1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Thoughts on Cilan

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by XxGinger-the-starxX, Sep 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XxGinger-the-starxX

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Idk bout you guys but the fact that cilan's eyes are a diffrent style then the usual bothers me

btw brock is totally fine with me lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Cilan. If I could kill any character from the anime series, it would be him. (Iris is a close second, though.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 8-Bit-Eevee

8-Bit-Eevee Crow of the Tempest

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    I hate Cilan for no reason.

Just kidding. I don't like him because he seems to be ripped off Brock.
    For that matter, Clemont sort of is too.

But the way Cilan is drawn in some episodes is just...
    No.

Not only that, but how does he carry a table while travelling?

4. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I thought Brock carried a table, too xD

5. 8-Bit-Eevee

8-Bit-Eevee Crow of the Tempest

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Did he? I don't remember that XD
    If he did, then that's just another way Cilan rips off of Brock >:(

6. MegaSharpedo

MegaSharpedo Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I'll be honest here; I love Cilan.
    "It's Evaluating Time!"
    I started watching the anime in Sinnoh (as Battle DImensions is the only series Toasted TV would show x_x ) so I wasn't as attached to him.
    But Tracey...
    OH GOD TRACEY...

7. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I kind of hate Cilan because I really disliked the way he talked about battles. "It's tasting time!" like oh my god. NO. Like I get it, you cook. I was honestly annoyed by how he was drawn since he's more cartoonish than anything else. Just my thoughts on it.

8. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Honestly, I think Ash's new traveling companions have gotten worse after the Hoenn arc.

Then again, I haven't seen any X and Y, so I can't really judge them.

9. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I don't think the new people are as bad as Cilan and Iris, some of them are like Dawn, though, imo.

10. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    I never liked Dawn. I felt like she was a much more annoying May.

11. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    That was the point xD

12. XxLiepardxX

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Eh, Cilan's okay. Then again, I never really watched the B/W anime. I stopped watching after Sinnoh, tbh xD

13. ThatPsychoticPichu

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    The new travel companions are annoying..
    I miss the Hoenn arc so badly :( I miss Brock..

14. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I do miss Brock a lot due to this flamboyant yet womanizing nature...he was a really cool character. But I don't watch the anime enough to go in to full on rant mode on Brock being gone.

15. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I haven't seen the B/W anime, but I can understand why people dislike Cilan for being a ripoff Brock. The cool thing about X&Y is that Ash actually left behind everyone else (except for Pikachu ofcourse), which explains the new travel companions. Sure, I really liked Brock, he's one of my all-time favorite anime characters, but it's also really cool to see them change it up a bit.

16. Nyanja

Nyanja › The fairy king ›

BEN!
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.4
    Crown of Valor
    I honestly enjoyed Cilan a lot within BW until BW started going down the drain. Despite Cilan being a clone version of Brock it would've been nice if we had more episodes focused on his background. Some things about him were left hidden like for instence his fear over Purrloin. Another thing is if they made him a bit different and not have similar traits then Brock then I feel as if people would've enjoyed him more. He was one of my favorite travelers (With Clemont being my top favorite) but since BW wasn't the best Pokémon series around I think that's what also screwed up his character as well. He also only had 3 Pokémon throughout the series. I would've loved to see more Pokémon on his team so we can actually get some character development. Speaking of character development I felt he was the only person who didn't recieve any which is quite sad.

Sheep likes this.
  17. Serena

Serena Camper

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Cilan was the best part about BW and needed more screentime than Iris did. They really needed to flesh out his character, especially with his fear of Purrloin.

Sheep likes this.
  18. Byakblade

PokéPoints:
    ₽23.0
    He's weird, kinda a sloppily character put together at the last minute. But I would like to poke him with a stick if he were real to see his reaction. :)

19. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I agree with Nyanja and Serena. I really, really loved Cilan at first but when the second half of Best Wishes started airing I lost a lot of drive to watch given that his character was hardly ever expanded upon. I was very disappointed he didn't catch more Pokémon - his character had so much potential but went nowhere in the end. :/

20. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Cilan struck me as a little strange, but give me Brock going gaga over "It's (x) time!" any day

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.