1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Featured Trailer for Pokémon: Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Arc1Dragon, May 29, 2018.

1. PokeMasterFactor

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I'm a bit interested. I'll probably only buy one version. I know that the next CORE game will be out next year which is likely Gen 8. I can wait. I suspected this is being made to tide fans over until Generation 8 and some people think it's likely this is GameFreak testing out features and things they might implement in future games to come.

2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Just gonna put this out there; hopefully it'll clear up some misconceptions:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pikachulover0927

Pikachulover0927 PKMN Breeder

Mythical Egg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽51.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I can’t wait tell this comes out. It was a rumor and I’m glad to know that it was actually true. This is my dream Pokémon game.
    I might get both but I’m in Team Pikachu.

4. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I think the posts I liked here pretty much show my opinion and im too lazy to write anyways
    I’ll probably buy it though. But the 2019 is really the one I’m waiting for.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Borie Broer likes this.
  5. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    so... 60 bucks for pokeGo home version not including the strange Pokéball thing?? 60 bucks to go from a really nice accurate modeling job to these x/y reminiscent chibis? 60 bucks to own probably the worst spinoff in the series??

yeah i really dont have anything good to say about this mess of a cashgrab...... at least you can dress up the partner Pokémon???

someone please @me when gen 8 comes out in 2019 ill be sleeping until then

edit: theres no proper wild battles fucken lol...... gamefreak employee who greenlit this game pls turn on your location

6. Pikachulover0927

Pikachulover0927 PKMN Breeder

Mythical Egg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽51.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I speculate that the 2019 Pokémon game will be Generation 8 or it could be another remake. Hopefully it’s gen 8 though.

It does look like an updated version of Pokémon Go and a remake of Pokémon Yellow but I’m going to try it out. I’m not that interested in the Pokémon Go feature though. I think they’re just trying to get people to play the game again.

I wonder what the shiny hunting method will be in the game because usually there are different ones every time. Honestly, they should do the Pokeradar method they did in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire but usually they try something new.

The SOS method wasn’t bad but it gets annoying when you finally find the shiny and it still calls for help but there’s ways to prevent that.

I love how you can cosplay your partner Pokémon and from the looks of it, Pokémon are finally following you around again. Many people loved that feature and that’s a reason why I’m hyped.

7. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I Have A Mixed Feeling Too As It Will Be A 'Pokémon Go'-Inspired Game Which I Am Not Into Because Of Safety But There Is Two-Player Now Which Is The First In The Series Plus Now There Is Mutiple Way To Play.I Can Imagine The Possibility With The Fact That I Saw A Student In The My College Have A Switch And My Pokémon Friend Stay Near To My House.

8. Saraceaser

Elfea
    (Honedge)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽48.0
    Actually, I'm REALLY into this. I haven't had a good excuse to play Pokémon Go in a long while (partly due to Finals which are basically finally DONE) so this seems like a good excuse to get up and do it.

My main things I have against this is that... A) this seems to focus purely on Kanto (again), which sucks unless they plan to add the other regions/Pokémon as add-ons later or whatever, and B) they got rid of Wild Pokémon Battling, which in all honesty... I always enjoyed those.

That's my opinion on it, anyways.

9. Ryan Smith

Ryan Smith Animation Writer

PokéPoints:
    ₽391.1
    I left the Pokémon franchise as a consumer a long time ago, and I'll tell you why.

I don't like Nintendo, and I'll give you my reason why. They don't value fan content and in fact, they go out of their way to shut it down. You say "well they have to protect their IP and people can make money off of their property" but Minecraft for example had a very different attitude towards fan content. They not only allowed it but made it possible for people to produce incredible animations, build servers that last for years with amazing gameplay, and it didn't hurt Mojang at all. In fact, I'm pretty sure that a huge part of Minecraft's continued success was due to fan content, and allowing ordinary folks to produce it, even fund it.

Nintendo doesn't like that for some reason and I'm sorry but I always viewed Pokémon as a beautiful way to tap into the creative spirits of countless individuals. I had a dream when I was 16 of making an animated version of my Pokémon fanfic Lucario and the 10 Ordeals. That dream is long gone because if I even try to do anything on that scale, Nintendo would likely issue a cease and desist. They refuse to budge from this frustrating position they have against fan content and I don't want to support a company with that mindset.

But Pokémon is a special thing and I still enjoy being part of the fandom, even though I strongly dislike the company that owns it. I understand my thoughts are probably rare and this post means little to the world at large but the folks at Nintendo are sitting on a huge asset that they could tap into, if only their corporate minds could see the value in letting fans build the stories they have in their heads without fear of some giant crashing down on their work.