1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Thoughts on Minecraft

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Captain Comet, Mar 18, 2018.

1. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Enjoyable early on but got overrun with angry children trying to imitate their favorite YouTubers. Playing with friends on small servers though was great while it lasted :3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Smarty_Pants001

Eevee
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽780.4
    I still love playing on singleplayer, creative or survival. Servers, though, not so much, due to the high number of angry children who don't know anything about anything.

3. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I love playing Minecraft for an absurd amount of time. I'll play pretty much any version or mod, assuming it doesn't have roleplay for things like High school, Boarding school, or families. I don't understand why younger and older gamers enjoy that type of gameplay, but it is not for me. I actually have a good enough PC to play modded Minecraft, so I'm pretty happy about that. I also own the Xbox version as well. If there is a server out there, I wouldn't mind joining it and playing around. Especially if it is an adventure server for Pixelmon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,279.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Minecraft has a strange place in my heart. I always play it during the loneliest times of my life and when I feel particularly glum. Just by myself, nothing fancy. Just load up a new word and get to building/surviving.

The music is really relaxing and the game just has this inherent sense of wonder that is hard to replicate. I play it sparingly and loose interest fast so its pretty occasional. The time I do spend in the oddly cubed world though, has been very nostalgic considering I played it very late into its life.

5. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,901.1
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I have to be in a very specific mood for Minecraft. Currently that mood has returned and I've been building on LV's server, but otherwise I tend to forget about the game for extensive periods of time. Oh, and I don't play single-player, just multi-player.

6. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    I would enjoy a good Minecraft server if I have an account! I am serious. I can’t play minecraft as it requires money to download the software. And my parents wouldn’t allow me to buy it(note that I am still a 15-year-old teenager) There are lots of things I want to do in Minecraft. From crazy red stone build, Mega bases to mods.

Also, for anyone who still remembers the song revenge from Captain Sparkles
    Creepers Aw man
    (Try to keep this song going)

7. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I've never played minecraft, but I enjoy looking at what some people are able to create from it. I'm a little annoyed by just how popular it become on youtube, because now I feel like even if I did get into minecraft, and others found out I was into it, I would just be bombarded by curious twelve year olds who won't stop talking about what their favorite youtuber was doing.

8. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    Honestly one of my favourite games, as well as the one I've played for the longest period of time. Minecraft is a unique game in comparison to most other sandbox games. There is no goal or end(unless you count the End, no pun intended). In most games, once you reach a certain point, most activities would have lost meaning, which makes the game boring or unplayable, which is an aspect I dislike in most video games. In Minecraft, however, is designed to have the player repeat the same actions over and over again, but in different ways and contexts. It is designed so that the meaning of the player's actions will continue to perceive regardless of how long or how far you've been in the game. This is what makes Minecraft so playable(or replayable), and the secret to the game's everlasting relevancy.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

9. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Ever since I first played Minecraft in 2011, I have loved it. The amount of possibilities in the game’s three modes are virtually endless. Whether I was making generic buildings or messing around in survival mode, I have always enjoyed it. Now if only I still owned the Java version to play on the LV server.

10. enderpearl

enderpearl Bug Catcher

Sliem
    (Goomy)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽115.6
    I love Minecraft so much - the music, the creative potential, the survival game mechanics, the lore. I'm especially a fan of the extradimensional themes and locations in Minecraft, and I always love reading through new interpretations of the backstory of the game. It's my favorite video game by far.

11. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I can't believe I've never found this thread.
    What everyone's already said about Minecraft I'll add on to. Minecraft's just a game that allows people to express their creativity in so many different ways. There's not one single "correct" way to play the game - because all these different things people can do are all "correct", and everyone's got their own style! It's like the ultimate creative game except you can also do so many other things at the same time which just makes it more ultimate. I think I've lost all sense of words. That's how good Minecraft is.

12. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I think the game conceptually is one of the best ideas ever made.

But the game just hasn't been enjoyable for me since around 1.8