1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event Trevenant's Terrifying Tales

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by Absolute Zero, Oct 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    [oktoberfest]Trevenant's Terrifying Tales[/oktoberfest]
    The wind is howling, the shadows are long, and the fire is burning strong. It's the perfect setting to tell some spooky stories! And you're invited to tell your own!

Over the month of October, we will have two rounds of spooky story-writing. Starting this week and again on October 15, you will be prompted with a different situation in the Pokémon world to write your spooky story. We will have one week of writing, one week of judging, and then repeat the next week with a different prompt.

- Declare your intent to participate by posting below to be officially registered, and watch your notifications for when I tag all participants for voting in a poll this thread!
    - Your story should be less than 5,000 words long. It’s a flexible upper limit, but keep in mind that not everybody has time to read a full novel in a week. And there's no bottom limit: If you can weave a compelling and vote-gathering (non troll/spam) story in one paragraph even, you can enter that!
    - Post your story in a new thread in Literature Library with [Terrifying Tale] in the thread title. Final versions of the stories must be up by late Sunday October 7 or 21, and you can choose for yourself individually to allow or disallow comments in your threads.
    - Official Judging will happen in a poll added to this thread the following Monday to be sure everyone has time to read and vote while not distracted by their own work. Voting will be open to all members of Lake Valor, not only writers!

Prizes for each week:
    Every qualifier: 10 PokéPoints
    Runner-up story: 20 PokéPoints
    Highest-voted story: 40 PokéPoints
    As well as an Oktoberfest Participation Medal!

So what are you waiting for? The clock is ticking! Gather your parchment and quills and a flickering candle and get to writing!

Your first prompt: Traveling up the Pokémon Tower of Lavender Town, your character encounters an unfamiliar person lost among the maze of memorials, and that person is trying to get somewhere, but can't seem to manage it alone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  2. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    aw man, you know I'm in for this one! I'll post it when I'm done.

Update 2: I was finally able to write something. I'm just going to say this now. I'm doing this for funsies not winning.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    Absolute Zero likes this.
  3. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,639.1
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Oof this sounds so good, I'll try to write something if I can x)

4. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Sounds awesome i go try it.

5. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I get bored enough at school that I might manage to do this, but only time will tell...

6. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,861.4
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Keeping with my tradition of doing writing events, please count me in.

7. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I'll try this out!

8. flareon71

Legegg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽392.1
    Er, hi, yes, I may be a bit late into the first week, but I still want to try my hand at this!

9. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I'll give this a try!

10. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    I am intrigued and wanting to participate

11. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Oh...There Is Break In Between Two Section, Then I Am In!

I Thought I Have To Write One Story For One Week In The Month.

12. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    As I do not have enough time to write this story, I would like to compete in the second writing part

13. Arctiquaza

Arctiquaza Never quite gone

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    Why not? Spooky isn't really my style, but it's fun to step out of my comfort zone!

14. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    That's right, there is a second round later with a break for reading and judging between before the next writing week starts halfway through the month on 15 October.

Speaking of which, all first-week stories are due by tomorrow morning. After that point, any posted stories will not be included in the official poll which will go up during the week. Also, please don't make significant edits to your stories after that point. Proofreading edits for grammar are okay, but we want everyone to read the same story you're telling around this campfire!

Pirate Captain likes this.
  15. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    Forgot I was being with my dad this weekend. I'll do the second one for sure. Sorry about that zero. Thanksgiving weekend made it extremely time constrained this week.

16. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Thank you for writing, writers! The first week of writing is officially closed, and now comes the judging week! Our seven qualifying stories (in order posted) are:

Maiden in the Mist by @flareon71
    Geroniny and the Lavender Curse by @Geroniny~
    Lost Child by @ChocoChicken
    Void by @Arctiquaza
    A Lost Spirit by @Strytho
    The Channeler by @HiddenLore
    Escape by @Strix

Even if you didn't write, voting is open to everyone! A poll will be going up in this thread partway through the week, so turn down the lights and turn off the Despacito, and try to not suppress the memories of who spooks you the best!

And don't vote for yourself when the poll goes up! It would be pretty silly if you got scared by your own campfire story, yeah?

#16 Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    Laserdragon14 and Gwoomy like this.
  17. Arctiquaza

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    Hm, did you select a few to be voted on beforehand? Cause I posted a story before the end date.

18. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    MY BAD! Sorry for the oversight! I overlooked yours somehow when reopening tabs to compile the list! Human error on me. Yes, yours made it too and will be added to the poll when that goes up, and I'll edit into the list post above this.

19. Arctiquaza

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    It's fine. We all make mistakes. ^_^

20. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    @flareon71 @Geroniny~ @ChocoChicken @Arctiquaza @Strytho @HiddenLore @Strix @LiterallyEveryoneWhoReadAnyOfTheseStories

Did you all have time to shiver with each of these stories stories? Good, because it's time to vote! Starting now and going to Monday morning after the weekend, post here with the name of the writer and title of your two favorite stories from this week as specified above in Post number 16. A few things to mention:

1: Voting will close after the weekend, so there's still time to finish reading any stories you haven't finished reading yet.
    2: Yes, you get two votes. You can vote for up to two different stories (not both votes for the same writer), and you can't vote for yourself. Exposition optional.
    3: Voting is open to everyone, whether you posted a story or not.
    4: The next prompt will go up when voting closes after the weekend, so subscribe this thread so you don't miss out on writing time!

Gwoomy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.