1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Featured Trailer for Pokémon: Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Arc1Dragon, May 29, 2018.

1. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★

A trailer for the latest game has been put up on TPC's official channel here it is

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 May 29, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2018
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Interesting. Are these gonna be side-games? It doesn't look like they're gonna be core games. It also seems like they appear in a different place, though, despite the focus on Kanto-specific Pokémon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I have... mixed feelings on this. On one hand, hooray for the Switch and the multiplayer feature, but if this is a core game and the entire battle system is being replaced with a Go-esque catcher, I'm going to be very disappointed.

4. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    I gotta say... I feel pretty mixed on what I've seen so far.

Positives:
    • I actually don't mind the chibi style models for one. I actually think they look better than the XY models.
    • Battling mechanics seem rather interesting.
    • Pokewalker-esque accessory seems really cute to have to take care of your Pokémon on the go.
    • HUGE plus for having the capability to ride big Pokémon and it seems you can have any Pokémon follow you
    • Protagonist character models are adorable.
    • Co-op is a rather beneficial feature for those who have IRL friends who like Pokémon and want to join in on the adventure.
    Negatives:
    • Only Gen I Pokémon here, it seems. Not surprising, considering it seems to be a faithful Yellow remake.
    • Pokémon GO seem to be a necessity to fully enjoy this game. This might be a plus for GO players, but I'm not really a GO player so unfortunately I'm not as hyped as I could be.
    • Seems like an exploration of Kanto for the upteenth time with nothing really changing. Although I don't know anything about the plot but at first glance it looks like it'll just be traditionla Kanto + Pokémon GO. Which I suppose makes sense as an introductory title to the Switch, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.
    While the pros look like they outweight the cons for me, I feel ultimately I would have to be a GO player to enjoy this game to its fullest. It's really apparent that they're trying to draw the GO crowd towards buying a Switch, which in all honesty seems to be a smart business move, but personally, I feel like this game might not be for me. I'm approaching this with cautious optimism, but that's how things stand for now.

Maybe this will actually motivate me to play GO or something for once, heh.

Gwoomy likes this.
  5. PokemonMozzy

Flamey
    (Charmander)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽154.5
    Water Stone ★★★
    This seems out of my league to be here for

6. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Depends on how you define "core game". This is definitely a Game Freak game, but no, it won't replace traditional Pokémon games as we know them to be.

Proof is right here: https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1001642194271272961

Basically, this is something to keep people occupied for a year.

7. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    all I can say about this is that it looks like a core game or a remake, but the Pikachu and the Eevee are just adorable. :P

8. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Yeah, tbh I'm a bit sad that they removed the traditional battling system in this one. Guess I'll have to wait for 2019 for the superior other version to return. Pokémon Go left a bad taste in my mouth, so while I appreciate the attempt at broadening the fanbase, I'm not as hyped as I feel I should be.

Gwoomy and colours like this.
  9. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    • genwunner pandering yet again
    • my switch has probably left my house like twice in the year i've owned it
    • lots of cash-grabby gimmick items
    • Pokémon go
    ...yeah, not too thrilled. At least they brought back the chibis because I actually liked the gen 6 chibis...

"your first adventure in a new style" but sinnoh was my first adventure how dare you deny me my gen 4 remakes

10. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    I don't blame you -- people are going to have strongly mixed opinions on this I think. For traditional core RPG players that aren't that into Go, this might not be worth the buy.

It's likely going to be a $60 game, so paying that amount to what is essentially Pokémon Go but at home might be a tall order.

OzoneFruit likes this.
  11. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    That's not even counting the Pokéball accessory... X_X

12. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
  13. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Interesting marketing strategy to align with PoGO. I'm really interested how that will play out. PoGO was yeah, cool, but it has become somewhat of a hassle. I'm super interested in seeing more about that GF 2019 game though. That has me hype.

14. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Not interested in this game at all. Don't like the Pokémon GO aspects of it, the Gen 1 fan pandering, and the chibi style.
    The graphics are mediocre in my opinion as well, especially for a switch game. The low quality was especially noticeable in the Mewtwo scene.
    Overall I'm disappointed.

15. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Hmmm, this looks really nice, but could definitely be better. That said, I'm not really that much of a Kanto fan. Either way, I probably won't end up playing it due to a lack of a Switch. This is, of course, the first step for Pokémon games on switch, so this is exactly what I was expecting.

16. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,996.0
    Things I like
    The art style
    Apparently being a Yellow remake

Things I don't like
    Pokémon GO
    Red(?)'s redesign
    The girl player isn't Leaf
    This means we probably won't be getting a more traditional Gen 1 remake for at least another decade (though really we should be getting Gen 4 remakes before Gen 1 again anyway).

I was really hoping that Go wouldn't influence the main games, but it looks like I was wrong. Although if this is a spinoff, it raises some questions. Mostly "Will you be able to trade Pokémon back and forth with the main games?" and "If so, does that mean that you can transfer Pokémon between the main games and GO, even if indirectly?

17. Borie Broer

Melody
    (Meloetta Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽368.8
    I've never been less excited for a new Pokémon game.
    Only gen 1 Pokémon being in it is really disappointing, and I've grown really tired of seeing them everywhere, XY and SM already threw these Pokémon into your face all the time and almost all the new merchandise has been gen 1 stuff for years now.
    They could have at least put later gen evolutions of Kanto Pokémon in, but not even the later eeveelutions are in this, not that your partner eevee is even able to evolve in the first place.

I've never felt so negative about a Pokémon game before, doesn't help that they're also showing off that new Pokémon Quest game with guess what, again only gen 1 pokémon! I've grown so tired of this.

I've always bought every new Pokémon game on release, but I'm really not even sure if I want this game, I might but only because I love Pokémon so much and I am very nostalgic for Kanto, despite being tired of it.

Pokémon Go intergration is something I also don't care for.

Gwoomy likes this.
  18. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    ^ you can skip it if you don't really care much for it. :v it's Pokémon Yellow + Pokémon GO in a game basically; it's meant to appeal to super casual GO players.

19. Borie Broer

Melody
    (Meloetta Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽368.8
    It's still a mainline game made by Game Freak though, I have always bought every single one of them.
    Plus I still love Kanto, I've just really grown tired of seeing gen 1 Pokémon everywhere like it's the only generation that matters and deserves attention.

I also wish GO mechanics would stay away from the mainline games, it's only one game right now, but if this sells better than the gen 8 game they're going to keep doing this.

Also grats on your almost 1000 posts!

Gwoomy and colours like this.
  20. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,032.8
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Yeah not really thrilled about these at all, I don't care about Pokémon Go and these games does not make me wanna get a Switch just for these. Gonna wait for E3 before I finally decide if I wanna these or not but so far I'm not really interested in them.

Also just gonna leave this here in case is not been posted somewhere yet.
    https://nintendoeverything.com/more-pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-eevee-details/