1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Thoughts on Blue/Gary?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Achromatic, Dec 19, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Our rival. That...great guy who we were usually one step behind, but always a little bit stronger than. What are your thoughts on him? Love him? Hate him? Let us know!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    If you ask me, I love to hate him. He's a prat throughout most of the game, and the feeling of destroying him i battle is to precious. Now who's gonna smell ya later?

...Sorry, had to say that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    In my opinion, Blue isn't one of the better rivals in the games. He is just a straight-up jerk every time you see him and he doesn't really seem to have much of a personality to me aside from that. However, I do like Gary in the anime alright because of how good he is at battling.

4. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    It's kind of weird how he always manages to stay one step ahead of you, despite his team not really being all that powerful. No matter how quickly you go to the next Gym, he'll always be there slightly earlier, which to me really makes no sense. I really didn't care too much for him, he just seemed like the jerk who you'd try to avoid at all times irl xD

5. Wiso Altred

Wiso Altred Dragon Tamer

tetsu
    (Ledyba)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.8
    Gary/blue was always annoying me he was made to give you more motivation to reck him he is a jerk who will never move from his spot and has a severe memory loss if he wins he will never enter the league he is cruel the one time i liked him was because he was always the soultion to my HM blockers(rock smash rocks/bboulders) and he always gives u good stuff if you win and some how always has a better Pokédex than u and a rly good walking speed and hes rly good at leveling his pokes baiscly all yur rivals Game or anime 1.have evovlved there satarter(unless its squirtle) and one Pokémon in the third time you battle them and somehow just stcikcs his nose in your legendary encounters and has a GPS signal of hwere u are i Hate mroe than i hate Jynx+mr mime shiny sleeping hybrid

6. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I thought Gary/Blue was pretty cool.
    He worked pretty hard to get to the Pokémon league; only to have the title snatched by yours truly, and he was somewhat mature about it, even going so far to admit he was defeated. He even went on to become a gym leader instead, which I think is pretty rad. He started as an average 10 year old, and sure the personality was terrible, but he's just 10. He still wishes for you to b strong to as well and you can definitely see him growing as a person as the story progresses, which I absolutely love.

7. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    I can never call this guy Blue, he's always been Green to me. Blame the Pokespe manga.

I love to laugh at him. He talks this big game when really, the hardest battle you have against him that's not the Champion battle is the first one on Route 22. He's a jerk, but beating him up was always fun and good for wiping the smirk off his face. XD

8. broongus

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,635.0
    Blue/Gary may have been a jerk, but he was fun to have around. I enjoyed having him as a rival.

9. Fantasma

Fantasma ♃☿♄

(Cubone (Alolan))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽185.1
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Well Gay/Blue was an asshole i think he is the definition of a jerk in every aspect possible but let be honest here as a rival he is the best one so far

10. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    I also think that he was quite the prick, but that also was really motivating for wanting to beat him. Against more or less friendly rivals like Cheren I was neutral about beating them, but I wanted to absolutely beat the tar out of Blue. xD

11. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    He was a selfish character who propelled the game as well as hindered you when you aren't prepared for him which really stinks... I am more inclined to greatly disliking him although I do like his design a lot.

Not to mention in Yellow he takes the Eevee >:(

12. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    He isn't my favorite rival, but he's not my least favorite, either. I'm a bit neutral on him overall, as I do feel bad about beating him so many times, even if he is a bit of a prick. His Champion team was a very fun fight and a good challenge, though- that's one of the most fun things about the Gen 1 games to me.

13. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    He's a guy you hate to love and love to hate. He was a spoiled, snobby, condescending, self-confident rival who would do everything to 1-up you. That's what a rival in Pokémon should be all about! Love the guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.