1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Time to RANT! Video Games Venting Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by colours, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Absolutely. It's why I get nervous whenever one pops up during a battle, haha.

Name it Kakashi :^) Kidding, honestly name it the most ridiculous thing you can think of.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Just restarted my Sun game to do a Nuzlocke. I'd forgotten how infuriantingly long it takes to pick you starter. :furious:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    When someone says 'I need healing' but then they rush ahead JUST AS YOU CATCH UP TO THEM!

If you need healing, get to the healer. No use running away like they have the plague then complaining about the healer being bad.

4. Tmo

Tmo Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.9
    Day 1 DLC and games feeling unfinished. It seems like EVERYTHING released is early access usually and they always have a season pass and some kind of DLC.

5. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I've spent so much time soft resetting... Shiny Celebi plz just show up already so I can end this A button mashing misery. T_T

6. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I feel like I'm not into Pokémon anymore, like barely at all?? I haven't bought USUM and I really don't miss it either, it's been like a year since I've played one of the games (excluding Detective Pikachu which is a blessing from the skies), and even for upcoming games I'm only mildly excited??

h e l p

7. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Zexion, please stop putting my party members in books. And please don’t stop mixing the commands, you keep making me die...

8. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    ;~; I was playing Digimon Dusk for a few hours and the game froze on me.. I had never saved!! >o<

9. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    That happened to me with Pokémon White 2. Never actually finished it because of the bad taste it left in my metaphorical mouth.

10. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    You mean you weren't chewing it? But... it has such great scenery!

Sorry, the pun just came to me and I couldn't help myself... :sweat:

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  11. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    DBXV2. I just have three things to say:
    1: Broly in Expert Mission 18
    2: TP Medal Shop
    3: RNG

Broly infuriates me to no end in that expert mission because he somehow always kicks my butt when I play offline, even though I Z Ranked Mission 19 Offline today. The Medal Shop? I'm looking for Sword of Hope and Divine Lasso, because I'm making a swordsman character (and also because they look pretty awesome), but no matter how many times I check and change the date, they aren't there. Finally, I've been trying to get Brave Sword Attack from Dance of Swords or whatever the quest is called, but the RNG just won't give it to me.

Gonna try the Medal Shop again today online though. Doubt I'll find anything.

12. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Okay, I'll say it. The dialogue in Explorers of Sky was pretty awful. All of the characters talk awkwardly and repeat everything that the protagonist said. And the partner says the protagonist's name way too often.

13. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    When you find a max level wild dino in Ark and you get ambushed by a pack of Troodon and lose it because it most likely got killed. I was pretty disappointed there since it was the first maxed dino I'd found in the wild.

14. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    I think a lot of my frustrations with DBVX2 just lie within the last DLC mission where you fight a crapton of people + Jiren and Ultra Instinct Goku. I got about that far before I get my ass kicked every. single. time.

15. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Ah yes, I remember that one. I was almost dead without any items left or limit burst after killing Beerus and everybody. I thought I was done, and then Jiren, Ultra Instinct, and Fu show up. I believe my first reaction was "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!"

16. U44151

U44151 Sailor

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽196.0
    actually hate the number of trolls and salt in LoL is kinda annoying

17. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    I must say, I dunno if it's just me, but I'm not feeling Ni No Kuno II lately.

I think it's just okay at best, and it was probably overhyped to me by the GameStop employee that was telling me about it. I'm a huge fan of RPGs, don't get me wrong, but maybe it was just the premise that I'm not really that excited about. There's something... missing from the game, something that's not pulling me in like typical grindy games do. For now, I'm very early on and just assuming that the game has a slow beginning and it'll start to pick up later on.

I'll give it another shot but I might consider the game a bust if I dont see myself fully into it soon.

18. RegionRunner150

RegionRunner150 PKMN Breeder

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Great Ball ★★

I haven't played the second Ni No Kuni, but the first one definitely had a slower beginning, it made me quit the game for a month before forcing myself to play it, and I fell in love with it.

Now as for my rant *cracks knuckles* my rant is based on the card system in Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories.

So in typical card games, you have a deck typically consisting of 30-60 cards. COH doesn't have that, IT HAS THE CP SYSTEM. Each card is given a point value which is added to a total ' score' with your deck, if its over your limit, you have to get rid of some cards. I see the point of that, balancing and such.

YA KNOW WHAT I DON'T GET, WHY THE AVERAGE POINT COST OF A BASIC ATTACK CARD IS 23 POINTS. You know how many points you get when you level up? 25!!!! Meaning you barely have enough points to get a new attack, much less a summon card or the Heartless support cards. It forces you to grind for hours and you usually have to lose a lot of your versatility in exchange for one shot strategies to beat bosses. I've always been the type of player who likes to be able to handle most threats well, but this game forces players to manipulate his decks on a level by level basis, utilizing only a single method to defeat foes.

19. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    To be fair, they do give you multiple deck-sets, so you can set up one for normal encounters and one for bosses.

20. RegionRunner150

RegionRunner150 PKMN Breeder

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Great Ball ★★
    That is true, but I had to keep switching out that boss-deck to deal with each boss that came my way, which I just found tedious after awhile.