1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 4 Tweaking

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by RadEmpoleon, Apr 26, 2019.

1. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I assume you guys are familiar with tweaking in the gen 4 games- specifically in Diamond and Pearl. (Tweaking, if you’re unfamiliar, is a kind of glitch in DPPt where you can pass through the black part of the screen called “the void” and if you’re extremely careful, you can get Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus. However, if you mess up, you may end up trapped in a wall or worse, your data may be corrupted.)
    Have you ever considered going into the void to get your hands on these mythicals? Would you do it if you had an extra copy of the game?

Ok, it honestly sounds like a really cool thing I would’ve loved to do as a kid, since I loved glitches. However, there’s the issue of corrupting the save file. (And I’m lazy.) I don’t want to do this to my precious Diamond copy, so I’d definitely be more inclined to do it on another copy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    I didn't even know that was a thing. I never actually played the 4th Gen games, but if I had I wouldn't have tried exploiting this as the risk factor sounds like it would be too high for me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Well, this has kinda been a thing since Gen1... If you've ever seen a speedrun, there's a LOT of bypassing that goes on to get to the E4, warping by manipulating the code.

To answer your question, no, not really. It was much easier just getting an AR and setting up a code to make the game think I got the code from an event giveaway, so I got the item from the guy in the mart.

4. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    This reminds me of the Gen 1 glitches where you could get Missigno and Mew, or this disturbingly warped glitchy version of Cinnabar that we all thought was the Orange Islands back when I was in Primary School. xD

I have never done this - I was lucky enough to get the Wifi event Shaymin and Darkrai at my local GAME at the time, and I used my Action Replay to get Arceus...which ironically sounds like a safer option than this! Honestly I wouldn't do it now either, because glitches are often hit-or-miss and I don't have the patience for trying to get these things to work...and knowing my luck my save file would corrupt and that'd be the end of it.

5. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I've only seen it in YouTube videos, I used a Action Replay to inject the items needed to get those three into the game and didn't even knew tweaking was a thing till way later.