1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Toilet Paper: Under or Over?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Vigilance, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    [​IMG]

Which way?​

Remember:
    Gengar's Grin-Today at 10:56 AM
    Today is truly the day we see who the degenerates are

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Over. Easier to one-hand it when removing it from the roll.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Pfft, who does it under?! Obviously its Over.

4. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,990.6
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Splatoon 2 already did that xD
    7122FE18-CA14-4DEA-9631-DAA6C060BCA6.png
    Over won and mostly played against its own team for the whole Splatfest.

However I just put mine on the toilet so no front or back roll for me :p

5. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Most of the time when I install it, I'm too desperate to care :P

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  6. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Damn. Gwoomy beat me to the Splatfest joke. Now I have nothing left to do in this thread.

You may find this surprising, but there actually is a solid, non-opinion based answer to this question:
    ::
    In terms of general convenience and removing the paper from the roll, over is the preferred method (as Shinigami alluded to).
    However, if the household/building has small children and/or animals roaming around, then under is mandated. The reason for this is to prevent the children/animals from unfurling the entire roll in curiosity - the natural instinct is to move it down, and an under-oriented roll won't unfurl (while an over- one will.)
    ::

So yeah. It depends on where you are and who or what you live with. There are times where putting the toilet roll over will play against you.

That said, the restrooms at my workplace have all the rolls set in the under formation. I work at a university campus. I don't know why they do that - then again, some people do come through with their young children, so that may be why.

7. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    It has to go over for that easy rip. We have cats, but they aren't even interested in the toilet rolls, so we can just hang them in the over position.

8. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Over for me. It makes everything easier. In public bathrooms, I've noticed them keeping it under which infuriates me.

9. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    Over makes everything easier. My brother, however, disagrees. There's a lot of subtle switching it when he's the one to replenish the supply.

10. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Over. Definitely over. Under just frustrates the hell out of me for some reason. It just looks all wrong.

11. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I definitely prefer over, like a decent human being lol. I used to take the toilet paper roll off and flip it around if someone in my house put it the other way, but I've become more lenient now, or maybe just lazy.

12. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽799.0
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I guess I'm a filthy degenerate, because I prefer under. Like Eclipse said, over can easily be unwound the whole way by kids, pets, and even gravity if you forget to roll it back up. With under you also have the advantage of pulling the paper directly towards you instead of downwards first then back up.

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  13. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Ah yes, the debate which isn't really a debate because the obviously right answer is so obvious. Also always reminds me of this:

[​IMG]