1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

To Readers and Fellow Writers

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Airenee, Sep 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Airenee

Airenee Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I just thought of making this thread so that it'll be easier to scan stories,
    because, unless I read what it is about, I'm not that eager to check it out.
    So here's the deal...

Each of us will post a Summary, Genre, Characters or a brief description of our stories.
    That way, we can tell which story sounds interesting for us.
    Also you can post:
    1. Asking for Advice
    2. Fanfiction Profile
    3. Commentors/Reviewers

Sounds good? :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Airenee

Airenee Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Since no one is posting, I'll go first.
    Story: Secrets of the Night.
    Genre: adventure, mystery, romance, & partly tragedy.

It's full of OCs. Three main ones and the rest are supporting characters. I did an artwork for each submitted OC, including a few of my own.
    I also made a new area. But it's not like the six regions. There are no gyms, Pokémon centers, etc. It's a training ground for assassins, bodyguards...

Full summary is on the first page.

Fanfiction Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9774281/1/Secrets-of-the-Night

I find writing OC stories unpopular compared to anime-versed or manga-versed. So it's difficult. I would really appreciate it if you would drop by and comment a bit.

Another thing, I'm an in-depth reviewer when I'm not using a mobile. So send me a msg if you want a review. I'm not a flamer. :)

3. WroughtIronX

WroughtIronX Still_Burning

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    Heck, why not.

Name of my story: Warm Heart, Burning Soul

Genre: Adventure, Action, Trajedy

A young boy of ten years travels into a forest, despite warnings from his mother, and even his Pokémon, a Charmander named Aiden who always seems to know what's best for him. When a tragedy occurs and the young boy dies, his Charmander must do whatever it takes to return the soul of the boy to his body before it's too late

I'm an amateur author, and this is my first fic. Reviews would be greatly appreciated, seeing as they both help my writing and are my main source for inspiration.

FanFiction - https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10444302/1/Warm-Heart-Burning-Soul

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ragecage

ragecage Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    Story: Shadow's Vengeance
    Gene: Tragedy, Horror
    When a Pokémon trainer is accidently killed by Team Plasma, her Pokémon are left all alone. The trainer's Zoroark is hit the hardest, and he is filled with hatred. He goes on a bloodthirsty rampage, spreading terror through Unova. Then.... Shadow meets someone, who he hasn't seen in a long, long, time............................... and it just might destroy him.

It's pretty morbid, but, believe it or not, I've written sadder.
    It will be up as soon as I figure out how to put it up.

5. Airenee

Airenee Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Just start a new topic at the Fanfiction section. :)

6. Mangaluva

Mangaluva Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Story: Nuzlocke Sayleeverse: After Armageddon; Blood and Bond; Calamity Calls
    Genre: Adventure, Hurt/Comfort, Tragedy

Three fics into a series following Saylee, who starts out searching her ravaged homeland for her missing brother, Red. Along the way, she encounters other family she wasn't expecting, several gods, the dark secret behind a civil war, many stalkers of varying levels of strangeness, and many Pokémon, not all of whom make it through...

After Armageddon is a FireRed nuzlocke charting Saylee's initial search for Red, which is derailed by her getting mixed up with a gang war, some crazy assholes living in the Indigo Mountains, and Blue being a dick at inopportune moments.
    Blood and Bond is a SoulSilver nuzlocke that charts Saylee's forays into the wider world in order to find her brother, which is again derailed by surprise family, Team Rocket pulling shit AGAIN, occasional gods and a very angry little boy.
    Time Enough is a sidestory set between Blood and Bond and Calamity Calls involving Celebi, foreshadowing and a good degree of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimeyness.
    Calamity Calls is the fic I'm presently posting, an Emerald nuzlocke involving Saylee's trip to Hoenn to investigate the origins of some odd rocks. It's a dual nuzlocke with my friend and muse, the fabulous Key-chan, whose character Key acts as a dual protagonist with her own past to deal with and future to strive for... if a couple of gangs of environmentally-conscious idiots, more occasional gods and a possible stalker with weird eyes will let them...

There's also a oneshot collection with a few short pieces. I'm afraid that the size of the series is somewhat intimidating, since AA has 52 chapters, B&B has 73 and CC is currently slated to have 54... and there are four more fics planned XP But this is a series that I've put a ton of time and love into, so new readers (especially ones who review) are always welcome and loved <3

7. Phua Ivan

Phua Ivan Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Here's my story:
    Title: Back for Revenge

Summary: Ash has never won a League before, and his friends resent him for that. Even more so, after being framed by someone. Infuriated at his friends for not believing in him, Ash leaves them behind, to encounter an unexpected ally. A year later, Ash returns to Sinnoh, where a mysterious person is going around killing Ash's friends, and pinning the blame on Ash. Time is running out, and Ash has to find the perpetrator all while evading from the people he once called friends.
    I suck at summaries, man. This is different from my fanfic summary, anyway.

Genre: Tragedy, hurt/angst

Anyway, please comment on my writing skills, and what can be improved on! I thrive on reviews :3
    But, my content contains blood, and uncomfortable subjects. Also, should I post it here as well?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10641094/1/Back-for-Revenge

8. AFeralFurry

AFeralFurry Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    Well, here's something of mine.

Title: Pokémon Vietnamese Crystal: The Journey.

Summary: Gold gets unlucky enough to wind up in the world of an infamously bad bootleg. Will he be able to survive the awful nonsense, or will he lose his mind, and maybe a few other things? Rated M for swearing, gotta love swears.

Genre: Comedy, Adventure.

Anyways, I'm a pretty new writer, so advice is always nice. I also tend to swear a lot in my stories, sorry. I don't ever do any sexual content, however.

Here's a link, but again, swearing, so...

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10680629/1/Pokemon-Vietnamese-Crystal-The-Journey

Anyway now, for a minor question. Can I post non Pokémon fics, here? I write those a little more.

9. MrGallade95

MrGallade95 Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Hi. I'm new to the forum. This is my fanfiction.

Story: Regions Collide
    Genre: Adventure, Humor, Suspense, Romance

Summary: All the heroes and heroines from previous Pokémon games comes to Unova to compete in the PWT. However, fate has other ideas as a familiar enemy is lurking as the heroes and heroines will have to team up to stop this enemy. Can they work together?

I actually completed it, but I need to do some editing in some chapters. Here's the link:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10314804/1/Regions-Collide

FYI: I'm not including Serena and Calem. I'm going to introduce them in another story in the future. A bit of a warning: this story contains a character death.

10. AquilaTempestas

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I've got two I feel worth mentioning. Both stories are novelisations of the games, and both feature no OC's and no profanity. There are violent moments, but nothing too extreme to warrant an M-rating. Characterizations are not linked to the anime since I'm not interested in the anime. Both stories have some dark themes, and have a realistic touch to them.

Story: Divine Destiny
    Genre: Adventure, Romance, Angst, Drama

Summary: Three years have passed since Team Rocket fell apart, but now they have returned under the leadership of a new ruler. While evil spreads, a young female called Lyra commences her journey and is destined to become the region's saviour, but it's not a path without obstacles. HeartGold novelisation.

Story: Ravaged World
    Genre: Adventure, Drama, Angst, Friendship, Family, Hurt/Comfort

Summary: The path to glory isn't as easy as it seems as Dawn learns soon after commencing her journey to become Champion. She learns she is connected to the sinister plot to destroy the world, and believes she has found the one responsible, but there is more than what meets the eye. Platinum novelisation.

I'd he greatly honoured to receive feedback :D

11. Malc Modnar

Malc Modnar Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Another chance to shamelessly plug get the word out about my story? Count me in. :thumbsup:

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Shadows of the Past
    Genre: Adventure, Suspense

Two years have passed since the near destruction of Temporal Tower, and the world is slowly recovering. But when an ancient evil threatens to shatter this fragile peace, only a single Pokémon, stripped of his memory, can prevent disaster. Old mistakes are not so easily forgotten, however, and the lines between friend and foe will blur as he seeks to uncover the shadows of the past.

Based on Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. This story follows a similar vein to the games, but from the perspective of a certain character of questionable morality from the games. Contains a mix of OCs and familiar faces.

12. Dragon of Vale

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    How can I not notice this in the first place?! I will join too!

Story: Requiem of the Fallen Dragon
    Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Drama

The realm of Pokémon is falling into the chaos. The evil force had risen the corpse of evil Pokémon and they start to invade the land! With the heart of justice, a young Lucario and his friends decide to start their adventure to dispose all evilness. But as the adventure proceeds, they found that everything leads their heart and soul deeper into the evilness!

It is a bit crossover with Final Fantasy, The Legend of Zelda and Fire Emblem, but just only system, not characters, so if you didn't know those franchises before, you will still able to understand it.

13. Warrior of Hope

Warrior of Hope Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Story- A Hoenn Adventure
    Genre- Adventure, Friendship, Romance

Summary- Will Knight has finally turned 15, and is allowed to begin his adventure across the Hoenn region with his best friend, Lily Davis. They will journey across Hoenn meeting new friends and making dangerous enemies.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10613422/1/A-Hoenn-Adventure

Story- Here With You
    Genre- Romance

Summary- This a one-shot about May and Drew after May returns from the Wallace Cup In Sinnoh.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10671288/1/Here-With-You

Reviews are always nice, because I want to make my story as good as I can. If you have time a review or two would be nice.

14. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Name fanfiction: Destiny

Genre: Mystery/Adventure

Summary: Destiny is about a girl who, for unknown reasons, appears in the Sinnoh region. She has no memory of her past, and isn't familiar with Pokémon either. She quickly discovers that an evil force is causing terror all across the region, to the point where the whole planet's existence is at risk. Destiny finds out that she the only one capable of stopping the destruction of both the human world and the Pokémon world, and she goes on a mission to defeat the evil forces...

Further information: This is my very first fanfiction, and it's based off my Pokémon Platinum Nuzlocke, although with a completely different plotline. Although the Sinnoh region looks roughly the same, and characters such as Looker, Cynthia and Cyrus still play a big role, many other things are way different from the games...

Fanfiction: Destiny

Additional notes: I'm currently rewriting my fanfiction, so the flow of the storyline may be confusing after a few parts.

15. Ryu Taylor of Valor

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Writing is my strong suit, so here are my stories.

Story 1: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - The Dark Blessing
    Genre: Adventure/Drama
    Summary: Pugno the Riolu and Pelame the Eevee have had two years to relax after saving the world of Pokémon from Darkrai's nightmare. But now, a new threat has arrived in the world of Pokémon, and it's up to Team Space-Time and friends to put a stop to it. The significance of this new threat is at an unbelievable level, making the future of the Pokémon world look very grim.

Story 2: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - The Demon Comet
    Genre: Adventure/Fantasy
    Summary: Part Two of the Hope and Faith saga. A mysterious event befalls the world of Pokémon, causing all sorts of trouble everywhere. Pelame the Eevee and Pugno the Riolu of Team Space-Time are again tasked with keeping peace in the world, but their work is cut out for them. And even if they are able to discover what the mysterious "Alpha Bloodline" is, will that be enough?

Story 3: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - The World Rebuilder
    Genre: Adventure/Spiritual
    Summary: The conclusion of the three-part Hope and Faith saga.

-------------

Sorry for there not being a proper summary on the third story. I just didn't want to spoil a single thing about it, nor how the second one ended. Anyway, enjoy.

Also, I'm currently brainstorming a rewrite of the saga. It'll be out sometime after I complete Alpha Sapphire.

16. Madness King

Madness King Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Story: A Time Traveler's Destiny
    Genre: Adventure, Suspense in later chapters, some romance

Summary: Jason is the child of the Legendary Pokémon, Celebi. At the age of ten, he is allowed to leave the forest he calls home and set out on his very own Pokémon journey. Joining him on his journey is Celebi herself along with Janice, a Trainer who is also starting on her journey. They face new and familiar foes, and Jason soon learns he's not the only child with a Legendary parent.

Jason is my main OC, and the story itself was inspired by another writer on FanFiction, named DarkFoxKit. When he turns ten, Celebi allows him to leave Ilex Forest, where he has been living ever since his parents were killed by a swarm of Beedrill. Celebi also joins him on his journey, and along the way he discovers that there are other children who were adopted by Legendary Pokémon.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9017677/1/A-Time-Traveler-s-Destiny

I've posted the first five chapters here on the forums as well, but I'm waiting for a review so I don't get in trouble for "spamming".

17. Scriffignano

Scriffignano PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Story: Pokémon: The Untold Story of Arc.
    Genre: Adventure, Romance
    Rated: Teen... for now
    URL: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10722808/1/Pokemon-The-Untold-Story-of-Arc

Taking place in the same story line as the anime follow Arc, one of the trainers that started his adventure the same day Ash did. With his partners Neeko and Snow Storm Arc will discover his true calling in life. Meet people you have seen before in the anime and new trainers that have never been seen before as Arc travels collecting Gym Badges, making friends, and starting rivalries.

Arc was an OC that I made about a year ago after I started using DeviantArt and saw another OC that sparked a lot of inspiration.
    Him along with some of the other OC's that I use can be found in my signature below.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.