1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Truth or Ideals?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 8542Madness, Dec 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    This idea solidified in many minds of Pokémon players during Pokémon Black and Pokémon White. Rehiram and Zekrom, truth and ideals.

Which is more important? If the choice came down to you to choose whether the next generation would strive for the truth or strive for their ideals, then which would you choose? Debate away!

My opinion in the spoiler:
    Personally, I would choose ideals. I think anyone who reads my signature can tell why. In my signature is a poem by Emliy Dickenson. It goes like this:

Tell all the truth but tell it slant,
    Success in circuit lies,
    Too bright for our infirm delight
    The truth's superb surprise;
    As lightning to the children eased
    With explanation kind,
    The truth must dazzle gradually
    Or every man be blind.
    --Emily Dickinson​
    I believe that the truth is an important thing in life, but I also believe that it is a dangerous force that can burn those who aren't ready for the truth. Idealism, however, can be more effective at positively affecting an individual while not being as dangerous to them. The search for moral righteousness, when done correctly, leads to peace and understanding. While blind idealism can be dangerous as well, I believe from personal experience that a burning truth on the unprepared can wreak far more havok.​
    Given the option, I would balance truth and ideals equally. Both are important aspects of each other that must go hand-in-hand in order for society to be its best. However, when forced to choose I think the obvious choice is to promote ideals.​
    Do you agree? Disagree? Tell me why!​

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    They both have to go together in order to be successful. Truth is where you are now, the realistic world, the straight-up facts. This is what your life is right now, no debate. The truth is always there, and it cannot be changed. Ideals are your future, who you want to become, what you want to do with your life. Your ideals change as you grow, and they are dependant on the truth. There's no point in relying on either of the two, they are strongly related to each other, and only if you are able to balance the two, you'll be able to reach success...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    I agree with Astral, one cannot go without the other. Without one, the other would eventually collapse, due to lack of balance. However, if I had to pick one, it'd be Truth. ideals are fine and all, and they can create a perfect future, but without truth, who could you trust? You'd be alone, without anyone to go to.Truth is more immportant in that regard, but you still need both!

4. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I wholeheartedly agree. This is kind of a light vs. dark case in my opinion. If I had to choose, I would choose... I don't know. It is super tough to choose between the too because they work so well together.

5. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    Astral and OfficialRedG have huge points. As much as I am a Reshiram fan, I'd still pick both since we all need the truth of who we all are and we all need our ideals to move forward to our future. And like JudgeSceptiled said, this kind of stuff is like Light vs. Darkness and we need both of them.

6. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    I didn't know the answer to this question when I played Gen V. I still don't.

7. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Just restore Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom into one Poke.

Truth+Ideals+the thing that combines them.

Truth =Truth, You cannot modify the truth, it will always be there. You can hide it, make the other think that it Is a lie, but is still Truth

Ideals = A lie, yes I said a lie. Ideals are human inventions, created only to go forward with the history and create a process that have the goal to continue to the future

There are no lies without truth, there are no ideals without truth.

8. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    Everyone here I believe is in agreement. One cannot exist without the other. We humans are a creative and inventive lot. We dream, we build, we need our ideals. But what exactly are ideals? Are they dreams? M-W.com states:

So a goal or maybe a dream.

I trust everyone knows what truth is, but I'm still interested in what M-W.com says:

By that definition, it makes no sense that ideals and truth are opposite. Truth is solid, it doesn't change despite what people think. But we also need change to move forward as a species. We need ideals to push us forward and break limits so we can truly grow.

Think of a kite; in order to soar, we need to be tethered to a string. Or else we would only crash and burn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.