merging. Without noticing it, I started working on the PNG. file. There's no transparent background, it's only a crappy white background with..."artefacts"
    [I believe they are called;]
    everywhere! So now I cannot properly color my drawing.

It looks like this now, and It shows all the lines that I had previously erased which are now ghost lines.
    broken.png

I put in the black color to better show how my drawing is ruined now. I could take more time to slowly and carefully erase each white bit of background. But I really wanted to finish this early today. I'm using AutoDesk SketchBook.
    Is there anything else I can do besides erasing? I've tried using the select tool and Control + X command, and that gets rid of the big stuff. Not the rest of the white, or the ghost lines.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jeydis

Jeydis Midnight Gourmand

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,036.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Oooh that is rough, outlines like this are hard to correct since cutting close to them with something like the wand tool won't work well. I hate to say it but it might be best to restart :/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    :(D:
    That makes me really frustrated. But I am grateful that at least you were able to type me some truth. :thumbsup: