1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal TripleAAABattery's attempt at a Nuzlocke of Pokemon Sun

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by TripleAAABattery, May 7, 2017.

1. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    I had a Nuzlocke starting in Pokémon Sun before, but I never finished it for some reason. But I'm gonna start over on it again. I've also done completed Nuzlockes on Black, Black 2, Platinum (Which was semi-blind), and Omega Ruby. I've succeeded in all of these, but just barely. Hopefully I can clutch it out again, but I already know these games arent very easy to Nuzlocke. Anyways, rules:

- I can only catch the first Pokémon I find in a route/city/cave. If I accidently KO it, oh well, I'll have to move on without it.
    - I must nickname any Pokémon I catch. I wish to go for a theme, though. Maybe I'll name them after Kingdom Hearts characters.
    - If a Pokémon faints, it is considered dead and must be placed in the Ded box.
    - Battle Style will always be set to Set.
    - Use of the EXP Share is not allowed.
    - My Pokémon's level is not allowed to exceed the level of the next Totem Pokémon, or the next Kahuna's Ace. This also means that the level cap will be the Champion's Ace Pokémon.
    - Dupes clause is active, but only for the first three attempts. If by the 4th attempt I still get a Pokémon I've previously had, I must catch it, or I am not allowed another Pokémon for the route.
    - Shiny Clause is active, but I've only had this happen for me once through all nuzlockes, so yeah :P
    - Almost forgot, but Im not allowed to take advantage of Island Scanning, either.

I'll decide my starter by the last digit of my Trainer ID. 1-3 being Rowlet, 4-6 being Litten, 7-9 being Popplio, and 0 being my choice of the three. Welp, good luck to me .u.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Part 1: Arriving at Alola

(Warning, this first one is pretty lengthy since I kind of wanna say things like how my character sees it)

My name is Gilbert. My mom and I spent 3 long months getting ready to move from Kanto to Alola. Now that we finally arrived, I got a chance to sleep in. Unfortunately for me, I'm pretty sure mom sent in our Meowth to wake me up, because it stormed into the room trying to wake me. I tried to pretend I was asleep for a good 5 or so minutes, but when I barely opened one eye to check, I saw him just standing there... staring at me... I closed my eyes again for another few minutes, thinking he'd eventually go away. But he was still there, staring... I eventually just got out of bed, thoroughly creeped out.

"You were out like a light, weren't you? You ought to be full of energy by now!"

Yeah, no mom. I just didnt want Meowth to watch me sleep like that anymore.

The professor suddenly just dropped by and let himself in as if he owned the place and called my mom 'mom'. He also said he'd take me to the Island Kahuna to get me my own Pokémon, but to not take him on, since he's too strong for 'people like you and me.' I got this wierd feeling in the back of my mind after he said that, but I digress. I got my stuff, including my amazing hat, and headed off to Iki Town to get a Pokémon.

We passed by some trainers, all of which who knew Kukui, unsurprisingly, including a kid who's vocabulary apparantly has 'Howzit' in it.

We entere Iki Town, but the Island Kahuna was nowhere to be seen. Before I went of searching for whoever it was, the professor told me 'What's the Island Kahuna look like? Well... he looks like a Kahuna!" Wow. How helpful. Thanks for nothing, Kukui.

I saw this young lady in an oversized white hat and dress and overheard her talking to herself about some ruins before heading up to Maholo Trail. What a wierdo. But I have to go there anyways, so I gotta follow them.

While walking up the trail, I saw the girl again, mentioning something about not coming out... at this point I dont think she's wierd. Im pretty sure she's mentally crazy. Why Im still following her, I dunno, but I am.

We got to this bridge, and she's just standing there. Suddenly she turned around with this worried look on her face. Cute girl. Too bad Im pretty sure she's crazy af. Regardless, I ask what's wrong and she suddenly asks me to save 'Nebby', who was surrounded by 3 Spearow. Come on now, Spearow? Those things are what I call 'fodder'. But I decided to go help anyways.

I go out onto the bridge... and holy crap, its clear from the first step that this is an old bridge. It feels like it might give out at any second. The moment I tried shielding 'Nebby' from danger, the Spearow Attacked me. Now, I totally had the situation under control, but what does 'Nebby' do? It released some sort of wierd shock wave that destroyed the bridge, and I started plummeting to my... I mean our deaths. Figures that the moment I try to help out, it comes back to bite me in the butt.

Luckily, this extremely cool Pokémon named Tapu Koko appeared and saved us. I want it. I want it a lot. It left this stone behind, and the lady asked me to not tell anyone about this. So here I am, telling this story to the internet.

Anyways, we headed back to Iki town together. 'Lillie' was the professor's assistant. I wasnt very surprised all things considered. A couple minutes after getting back, this large guy going by the name of Hala showed up, and I finally got a chance to pick my starter.

(Ok, huge flaw in my plan. Apparantly I dont have the trainer card yet, so I cant choose my starter by Trainer ID... so I'll just let RNG decide... and RNG decided to pick 3, so Rowlet it is.)

After thinking about the decision for about 30 minutes and annoying everyone around me with my undecisiveness, sitting in 1 place the entire time, I decided to go with Rowlet. Popplio was adorable, but it almost seemed like it was fate that I chose Rowlet... and Rowlet chose me back after staring at me for what felt like ages. I had a name for it, but it turned out to be rare in that it was female, so I gave her name another bit of thought... and called her Xion (She even had a Jolly Nature. What are the odds of that?) The professor handed me a Pokédex, and a trainer passport, then I headed home.

...or at least I would have if some guy didnt just show up out of the blue and challenge me to a battle. He had a Popplio. No, Im not jealous, you are :( Anyways, the fight was ez since I had the type advantage. Hala practically stole my cool stone, but promised to return it to me tomorrow. So... yeah. I finally got home, and mom asked me why I chose it. I wanted to say it was fate, but that's not a dialogue option, so I just said it's cool.

The next day, the professor once again barged in, not even apologizing for doing it again, and dragged me into joining him on this festival thing. Before I left, the Meowth gave me a rather piercing gaze... and decided that joining the professor on the trip is probably for the best.

By the time I caught up with Kukui, he was standing in some tall grass and... long story short taught me how to catch Pokémon despite the very concept of that being... well, rather easy. You just throw a ball at a Pokémon and hope for the best after all, right? At least he was nice enough to give me some pokeballs and potions before leaving me stranded.

(Disclosure: The first Pokémon you always run into on Route 1 is Pikipek iirc, so I wont count that one.)

On my way to Iki town, I ran into my very first encounter... a Pikipek. Holy crap, these things are everywhere. I decided to catch this Pikipek anyways because it didnt hurt to have more Pokémon, right? I caught it and named it Xigbar (Because of Skill Link and Xigbar is a sharpshooter, though sadly it didnt have that ability) before moving on.

I ran into another Pokémon on my way. A Yungoos. These little guys looked neat. After I weakened it a little, I got my Pokémon and attempted to catch it. I say attempted because for some reason I couldnt throw my Pokéball. I tried again, and once again, my hand refused to let go of the Pokéball. Maybe in the back of my mind, I wanted to weaken it a little more, but I accidently KOd it. I kicked myself for not catching it when I could, but I figured it was no big deal. I'll run into more eventually.

After beating some trainers, I also ran into a Caterpie on the way. It was me scraping the bottom of the barrel here, but I knew these guys evolved pretty fast, so I thought it'd be a good temporary solution. But once again, I ran into this problem where I just couldnt throw my Pokéball... this was really strange. Why was this happening? I decided to just KO the Caterpie and move on.

As soon as I entered Iki Town, Hala came up to me and said something about how the Guardian Deities enjoy watching us beat up each others Pokémon. He might have said something different, but close enough. Then when I walked up to Hau, he said 'Howzit, Gilbert?' Does it mean something I dunno? Because right now it sounds like people are now to lay to say 'How is it going?' or 'How are you?'

Me and Hau ended up battling, this time in front of a crowd. I felt bad for Hau, really. He was about to get his butt kicked again with the whole town and apparantly Tapu Koko watching us.

Well, until he revealed he got a Pichu. Considering I had two Flying types, I felt like he spied on me or something. Luckily Xion was also part Grass, so it wouldnt get hurt too badly by Electric moves. And I was right. Xion actually managed to beat both of Hau's Pokémon pretty easily.

'What? It's already over?!' was his response to the butt kicking he recieved. I almost bursted out laughing. Tapu Koko seemed impressed, too. Great considering Im gonna go catch him soon.

Hala gave me my stone back... well, it wasnt a stone. It was a Z-Ring. He mentioned something about how maybe Tapu Koko has a mission for me. Even Kukui said that doing the Island Challenge might help me find out the mission, but that's just ridiculous. What could a Pokémon like Tapu Koko want with me, anyways? I put on my Z-Ring and headed home, my mom and Meowth greeting me at the door. I could feel the Meowth's gaze again, though. What a creepy Pokémon.

The Team:

[3D=rowlet]
    Xion the female Rowlet
    Lv. 9, Jolly Nature
    Item: None
    Moveset: Tackle/Leafage/Growl/Peck

[3D=pikipek]
    Xigbar the male Pikipek
    Lv. 6, Quirky Nature
    Item: None
    Moveset: Peck/Growl

3. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    That's a really interesting approach to choosing a starter, I never thought about that part of a Nuzlocke before.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...