1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Thoughts on N?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Achromatic, Sep 30, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    What did you think about N in B/W? What did you think about his character and storyline?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I think N is pretty cool. He was so innocent, and it was kind of interesting to see BW show him turn from the pure-hearted child he was into a kind of humanity-hating person, though he's still really nice. I love how by the end of the storyline, he realized what he was doing wrong and left to atone for his sins (well imo anyways). In the end, his character development was amazing, and I really love that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Somewhere deep inside of me is convinced he is a long lost relative to Wally in RSE. Anyways, I felt like N was extremely sheltered in his life and he always had such a free view on Pokémon. Why he used his own Pokémon for battling even though his morals are against it confuses me, but I like how N would always eventually release his Pokémon in the wild. It goes to show that he doesn't take things for granted and uses a Pokémon to the potential they want to achieve in contrast to the typical trainer ideal.

LostSpirit likes this.
  4. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    N is one of my most favourite characters from the fifth generation. I love his mysterious ways, how he's so different from everyone else, how he can speak to the hearts of Pokémon. I also loved how his character changed his perspective on the world from having his heart fully set on liberating Pokémon to seeing how a world of humans and Pokémon together would actually be more beneficial. Characters that change for the better always gets my +1.

5. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    N makes me sad. He was never meant to be a real person, only a tool of Ghetsis's ambitions and would probably be thrown away the moment his "father" had no more use for him. Once Ghetsis found him and discovered his gift, he probably never had a thought or did anything without Ghetsis manipulating it in some way. People I've talked to don't usually think "brainwashed" when thinking about N, but that's really exactly what happened to him. It was quite touching to see N actually make a decision at the end of BW that Ghetsis didn't have a hand it, and it was awesome to see him keep up the pure motives of Team Plasma and resist Ghetsis's faction in B2W2.

6. eeveeongirl

eeveeongirl Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.6
    N was my favorite character from the game and I cheered so much when he returned later. I guess I always loved how he was completely honest with you from a fairly early point in the game. I mean he told you who he was on the ferris wheel so calmly that it made it seem like he thought of you as a friend. Then he battles at the end you not to prove that you are wrong like so many other villains in the series but more to prove to himself that what he is doing is the right thing. He's just awesome!

7. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I love N! He's definitely my favorite character from the entire Pokémon franchise, no doubt. He probably has one of the best stories you will ever get from a Pokémon character, and it's pretty sad too. His character goes really deep into the moral of Pokémon and everything surrounding it, which perfectly blends in with the Gen V theme. He is a mysterious guy, who's name only needs one letter to be epic :D

8. PokeMaster1

PokeMaster1 Dragon Tamer

PokéPoints:
    ₽141.3
    N is by far my favorite character in the Pokémon series. He had a very heartfelt storyline, you could tell he was focused on protecting the Pokémon. The music, Unwavering Emotions play at times with N in the mix of it. Sometimes his story, reading it everytime, makes me tear up. He was a person who was very confused and got manipulated really hard by Ghestis. His story, nothing else will be like it ever.

9. Pendraflare

Pendraflare Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    N was one of those characters that led me to really consider his motives. As BW progressed I felt I was given more reason to care about him and consider his purpose. And when the time came for the final battle with him, that was an awesome fight and probably (along with battling Ghetsis) the highlight of BW. And in B2W2 he pulls an epic moment in saving you from Kyurem. So N was definitely a character I liked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.