1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    We noticed you aren't logged in, and we'd absolutely love for you to join us by clicking Sign Up! Lake Valor is a Pokémon community dedicated to bringing fans together. You can catch Pokémon, take them on an adventure through the site by levelling them up and even evolve them. There's something for everyone at Lake Valor. Best of all - signing up is free! We hope to see you join us. If you already have an account, then login and start discussing!
    Dismiss Notice

Event Trickster Treats

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest Events' started by Eclipse, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Eclipse

Eclipse At your service!
    SuperMod

64%
    Local Time:
    11:48 PM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,923
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    [​IMG]

Most people have some sort of 'sweet tooth' - some sort of food or sugary thing that they simply love. For some people, it's more specific, honed in on just their one favourite delicacy. For others, just anything that tastes of sugar can be enough. Hopefully I'll be able to capture the attention of both groups - by having you hunt around the forums for some candies I've left behind.

::::

What is Trickster Treats, and how does it work?
    In Trickster Treats, I will be hiding a bunch of candy on posts all over the Lake Valor forum. Your job will be to locate all of the pieces of candy, in order, and then report where you found them by the time the event is over. Candies will be hidden inside posts, and will be fairly colourful and easy to spot. As an example, here's what a piece of candy will look like:

[​IMG]

There will be a total of 10 candies to find, over the course of Oktoberfest. Each of them will be numbered accordingly (notice the one above is numbered '0', as an example). However, you won't be able to find all 10 at once - they'll be arriving in shifts.

What do you mean 'in shifts'? Explain yourself, dragon!
    Right now, only 2 of the candies have been hidden so far. Once per week throughout Oktober (ideally around Thursday), 2 more candies will be hidden - this will continue on a regular basis until all 10 are out. The candies will not disappear once placed, and they will stay where they are.

Wait a minute. How do I know you aren't going to make this ludicrously hard?
    You mistake me for some sort of scoundrel. I am a respected member of the community. To even insinuate--

--okay, stop glaring at me. I'm not out to get you or anybody else, so to make this candy hunt a bit less stressful, here are a few rules dictating where I'm hiding the candies:

:: In addition to the numbering, each candy is also a different colour. This will be important later.
    :: Once I place a candy into a post, it stays there for the duration of the event.
    :: Every time I place new candies, I'll say so in this thread - so you won't run into any nasty surprises.
    :: All of the candies will be hidden in different forums. So, for example, if you found a candy in the Safari Zone, that would be the only candy there.
    :: To make your lives easier, there will be no candies in any threads that are at least 40 pages long.
    :: There will also not be candies placed in the Info Hub, Articles, Drafts, and Donators forums. So you don't need to look there.
    :: Each candy will be accompanied with a little cryptic ditty hinting on where you will find the next one in the sequence.

This should help expedite your candy search, and make your lives a little less stressful.

That still doesn't narrow it down very much, and I'll still have to search a lot. Can't I have a hint?
    ...Fine, but it will come at a cost. I can't have you just hinting your way to all the candies, after all.

So, after I've placed the candies down, I'll allow you to ask me for a hint about any of them. Simply ask me (via forum PM) that you want a hint about a candy (and tell me which number), and I'll tell you. I'll give you up to 2 hints for each candy - the first hint will tell you the forum section it's in, while the second hint will be more specific. No more than 2 hints per candy, though.

There are a few regulations to asking for hints, however:
    :: When you PM me asking for a hint, include 'Trickster Treats' somewhere in your PM title.
    :: You need to wait 48 hours after I've hidden a candy to ask for a hint about it.
    :: After you ask me for a hint, you need to wait 24 hours before asking me for another one (doesn't matter which candy it's for).
    :: Ask me all of your questions for hints in the same PM chain. I don't like my inbox getting clogged.
    :: Every time you ask me for a hint, it will deduct from your score at the end.

Wait, there's a score?
    Of course. How else would I be able to decide on prizing? You didn't think everybody would be a winner, did you?

So tell me! How do I win?
    Find as many candies as you possibly can, and in what order you find them in!

:: Before the event deadline, when you've found as many candies as you can, send me a forum PM with the list of all the candies you've found. Include 'Trickster Treats' somewhere in the title. (If you asked me for hints, just use that PM chain.)
    Your list should include: the number of each candy you found; the colour matched with each number; and the link to the post you found that candy in. This is so I know you found the candies in order.

:: (If you didn't find them all in order, that's okay. For example, if you found candy #5 but didn't find candy #3, that's fine. I'll score you based on what you found.)

:: For each candy you found, you get 3 points. You need to get everything correct (number, colour, and location), otherwise you won't get credit.

:: Every time you asked me for a hint, you lose 1 point. I'd recommend asking only if you genuinely get stuck, and need a bit of guidance.

:: The deadline for this event is Monday 30 October, at 11:59PM GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). Make sure you get in your lists of candies before then!

:: I'll tally up the scores of everyone who sent me lists at the end. The prizing will be as follows:

1st Prize gets 30 PokéPoints and the Contest Winner trophy.
    2nd Prize gets 20 PokéPoints.
    3rd Prize gets 10 PokéPoints.
    All other participants get 5 PokéPoints.
    Regardless of placing, everyone will gain the Oktoberfest Participation trophy.
    (In order to count as a participant, you must have found at least 1 candy.)

And that's ALL I need to know?
    That's all you need to know. Of course, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I will be glad to answer.

Ah, and I promised you a hint on where to find the first candy, didn't I? Well, here you are...

The hunt has only just begun, and we can't have you turned away too quickly.
    So let's start with something easy, to get you used to the chase.
    Search about in the shallow waters, where resentment comes to light.

Sounds good? Then you're ready to go. Best of luck!

Make sure you're back before midnight.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Eclipse, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  2. Eclipse

Eclipse At your service!
    SuperMod

64%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,923
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    A few small updates to give on this event:

• Candies #3 and #4 have now been hidden. That means, so far, you can find up to 4 of them.
    • I forgot to note that everyone who participates gets the Oktoberfest trophy. That is now listed in the prizing.
    • The final deadline has been pushed forward one day; your final results are now due on 30 October instead of 31 October. (This is to give me a day to count up the results and award prizing on the 31st.)

If you have any other questions, you need but ask me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Eclipse

Eclipse At your service!
    SuperMod

64%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,923
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Eclipse here, with a brief update.

Candies #5 and #6 have now been hidden. That means, as of right now, candies 1 through 6 are ready for the finding.
    (Remember, there will be a total of 10 to find, when all is said and done.)

Also, I've adjusted the deadline to be 30 October Greenwich Mean Time, on account of British Summer Time ending on the 29th - so, sorry for that slip-up.

#3 Eclipse, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  4. VIctoryStar34IsBack

67%
    Local Time:
    12:48 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽78
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    ...I can't see the candy in this post @Eclipse . It just shows an [IMG}

5. Eclipse

Eclipse At your service!
    SuperMod

64%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,923
    Battle Points:
    ★0
  6. VIctoryStar34IsBack

67%
    Local Time:
    12:48 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽78
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Oh, it's showing up for me now. It was just an IMG before.

7. Eclipse

Eclipse At your service!
    SuperMod

64%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,923
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    A little later than I normally would, but candies 7 and 8 have now been hidden. Remember, there are going to be 10 candies altogether, so by next week's reveal, they will all be out there for the finding.
    Best of luck to everyone! Hopefully you've found at least a few by now.