1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Travel

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RadEmpoleon, Dec 4, 2018.

1. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    How much do you travel? Is there anywhere you want to visit in the future?

I travel twice a year, once over the summer and once during Christmas break. That’s about all. My family almost always stays in the state I’m in (can’t say which one) but we go everywhere here. (And yes, I have traveled out of state.) A few places I want to visit are Hawaii, Alaska, France, and Japan. All seem like great places and photo opportunities.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    My family never used to travel much, but now we take a twenty-hour drive trip to visit family nearly every summer. And last summer we did go on a cruise together, so that counts as travelling. We never really leave the states though. One day, I hope to travel to Mexico. I love the culture and language, and want to experience it first-hand.

3. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    My family loves to travel all over the place, though I'm more of a stay-in-state-and-have-a-nice-day person. I don't like leaving where I am, as I'm kind of paranoid about people, and being outside a comfort zone raises that by ten. So, in all, I'd just stay here where I am, and not worry about having to learn about a new place.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Not often, only ever when family plans trips for us! I've hardly ever traveled on my own, since it can get a little lonely haha. But I do have a trip to Cape Town, South Africa coming up early next month. Looking forward it a lot since I'll be with the boyfriend, but also dreading it because I am absolutely terrified of planes orz.

Would love to visit many places in the future! The Nordic countries, Japan, South Korea, Egypt, France, Germany, and many many more would all be lovely.

5. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    About the only time I travel is to seen family on holidays. Even before that, we barely traveled anywhere. One of my longest trips was to San Francisco and that only happened once. I've never gone out of country and the few trips I did do, were so close that I don't consider them out of state (even if they technically were). I don't really want to travel, I'm perfectly content where I am, but I may have to travel far out of the country for potential jobs I'm looking at and I'm okay with that.

6. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    We travel too much. Most of the time to Europe or Asia(I live in Asia). America is too far, so we only go there during the summer. We usually travel during the holidays, such as Christmas, Chinese New Year, Easter(since my birthday is in it, I get to decide where to go) etc. Recently, because of the workload, we've travelled less. I'd like to go to America again someday, but I'll have to wait for another half a year. I've already visited the majority of the "good" places, such as Iceland, Canada, and Japan(I've lost count of how many times I've gone to Japan, and we've been to the same place 90% of the time.).

7. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Not at all. My parents have been to relatively close parts of the country, but I have been abroad only once in my life - to France of all places when I was about five, so I can't really remember much of it.

I am going to Rome next year. I AM going. It's my 30th birthday and I am going. There are other places I'd like to visit, but the cost of going anywhere outside of Europe is horrific...£700 for a plane ticket to Texas?! That's highway (or runway, I suppose) robbery!

8. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Sometimes I will drive to walmart to purchase nourishment, it is enough for me.
    But maybe I'd like to see the UK.

9. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    I do not travel much anymore. And even if, not for long. It's just a littttle bit expensive, and I don't like travelling much anyways. My family still travels often, though.

10. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I travel once a year, but I wish it was more. It’s always exciting to see new places. If only it wasn’t so expensive.

I’ve been to twelve states outside of my own. They are Washington, California, Arizona, Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, and Utah. The only place outside of the U.S. I’ve been to is Vancouver, Canada.

#10 Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019