1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Touchpad (Mousepad) or Mouse, you decide!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Vigilance, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    So let's get down to business and defeat the huns

Which one do you prefer? I absolutely hate mousepads. They feel really weird and I feel they don't bring the levels of functionality mouses do.

What are your thoughts?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    did they send me daughters when i asked for sons?

I prefer the trackpad! I like having my arms close to me and my hands closer to the keyboard because I'm always typing something. A mouse costs more money and takes up a USB slot which sucks because I always have stuff plugged in and charging. Plus I'm very finicky where the mouse is on the mousepad so most the time I'm just adjusting the position of the mouse which isn't fun.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Vigilance likes this.
  3. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    youre the saddest bunch i met met and you can be before were through

I really have no solid answer for this! When it comes to most times I prefer a trackpad as they don't freak out as much as a mouse can, but when I'm on my PC I have no choice to use a mouse most of the time.

This isn't on the list, but when I'm on my PC I prefer my tablet pen over anything else! It's basically another mouse but it's more adjusted to the screen than a mouse. It's hard to explain, but I bet anyone with a graphic tablet could elaborate.

Vigilance likes this.
  4. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Mister, I'll! Make a man! Out of you~
    I use a mouse for work stuff but for personal choice I'd always go for a trackpad. It's just habit and like Skittle, I like the ease of having my hands so close to the keyboard.
    Plus I create my drawings using a trackpad so my muscle memory for them is better than a mouse.

Vigilance likes this.
  5. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Tranquil as a forest but on fire within
    I typically use a tablet and tablet pen as a mouse. If I had to choose between trackpad and mouse though I would choose mouse. I hate trackpads so much. I like having the full range of motion of my arm and not being limited to just using my fingers on a trackpad.

Vigilance likes this.
  6. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,990.6
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    once you find your center you are sure to win

I like using a mouse. I think I have the same feeling as awney, or maybe it's just because I'm used to it.

Vigilance likes this.
  7. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    Voice commands. Nuff sed.

8. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I have a desktop computer, so while I really have no option as to which I'd like to use, I'm okay with that because I much prefer using a mouse. I have a hard time controlling touchpads, I'm always clicking into stuff I didn't mean to :sweat: For me, using a mouse is far more natural.

9. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    Dishonor on you, dishonor on your cow -

I'm gonna go with the touchpad because I really suck at using a mouse ;u; I'll always end up right clicking something or scrolling randomly, and if it's not my fault, the mouse is broken in some way and flies all over the place. Meanwhile, while touchpads do vary a bit in terms of how reliable they can be, they're also a lot more efficient: they take up a lot less room, and make it easier to scroll and click (for me anyway). Plus I was raised on laptops so owning a computer that could even connect to a mouse is pretty foreign to me.

10. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I use a moose. Enough said.

11. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    You're a spineless, pale, pathetic lot, and you haven't got a clue...

Touch pads are just...bad. They're just bad. Not only do they offer the same level of precision that a regular mouse would offer, but it also means that you'll get your fingers all over the thing while you're trying to move your cursor around.
    I myself have rather oily skin, and there's a laptop I have as a backup computer. I do have a wired USB mouse that I use for it, but I'm generally too lazy to plug it in. Either way, there's a round dark glistening ellipse over the touchpad that's the result of my greasy fingers having touched it so many times - I've cleaned up any fingerprints I've left on the thing (which is another problem, admittedly!), but the grease probably isn't ever coming off.

...Suffice it to say that I heavily dislike the idea of touchpads. I wish my laptop had a titmouse track pointer, but unfortunately it does not. (Track pointers are actually surprisingly good, believe it or not. They are far more precise than touchpads, and generally just as if not more effective.)

12. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Literally love all of you for continuing the song. LV is the best.

Gwoomy likes this.
  13. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    At this point, I prefer a regular mouse. The touch pad tends to hurt my finger/wrist after a while.

14. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Somehow I'll, make a man, out of you!

I hate touch pads especially since there is one on my surface. Whenever I pull it out and try using my surface at the wrong angle, my touch pad goes crazy and sometimes ruins what I'm typing. I also do semi competitive gaming so I need the added precision that comes with a mouse. On top of that, I just love the control that I get from a mouse over a pad and mouse pads hurt my finger after a bit.

15. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Yeah my touchpad does the same. I have mine disabled.

16. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I'm never gonna catch my breath...
    That reminds me. My laptop also has an option to disable the touchpad, for much the same reason. (Sometimes I even disable it even when I don't have the mouse plugged in - as occasionally the heel of my palm will inadvertently touch the pad, causing my place to skip!)
    For those who have laptops with touchpads, do yours have the option to disable them, and if so do you frequently take advantage of that?

17. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I prefer to have my mouse, but at uni I don’t like to have to much stuff with me, so I use my touchpad there.

18. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    I feel like I'm one of the few people that's actually ok with having a touchpad, but that's because:

a) Whenever I'm on my laptop, I'm on my bed like 95% of the time;
    b) Because of the above, it makes it an uncomfortable environment to use a mouse;
    c) I don't have a computer desk.

19. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I have literally no idea how people can rely on only the touchpad when using a laptop. Like...omg, how? It's very uncomfortable for me and I browse the computer/internet at snail's pace haha. Even when I take my laptop to the bed I bring my mouse and mousepad along, as silly as that looks =p

20. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    how do you even

mousepads + mouse on the bed is so uncomfortable. ;__; i need to use a mouse on a hard surface, not anything soft.