1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Trainer Customization

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Morgaine, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Pokémon Sun and Moon continued with the avatar customization, but according to many, it was still lacking. For me, the game-exclusive clothes and the lack of hair colors (I WANT MY BRIGHT RED HAIR) made it a bit lackluster.

What are your wishes for USM?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,634.9
    More glasses options than just different lense color. Like different style and color of frames because what about the players with glasses? I want more frame options than just the horn rimmed glasses!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I'd like some more diverse hair colors in USM Nintendo! And don't make colored clothes version exclusives. I'd also like to see more accessories for the hair and the head.

4. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    I am all for more hair colors. SCREW NATURAL I WANT BLUE!
    Also, I agree with the game-exclusive clothing colors. It just doesn't make much sense to me, honestly.

5. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I would still like to see "champion outfits" or rather, old outfits from previous generatons

GiratinaMissingNo and JadeFox like this.
  6. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I'd like to see Trainers be able to have two different hair colors in the game. Basically two-toned hair. And if they added more hair colors to the game, I could go black and blue!!

Game-exclusive clothes should be done away with, so that all clothing is in each version. More glasses designs as well please (I really don't like how thick the ones in SM are)!

7. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    One thing I noticed was that Sun and Moon got rid of the option for girls to have really short hair.

I don't want so many variants of the same clothes (I'm never going to buy the same shirt in ten different colours). I'd prefer to have more variety in the styles themselves, like different patterns on the shirt or kinds of jackets. And speaking of jackets... I want one. Even though I think one would be highly impractical in Alola, it just felt weird to run though the snow in shorts and a t-shirt.

8. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I want comfy clothes for girls, a lot of them are high fashion but what about chill clothes. Also, more colors of hair and eyes, they are super limited.

9. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I just want more options in general. Especially hair options. Give me green hair or give me death.

I also hope they dont restrict some clothes to certain games. Please dont do that again.

10. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Seems that more colors for the hair and eyes are the most wanted thing until now.

11. Kiyase

Kiyase Sailor

Etain
    (Growlithe)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽15.7
    Poké Ball ★Amulet Coin ★★★
    Yes me too! I have glasses, and more options other than the horn rimmed ones would be awesome!

12. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I'm really hoping we get some nice new options that aren't locked to your version. Version exclusive clothes suck.

13. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    I found it lacked the personal options when picking the character. I mean we should have been able to design our characters to our tastes

14. kindred

kindred Collector

friend
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205.8
    i really hope they add more glasses options, bc i wear glasses and would love to see more options for that. also no more version exclusive clothes pls and thanks game. that's lame. also i want my pixie cut hair in Pokémon :c

15. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    The main thing I want is long pants. I tend to feel uncomfortable when my legs are even partially exposed and just prefer pants in general. As far as I can tell, none of the shorts or "pants" from Sun/Moon go down further than the mid-calf.

16. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I'd like more variety with clothes in general. A lot of them were just recolors and that didn't strike my fancy much. Also accessories! Things like scarves, earrings, tattoos, more hairstyles and etc would be awesome. I want to stand out a little more, and a lot of the fashion options were very simple.

17. SkyBlueFox1

SkyBlueFox1 Black Belt

Rose
    (Ninetales)
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,728.9
    Honestly, I think the biggest issue is how limited the clothing has been in both games. It's rather telling (and kind of confusing) that as far as I know, there isn't a single pair of proper long pants for guys in Sun and Moon (like ones that go down to your ankles, XY style). Or longer socks, now that I think about it. Honestly I feel like XY had more interesting options for dudes than SM did, which is kinda weird, eheh. A lot of the girl clothes look cute and their selection is a lot better, but I still can't help but feel like it'd be nice to have some more choices there, too.

I definitely agree with the idea of more accessories and extra hair and eye colors and the like, but if anything I'd like to see an expansion of the outfits themselves. One idea I've bounced around in my head sometimes has been the concept of... I guess, "roleplaying" outfits? Like, being able to buy an outfit like what the Pokémon Ranger trainer class wears, or picking up a swimsuit for Swimmers, or Black Belt clothes, so on and so forth. XY kind of did that by having casual clothes and then having more cold-weather things in the cold-area boutiques, but it's still kind of limited. Granted, Alola might not have been the best place for that considering it's all mostly tropical, but more options like that would definitely be a nice thing to have.

18. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I like the idea of getting outfits for different Trainer classes, and kinda roleplay around with them. This would give a lot of diversity with the players, and those outfits would also show what the player is like.

19. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    I don't remember them having freckles in sun and moon. It would also be useful if they had small curls in hair, for people who have small curls in their hair. ;0;

20. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    That they'll be more options, locking away half the clothes due to version restrictions was really annoying and frankly a bad move, and some proper long pants would be nice too. I know you could get the version exclusive clothes by going to the plaza and buy it from someone wearing it but I found that to be a really bad way of getting it because you need to actually meet someone wearing it and the dye option is something I never used because it took up a facility slot. More hairstyles wouldn't be bad either, can never have too many options for hair imo.