1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Trials or gyms in USUM?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Butternut, Aug 3, 2017.

1. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Well, it's an alternate storyline. Anything could happen.
    I hope they have a sort of untraditional Gym, where, instead of Trainers, you battle through all the Pokémon before taking on the team of Totem Pokémon and Trial Captain. Therefore, it would be more difficult, since the Captain could use Potions or whatever, and maybe it would have a 2-against-one thing, but the Totem can't keep calling Pokémon.
    #MissingNo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Borie Broer

Melody
    (Meloetta Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽368.8
    I'm a bit late with this but... here's something that might be of interest to this topic.
    [​IMG]
    It looks a lot like Lt. Surge's gym.

I think it's an interesting detail worth speculating about.
    What could it be? Is it part of a trial? Did somebody recreate Lt. Surge's gym in Alola? Is it the actual Vermilion Gym?
    Who's looking forward to searching those trash cans a hundred times again? I know I'm not. :D

3. LilyNadesico

LilyNadesico Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽16.3
    Well, for myself, I would welcome seeing both Trials and Gym... perhaps them being merged in a way.

The best idea for me would be to still have the Trials, but have a few trainers to face during them, and a Gym Leader to face at the end of it instead of a Totem Pokémon.

4. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Gyms are nice, but imo for Alola, they shouldnt be prioritized over Trials. Maybe as a post game thing, though, gyms would be neat.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I'd prefer a Gym system over Trials. Don't get me wrong, I liked the Trials. I just feel like Gyms do a better job at making progress in the story.

6. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    If this is an alt timeline, I wanna see Alola with Gyms! I've had the crazy dream of Lillie being a Gym Leader: wouldn't that be cool?

Also I was never a big fan of Trials in the first place. Nowhere close to the thrill and training opportunities as Gyms were. the lack of gyms almost killed my fanfic off as well but shhhhh

7. PokemonGuardian2000

Pidgeotto
    (Pidgeotto)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽74.2
    If it is an alernate timeline it is hard say if their will be trails or gymleaders. I do hope we see gym leaders in alola.

I do like the trials in sun and moon, it was diffrent from battling the gym leaders it also was a nice change of pace for me.

8. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,996.0
    What I'm hoping for now is to have Trials during the main story, but be able to take on Gyms in the post-game. Whether their Alola's newly opened Gyms or if you can go back to Kanto and challenge their League on the other hand, I don't know. It would be cool to be able to take on two separate Leagues and become the Champion of two regions.

9. PokemonGuardian2000

Pidgeotto
    (Pidgeotto)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽74.2
    I do like the idea of gym battles post game. It would be ncie to go back kanto after you defeated the elite four in alolan region.

10. SuperMK8pro

SuperMK8pro Youngster

Natalie
    (Venonat)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽15.4
    The trials made feel like they wanted to try something new with Sun and Moon but I didn't really feel it, so I want gyms to return.

11. Messiah

Messiah Swimmer

yejus
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽15.4
    Animal Crossing Leaf ★Ultra Ball
    rather have gyms. idk i just didnt find trials to be that good.