1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Toughest Elite Four member?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Sheep, Nov 19, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I don't know about you guys but I found the E4 in R/B/Y to be some of the most difficult throughout the entire franchise.. curious on if it's just me. Did any of you have issues with one or more of the R/B/Y E4 members? Who gave you trouble and why?

Personally I had a load of issues with Lorelei. Many of her Pokémon were bulky and I ended up needing to restart several times due to freeze spam. :( In the end I had to train Zapdos and bring that along with me, haha. Even though he has the ice weakness... Thunder proved to be so useful.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Achromatic likes this.
  2. Noctis

Noctis *this message has been removed*

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    I never really had a problem with E4 members when I got older. Honestly I think RBY series was the toughest, not only because my younger self struggled with it, but also because the mechanics were pretty wonky back in the day. ^^; But yeah, Blue was pretty difficult.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Lance always gave me trouble because back then I was too stubborn and didn't really use healing items... Haha! So if I was ever lucky enough to get to Lance he'd destroy the remnants of my team.

4. A Wild Morgan Freeman

PokéPoints:
    ₽49.1
    The only E4 I found challenging was B/W, mainly because of how I rushed through the game. If you were underleveled, Caitlin destroyed you.

R/B/Y I only found difficult with Loreli. Mainly because my main sweeper was like, Butterfree... Don't judge me.

5. guimartgon

guimartgon Competitive Blog Writer

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    RZE's third E4 Member, for some reason she always ended up beating me as a kid!! and then when I got past her I blew away the other guy and steven.

6. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I always had trouble with Bruno since he didn't really use a team completely weak to one type, so that was really tough for me who expected it to be a sort of monotype.

7. Otter Mii-kun

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    I've had quite a time battling Karen and Will in GSC, especially since the types they dealt in had few weaknesses to exploit, and the moves their Pokémon used were quite powerful. As for RBY, Loreli was the toughest of the Elites, even when I fielded Electric-type moves (most of her Pokémon, save for Jynx, were part Water.)

8. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I hated the rival battle in the end of the Gen I games -_- I could always sweep through everyone's team just by using my Blastoise, no problem! But then... Then, my rival shows up with his stupid Venusaur, who managed to kill my Blasoise time after time after time... And that's why I still hate Venusaur to this day.

9. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    All of them! boo, I could never really beat the E4 back in RBY no matter how much I tried. It might have been the most difficult E4 in any Pokémon game, or it could have just been tiny little me being a noob at Pokémon haha. I haven't really tried battling the RBY E4 since I was that small.

I remember particularly having trouble just getting past Lorelei, and if I did manage to defeat her, beating my rival seemed downright impossible heh... man, those were the days eh?

10. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I never liked Agatha in the E4 back then, because I had so much trouble fighting Ghost-types. I had almost nothing that could actually hit them, and her Gengar was extremely irritating to fight as a kid, haha. Of course I can breeze through her team now in the remakes, but Ghost-types in Gen 1 were very annoying, at least from my experiences.

11. fabe1089

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I would have to say Lance. HYPER BEAM EVERYTHING!

Agatha was also somewhat challenging, with her status moves and Wrap Arbok.

12. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Definitely Lance. If you didn't have a good Ice move, those Dragonair would just whittle you away like nothing with their Thunder Wave/Wrap combo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.