1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 3 *trumpets intensify*

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Dawn, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Dawn

Dawn of Christmas

#007 Squirtle
    (Squirtle)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽243.0
    Gen 3 is known for having a very...brassy...soundtrack. Did you enjoy it in the games? How did you feel about ORAS' updated orchestrated versions?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

...Jirachi?
    (Jirachi Egg)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,138.8
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Personally, it's my second-favorite generation in terms of sound (just behind Sun/Moon). Each generation has a specific sound-type that makes it unique from the others - part of the genius that is Junichi Masuda - and I believe the brass emphasis for Hoenn fits it.

I like the ORAS update, as it gives the tracks additional depth due to the hardware storage updates between the two. However, the one thing I dislike is how it seems to take some cues from X/Y's soundtrack rather than keeping its original, unique soundprint (though admittedly this is more of a problem with the new tracks than with the remastered ones so it isn't that huge a deal).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon Ruin Maniac

S A I L
    (Amaura)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽189.1
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I haven’t entirely played through any of the Hoenn games but I like the music. It’s not my absolute favorite, but it’s still good. The ORAS songs (from what I’ve heard) do a good job on updating the songs, but still giving old fans a sense of nostalgia (a perfect example of both is primal groudon/kyogre’s theme)

#3 Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  4. Neb

Neb Swimmer

Espurr ♂
    (Espurr ♂)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽139.8
    I vastly prefer the ORAS soundtrack. The “doh” and “beh” sounds of the original always sounded unappealing to me.

5. Sheep

Sheep Super Moderator

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽841.6
    I love both! ORAS definitely did a good job with the remixes and there were some that continue to stand out, like Sootopolis' theme, Deoxys' battle (aaaaa love this one), and the Contest Hall. I've listened to the tracks a lot since I've played the game for over 300 hours, haha. Nice to listen to some of my favorite tracks in more depth because there aren't so many hardware limitations, like ShinigamiMiroku said.

ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  6. Hraesvelgr

Naska
    (Totodile)
    Level 77
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,784.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I love both, the old for just nostalgia and ORAS because the music is just plain good imo. The updated sound fits the games but still gives the feel that is still the Gen 3 music we know and love.