1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Trying to keep myself from quitting writing...

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by flareon71, Oct 10, 2018.

1. flareon71

Legegg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽392.1
    For a few years now, I've been writing PMD fanfiction, and it's been going moderately aight.

However, recently personal issues have come up, both with my online life and my outside life, and deterring my motivation to get anything done. There's still that voice in my head telling me that I can put the final nail in the coffin by quitting. No more writing, no more updates, no more pressure, and I can finally say goodbye to that life forever...

But I don't want to do that. I don't want to let my readers down. Even if I'm still due for fixing up more of my early chapters and some of my recent ones, I don't want to let that stop me from trudging on. But with every passing day the continued stress of just everything the world's throwing at me is bringing me to my breaking point.

How do I keep myself motivated? It's been a while since I've had that idea breakthrough that left me with the adrenaline to get an avalanche of words done. What do I do?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    You make some very good literature, if your recent spooky story is any indication. However... you need to watch out for your own needs. You need to continue with school or work or whatever obligations you have. You need to keep your grades up or pay rent. You need to support your healthy relationships. Your fans will get by, and if they truly care about you, they'll understand. If something has to give, I recommend some of the intensity of dedication.

If you do want to keep up motivation because your life circumstance and stress levels support it, I recommend you mix up what you're doing. It can be kind of a slog keeping the same exact project going, while dropping it for something totally different is a new stress of its own. Maybe consider wrapping up the current story and starting with a sequel? Same enough you can keep momentum, but different enough you're not wearing down the same tires.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    flareon71 likes this.
  3. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    For me personally if I'm trying to write something and I just lack the motivation for the particular story, I put it on hold for a bit and write something else. That way I'm still getting writing done, but I'm not as stressed about it.
    If writing is something that you really want to do, then I think you should continue doing it. If you have to write less often, or make your chapters or stories shorter for a bit, then do it. But don't give up writing for good.

flareon71 likes this.