1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Time Difference?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Cadbberry, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    In Pokémon Sun and Moon the games were placed 12 hours apart so those who were night owls could play in the day time and those who want to play normally could. Do you think this feature will return or will it be scrapped? I think it will be removed since it is what deterred some people from getting Pokémon Moon. What do you think?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Since the games are still set in Alola, and still has the 'Sun' and 'Moon' part in their titles, I could see this feature coming back to these games. Ultra Sun would be played normally, on normal time, and Ultra Moon would be played twelve hours apart from Ultra Sun.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    It is the main gimmick that sets the games apart from the rest. It would be a shame for it to disappear.

4. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I agree with what others have already said, it is one of the gimmicks of the generation, and not likely to be abandoned so quickly, however they may change it to a setting you could chose at the start of the game instead, allowing you to pick which you would prefer. In the end I had sun so it never bothered me.

5. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    I also had sun though in end I liked Lunala more than Solgaleo, I didn't like either too much though, so for me it was just a little disappointing with the clock change.

6. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I really hope the time difference stays in the game. It's a unique Gen7 feature, so why get rid of something unique to that Gen so fast?

I also hope it stays because I don't want to be confused with the time. I don't want to think 12 hours behind/ahead all the time.

7. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I think it's a cool little feature, but I'm not sure it's necessary. I got moon, and oddly ended up changing the clock on my 3DS in order to play at night because I couldn't only play at night IRL. So every time I would play, it would be daytime in the game. That might have been the point if them making a time difference in the first place, but either way if someone wanted to play at a certain time of day, they could just change the time on their 3DS.

8. Uber-Dan

Uber-Dan PKMN Breeder

Rayquaza Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.7
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★
    It seems likely to stay as it seems to be a major feature in Sun vs. Moon. I didn't mind it myself since you can travel to the other world post game.

9. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    Part of me wants it to return because it was an interesting mechanic and it wouldn't feel right if they didn't have it. On the other hand this will probably be the deciding factor on which version I'll be getting because I'd rather have the game match what time it actually is for me.

10. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I'm not at all disappointed with the time change. I had Moon and my sister ha Sun, do it wasn't a bother. Some Pokémon only evolve at night, and since I play during the day, this time change made it much easier for me to get Pokémon like Umbreon and Weavile! I think it will be kept though for reasons already mentioned.

11. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Personally, I play on Moon without a clock change and I am mesmerized with the way the background in a battle changes with the time. You can actually see the dawn during battles, that makes the time difference worth it for me.

12. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    I think the best option would be to have it as an option mechanic in both games that can be turned on or off in the settings (in would be on by default in US and off by default in UM). But it probably won't end up that way.

13. Aewynessa

Pidgey
    (Pidgey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽219.4
    Staff of VerityCrown of ValorBig Nugget ★★★★★
    They'll probably keep the time split. It makes the generation more interesting. I have Pokémon Moon, and I don't mind the change. Still, I do hope that they don't continue this past USUM. This quirky feature lost its appeal for me a long time ago.

14. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I see no reason as to why the 12 hours apart thing would be part of USM, it makes sense for them to stay it also makes it easier to get time specific pokémon as you can have someone with the opposite version catch the pokémon you want if you don't wanna wait for the time to be right in your game.

15. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I think they will keep that feature for the new games.

If people don't like playing at a certain time of day, they can just use the nebby altar and it switches night and day lol. It would be nice if this option didn't have requirements like it did in sun and moon though. Not everyone has friends or another ds with the other version so that they can get both main game legendaries to get another cosmog and open the altar portal.

16. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I hope Game Freak keeps it, since I liked not having to change my DS time every time I wanted a certain Pokémon for my Dex. I also like the different sounds that happen during the night, and the general ambiance of the 12-hour difference.
    #MissingNo

17. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    I didn't know that it switches between day and night at the alter, is that a thing!?

18. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Cadbberry likes this.
  19. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I hope it stays the same. I have Moon, and it was chosen for 2 big reasons. 1. Pokémon selection and 2. the timing. I'm unable to really play any games during the day, and the night time lighting usually ends up being too dark for me to see whats going on..and the calmer music of towns/routes at night tend to lull me to sleep while I'm trying to play. :sweat: So I hope it stays for Ultra Moon..

20. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    I actually really liked it. As for me tochoose moon first. On this moment if I wanted to play. I only have time ar night.
    But getting more time i play at day