1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Trainers with Shiny Pokemon

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Bubbles, Jan 1, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    When I first went through Trainer Tower doubles mode in Leaf Green, the first thing that took me by surprise is that there was a trainer with a shiny Espeon!!! Never before have I realized that trainers in the game could have shiny Pokémon. That's no glitch either, as another trainer in Trainer Tower has a shiny Seaking in knockout mode and ironically a burglar trainer in singles mode has a shiny Meowth. Have you ever battled a trainer with a shiny Pokémon? Was it one of these trainers? What was your first reaction?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DracoFeathers

DracoFeathers D to the R to the A C O!

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I've never run into an in-game trainer that had a shiny. I think I'd be angry/jealous if I did, I'd knock it out hard xD "Why do you get a shiny?! You're just code! Not fair!" lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I don't think I have, though I never really visited those facilities haha. I'd be so jealous though, especially if they had a shiny I wanted!

4. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    I never battled a trainer with a shiny, but i do know about the shiny espeon trainer. Here is the thing, I would love it if some specific or unique trainers had shiny Pokémon. Pokémon nobunaga's ambition had one of the main bosses have a Shiny Rayquaza. I never got to really play that game, but overall i find that really cool. a shiny Pokémon that belongs to a trainer would not be bad, as it could make the trainers Pokémon even more unique. Imagine if stevens metagross ingame was shiny (the final game that is). Again it would just make characters unique in a way. :3

5. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    I think having NPC Trainers owning shinies would be a pretty cool thing to see (since I haven't before), even if I might get jealous, haha. Like sohrob said, it'd be a great way of making those Trainers more unique and likable (or unlikable, depending on how much you want that shiny, LOL).

6. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I think it's a cool thing if trainers have shiny Pokémon, but only as long as they're in optional areas, such as those battle facilities. I don't want to run into a trainer with a shiny Pokémon while I'm casually playing through the game :S

7. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I didn't even know this was possible! However, if I did, I would sure be mad or think it was a glitch.
    I mean I could spend years searching for my own shiny, but to have an NPC have a shiny with ease is frustrating!

8. brsajo

brsajo Idioddish

Sproot
    (Oddish)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,218.2
    What if shinies were randomly selected? As in, there is the same chance that a trainer's Pokémon is shiny that there is a chance that a wild Pokémon is shiny? I think that would be cool because strong trainers aren't the only ones who can find shinies.

9. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I remember finding these in FR in my first playthrough. I thought it was so cool, but made me jealous since I wanted some of my own :(

Overall though, I thought the Pokémon Battle Revolution shiny trainers were cooler :P

10. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I didn't know about this actually. I love how over a decade later, I can still learn new things about the games, haha.

11. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    That's pretty cool, I was always wondering why there weren't any lucky random trainers with shinies, I mean why would you be the only one to be able to find shinies. They should do more like this.

12. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Unfortunately, I've never battled a trainer with a shiny Pokémon(s). I didn't even know it was possible until some years back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.