1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Topcat's Art

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by Topcat, Apr 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Topcat

Topcat Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Someone suggested that is a good place to share my Pokémon art :) I'll post most of the ones I've I made until now. I can't say this a thread that will updated a lot though ( I'm kinda slow with my drawings) but I will update as I make new Pokémon arts.

A little bit about my style, I generally start off with a grayscale painting and then use color/overlay layers with Photoshop CS5 to color the image.

[​IMG]

I don't know if I should post all of them or not I think I'll space it out. Anyhow, this one was a speed painting on a snow day probably the only time I can manage to finish a painting in a day ^^;

Any comments are appreciated <3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ZedKalEios likes this.
  2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    omg i love your Ho-Oh. That is so incredible and amazing. xD

3. DracoFeathers

DracoFeathers D to the R to the A C O!

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Great colors! The brush you used makes it look intense too, like it's in motion. I checked out your dA too, and saw the DGM fan art, so automatic kudos for that cause I love DGM xD You get a watch for that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Topcat

Topcat Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Thank you, I find it to be one of my favorite works despite being a speed painting. Ho-oh is probably my favorite legendary Pokémon :)

Thanks, Pokémon and DGM are both awesome. It's great to find someone else who thinks that XD It's sad that the interest for DGM has died down. It's my favorite anime while Pokémon is my favorite videogame .

5. Topcat

Topcat Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Here's the picture that I use as my banner :D

[​IMG]

6. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Excellent art! I'm also a fan of DGM. It's my third favorite anime (behind Hunter x Hunter and One Piece).

7. Ashe

Ashe Silly

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.3
    wow these are amazing! I've never tried doing that greyscale painting trick first, then adding colors later.I might try it sometime ^^

8. Topcat

Topcat Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Thank you! I've read some of Hunter x Hunter (about 100 chapters). I heard HxH is coming back from it's hiatus so I'll probably start reading more. If only DGM would come back too.

Thanks! Grayscale is a good way to get the values of a painting right but it sometimes messes up the saturation of the colors ^^;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.